ITT: Dissapointing last seasons

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/embed/OKKSBHlxRdg
youtube.com/watch?v=OKKSBHlxRdg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was much better than the last 2 seasons

The Wire.
Breaking Bad.

The Wire was a step down compared to the previous 4 seasons but still good by normal standards.

Breaking Bad season 5 was so horrendously bad that it ruined the entire show.

>GiIlian

>Breaking Bad season 5 was so horrendously bad that it ruined the entire show.
One bad season doesn't ruin an entire show. Memetard.

The Boondocks
The X-Files

But Ozymandias is one of the shows best episodes

Except the last time Breaking Bad was good was Season 2, barely. By the time Season 5 rolled around it was pretty hilarious how bad and over the top things had gotten.

Ozymandias isn't even top 5. 4 Days Out, Fly, Crawl Space, One Minute, and fuck even Gliding Over All are all superior episodes.

Also, Boardwalk didn't go to shit ever, anyone who says so is just a low brow faggot

fuck them faggots hating on walter, yeah he was deranged, but that shit show never argued about the pointlessness of the "war on drugs", and how to stop it.

apparently WW was the main villain, not the police/prison/political system making billions of it.

sometimes I think these shows are just propaganda.

for me breaking bad ended with "I won".

youtube.com/embed/OKKSBHlxRdg

youtube.com/watch?v=OKKSBHlxRdg

For me the show ended when Walter met Jane's dad at a bar and they bonded over fatherhood and a few whiskeys. And then Walter went on to watch that man's daughter die just hours later. And then that guy happened to be an air traffic control officer. And then he happened to redirect two planes into each other, over Walt's house and this was what the flash forwards were showing glimpses of all season long.

>tourist retard redditor doesn't know how to embed youtube links

can you really blame them? HBO cut the season down to like 5 episodes

after they killed jimmy the show turned into dogshit

I liked the nihilistic approach near the end. After they found 'Earth' the series turned real dark and depressing since not a single good thing happens until the very end of the final episode.

The Boondocks last season was fucking unwatchable. What happened? Is there a story behind why it was so utterly terrible?

>

I got really tired with "x is a cylon" shit. It did get better at the very end, but it just doesn't live up to the first 3 seasons.

>Breaking Bad season 5 was so horrendously bad that it ruined the entire show.

Don't remind me, I'm still not over it.

This. After Jimmy got killed it all went downhill.

>>

>Jimmy fags

Season 2 and Season 3 are the best out of the whole show. Don't hate on Boardwalk just because you don't understand simple fucking mythology or the pure simplicity of Jimmy's arc.

>HBO pushed Winter to wrap up BE so he could move on to Vinyl
>instead of at least 2 full seasons we get one shortened season of BE
>Vinyl debuts, HBO renews for a 2nd season after the 2nd episode
>fires Terrence Winter after the 8th episode
>cancels the show out right after the finale airs

The amount of hate this show got in general, but especially here, is fucking triggering.

This is the only way we could've ended... isn't it?

Vinyl was canceled because it fucking sucked m8

>everyone in the 70s was cool meme
>bad bowie impersonations
>montage
>It's another Richie gets high and does something selfish and irresponsible episode

Was it the worst show ever? No, but it's when you made the greatest tv show in history, people are going to have higher standards. The show and winter had plenty of episodes to establish itself, they just didn't. It was a cliched mess with decent production values.

Ha, God no.

>Vinyl was canceled because it fucking sucked m8

Yeah I guess so, whatever you say m8, I'll take you're word for it then, that's a real convincing argument put forth. Seemed to me everyone thought "it fucking sucked m8 keke" was because it was yet another story about white men making money and doing coke by the immortal Scorsese.

Every article or review I read about Vinyl seemed to be bitching about their not being enough womyn power or strong empowered black men who don't need no Jews. The only character who constantly received praise was that slut Juno Temple.

I just wished that Earth(our Earth) being the 13th tribe would've been a way better season 4 reveal with a more darker end to season 4 rather then them finding a planet to live on.

They could've done it as a way to break the cycle and I think people would've been alright with it.

I wrote why it sucked in my comment buckeroo, you chose not to read it apparently.

Jimmys "arc" was rushed. It wad foolish to build a character as complicated and layered as jimmy and unceremoniously kill him off in s2. Fuck s3 could have been cooler if knucky goes to prison and jimmy ran atlantic city as knucky attempts to run a small resistamce from behind bars. S4 could have been the final jimmy knucky showdown

4 was the worst.

they shouldve had jimmy go hide out with capone and they both plot to kill cucky

then cucky turns capone against jimmy but its too late because jimmy kills cucky and then luciano makes his powermove and kills jimmy and takes over everything, then him and capone fight it out in brutal mob wars for like 3 seasons until the show just kind of ends when capone gets arrested

Luciano sucked though.

>3 whole seasons of Nucky vs Jimmy

Yeah that doesn't sound completely boring or anything. If they had gone down that path plebs like you would have been bitching that Nucky vs Jimmy dragged on for way too long and was mostly filler and should have been concluded sooner.

We already saw Jimmy running AC and that didn't go well at all.

