If I jump off a bridge, landing on my head 160 feet below, do I have a good chance of dying...

If I jump off a bridge, landing on my head 160 feet below, do I have a good chance of dying? There are some islands in the river, so I hope there is one that I can land on instead of in water. I want to kill myself but I don't have a gun and the only pills I have are a couple bottles of trazodone, which I'm pretty sure won't get the job done. I don't have any money so I can't buy anything to kill myself with.

Steal something to kill yourself with. Who's going to lock you up?

I don't have a rope, is a belt long enough to do this with?

I still think my best bet is jumping, I live in a densely populated area and have roomates so I feel like somebody would interfere if I tried hanging myself instead of letting me die in peace

yes, a belt can be used. sitting down connected to doorknob even. thats how the guy from inxs did it. and david carradine did it in a closet from the clothes rod with a belt. google: auto-erotic asphyxiation

Would the handle of my sliding glass door work? I would prefer if my roomates weren't the one to find me

your questions are getting stupider, so that means you are just depressed. its like people who cut themselves, but no fatally... (google: hesitation marks)

Seriously, get some Anti-Depressant Meds prescribed.

These meds won’t make the circumstances in your life better,
you’ll just wake up in the morning like most normal people do,
with a little bit of energy, take a nice walk, have normal relationships and conversations.

Don’t you miss having a day that isn’t total deep dark shit?

All medical insurance plans cover anti-depressant meds, even government and welfare insurance.
Even the free clinic offers these services.

Next time you go to a Doctor for annual physical exam,
tell the Doctor you feel “off”, and want to discuss anti-depressant meds.
IF they talk about sending you to a Psychiatrist, tell the you refuse Psychiatrist, and if they won’t consider meds, tell them to just forget about it, never mind (that will guilt trip them to dispense meds).

Meds will not change your shitty life, but since you will wake up feeling okay, maybe you will cause the changes in your life that are missing now….

I'm trying to tie a noose with a belt and even with that video I'm having a hard time with it. Is there a video of somebody doing it with a belt?

I'm not doing this for attention, hence why I want to find a method that guarantees death. I would rather not paralyze myself and not be even capable of attempting suicide again, which is my only concern with jumping off the bridge. It's 160 feet, and I think that should do the trick if I can land on something instead of water. I think I'd need another 100 feet or so to feel comfortable jumping into water

I did some research on people using that bridge to kill themself, and only 3 of the last 7 that attempted it were successful. I'm hoping the ones that survived didn't land on their head and that is why it wasn't successful

you need a rope at least 14 feet. you a funny bait faggot

kek, faggot
just kys, faggot
oh... wait ...

Might as