The only way Season 3 would have been "cooler" is if Jimmy brought Harrow with him to the War Memorial and they got the jump on Nucky and co and put the 4 of them in the dirt and then season 3 was Jimmy is the King and he has to deal with Rosetti, but that would have been a short saga, Rosetti never would have made it out of that kitchen in s3e1.

What part of you doesn't understand that Jimmy had the perfect tragic arc? His character is perfect as is and his final scene remains one of the most gangster scenes ever put to film. Like a shot right out of The Public Enemy.

>they should have gone completely against history and had Lucky and Capone fight a totally epic mob war for like 3 seasons and then it just kind of ends lol *epic IASIP reference*

holy fuck

>jimmy goes to hide out with capone AGAIN
>Cucky (lol epic meme right guys u c wut i did there?) turns Capone against Jimmy but its too late

where the fuck do you come up with this shit?

>Rosetti never would have made it out of that kitchen in s3e1.

That would've been great, he absolutely ruins season 3 for me. He's too much like a cartoon character and feels completely out of place in the series

Idk I thought he was the best outright villain on the show. Made Dr. Narcisse look like fucking nothing. Probably the only true "lol villain of the season" in the show to.

No one going to post Lost?

It got better each episode I will admit but I think what killed the show was the horrible pilot and the hype surrounding it.

The whole entire show felt it was building up to bigger and better seasons but by then nobody gave a shit to watch it.

Mad Men

Narcisse was awful but Rosetti sucked too.

I actually liked this more that BE overall.
BE just lost track too often towards the end. Keep it compact.

I thought the pilot was fantastic and for the first few weeks every episode got better and better after that, especially that episode with the dead guy following him around on his binge an all week. My favorite part about the show was the organized crime angle and it seemed like, aside from Richie being the lead, this was one of the things people bitched about the most. Seemed like the general public wanted the show to just be an hour of sex, drugs and rock and roll.

>Working class Brummie WW1 veteran gangsters
>They all look like perfectly groomed supermodels

Takes me right out of it

>keep it compact
kinda ironic since Peaky Blinders has been picked up for at least 2 more seasons

Holy fuck, this show is godawful. I thought the first season was ok, at best, but actually I only really liked the pilot. The last episode of the 2nd season could have saved it all but instead of putting Tommy in an unmarked grave they pulled him for future "lol op for Churchill" shenanigans.

And don't even fucking get me started on how godawful the 3rd season was. There was an entire episode about the wives and girlfriends of these gangsters going on strike because YA FEMINISM. As if that shit would have fucking flown back then.

Peaky Blinders is Boardwalk Empire for the Breaking Bad crowd. So I can plainly see why you would think that PB is better than BE. And actually it's closer to Sons of Anarchy than anything.

3 and 4 were terrible, you have shit taste

yeah but he was a real mobster so you have to focus on him

cucky wasnt even a real person, he was just some made up idiot like jimmy, they both shouldve died off before season 3 ended

Boardwalk Empire is already made for the Breaking Bad crowd.

Fucking House M.D. Last two seasons.

I've never seen a show go from such heights to such lows. It went from No Reason (some of my favorite character exploration and analysis ever) to that episode where House is taking care of a baby. Also that episode where he's in jail. That show ended on such a low note, with such mediocre writing. I will fight everybody who thinks otherwise.

>you have to
wtf lol

>already made for the Breaking Bad crowd
>slow burn
>character drama
>doesn't depend on one liners and cliffhangers and epic shootouts to keep it's viewer numbers up
>characters are 3 dimensional with real problems and motivations
>not 2d cardboard cutouts that only exist to stand in Walt's way

Breaking Bad makes Boardwalk Empire look like the Sopranos

It was awful, I mean it was dogshit, but by fifth season most shows are.

It's very rare that you have a show that remains good by the fifth season like The Sopranos or The Wire.

>Nucky Thompson was based off of Enoch L "Nucky" Johnson
>not a real person just some made up idiot like jimmy
>Jimmy was based off of Johnson's IRL driver, Jimmy Boyde

anything else you'd like to add?

you know im right tho

that would been awesome

also they shouldve cast dolph lundgren as al capone

yeah, narsis was a fucking stupid character

Gyp Rossetti was a Breaking Bad level cartoon character.
>slow burn
>character drama
>doesn't depend on one liners and cliffhangers and epic shootouts to keep it's viewer numbers up
All applicable to the first 4 seasons of Breaking Bad. Season 5 was a clusterfuck of pandering but until then it was a good show. Shallow but none more so than Boardwalk Empire. Perhaps you lend Boardwalk Empire more legitimacy because it more closely resembles HBO prestige dramas like Deadwood and The Sopranos? It's not nearly as good as those shows.

You're both retarded and probably the same person

reading it broken down like that sounds like a LOST arch

Started rewatching Boardwalk other day. I seem notice much more now. Still like the show a lot

At no point, except for parts of season 2 and 3, PARTS, was Breaking Bad ever a slow burn or character drama. No character, except for Walt, has any depth beyond how they stand in Walter's way. They only exist to be his obstacle. Gus Rosetti has more depth and traction than anyone in the entire run of Breaking Bad. Literally every character on Breaking Bad is some shit tier comic book style cartoon character.

>implying Breaking Bad didn't start relying on one liners and cliffhangers until season 5

have you even seen the first 4 seasons of BB? Even the first season relied on gimmicky pandering shit like that.

>Gyp Rossetti
yeah he was fucking horrible

some metrosexual jabroni cartoon villain they had to put in to try to make cucky look less pathetic

Because Breaking Bad is "glorified" shit with no artistic merit what so ever. It's not even worthy of a rewatch because there is nothing left to take from the show after you've seen it from start to finish that first time.

Gonna have disagree on the pilot but on the show getting better I agree.

I didn't like the crime stuff of the but the episode with Richie and the dead guy was amazing it was the only time gave a shit about Richie.

Honestly even I wish Zak was the protagonist of the shoe instead of Richie I will say he was not as bad as people him out be.

While their were not the worst characters I didn't get praise for Juno temple character and the Nasty bits. Juno almost broke up the band by thinking with her lower bits and the nasty bits sounded like a terrible high school band I didn't get the appeal of them.

Fringe

I wish Ray Romano would have had a larger role, he was a huge surprise, IMO, and every time he was on screen he was a delight to watch work, especially the scenes with his daughters Bot Mitvfah. The only part I liked with the Nasty Bits is when they main guy is jamming out in the guitar shop with some other grungy looking street dude, and the 2nd guy walks out stealing the guitar and the Nasty Bit's lead follows him. Was like some Johnny Rotten and Sid Vicious shit.

It's a shame, the show had such promise, and for how hard HBO pushed it (forcibly wrapping up one of their most popular shows at the time) it seemed that HBO just didn't know what to do with it.

I hate Vinyl for not only the terrible pilot and boring premise, but for ruining BE's final seasons. It was a show about record companies in the 70's and the writers put every 'edgy' trope into it. Coked up guys, guys in suits, gangsters, lots of sex, lots of guns, lots of violence. It was all style, absolutely no substance at all.

I heard its good, but my cousin watched it and started hating in the later season. He said it became a shitty soap opera. The problem I have with the show is that the actors look too "pretty" to pass for gangsters.

Breaking Bad was a lot more slow paced than you are giving it credit for. You got a couple of action climaxes per season but there was a lot of downtime. Season 4 was spend pretty much an entire season on build up to the Gus/Walter conflict before resolving it in the finale. The show obviously had a much narrower scope than an ensemble drama like Boardwalk Empire but I don't see how calling it a character drama is inaccurate. It wasn't afraid of doing the occasional action scene or tense set piece but it was usually routed well enough in the character conflicts they built up even if they could be pretty indulgent. It wasn't until season 5 for me that it started to feel like the characters were serving the set pieces and not the other way around.

It's not as though Boardwalk Empire didn't have its fair share of schlock and violence.

Dissapointing last seasons you say?

Ray Romano was great in Vinly. He really should have been the mc. The part where he feels overwhelm by Richie constant fuck ups is great

Also who was that piano kid he met was Ray gonna ruined him or something?

>He said it became a shitty soap opera

exactly this. The first season was ok and the second season was barely watchable, but I couldn't finish the third season and have no desire to watch another hour of this shit. Season 3 is Sons of Anarchy tier in how cringeybad it all is.

There is nothing redeeming about Breaking Bad imo. I've never had an urge to sit down and watch any episode. Whereas I'm in the middle of rewatching Boardwalk for the 3rd time and love it more than ever. There is just so much more to Boardwalk. Breaking Bad is just Walt and the little shitty world he's built around himself and the shitty boring people who get caught up in it. There should have been more of a focus on Jesse, but with him being less of a bitch and more of a Jimmy/Christopher "go get shit done" type of character.

>Also who was that piano kid he met was Ray gonna ruined him or something?

Just some lame vein attempt by an accounts man to bring in some talent, which was out of his depth. He was a numbers guy not talent. You see that a lot in shows like this, especially Mad Men. Someone has next to no self worth and they attempt to step out of their comfort zone to prove themselves and usually it fails miserable. In this case, that kid Ray "found" was a complete fucking weirdo with no talent of his own.

And Ray was desperate to recoup some of the money he'd lost in the failed buyout and on his daughters Bot Mitsvah

>There is nothing redeeming about Breaking Bad
I think there is plenty that's good about Breaking Bad. Great lead performance, excellent technical filmmaking and style, The show doesn't have any depth to reward repeat viewings so I haven't rewatched the show either. It was a very entertaining rollercoaster ride for the main part with many memorable moments, but it really was all about getting to the next plot point, once you've seen the whole thing it gets shallower the more you think about it, not richer, especially with how much it descended into crowd pleasing culminating in that bland finale.

I never finished Boardwalk Empire, I dropped off after 3 seasons. It felt too derivative of other HBO shows to me and outside of the typical HBO quality production values there wasn't much to keep me going outside of some memorable supporting performances. Nucky felt like a massive non-entity of a character compared to Tony Soprano, Al Sweregen or even Don Draper or Walter White.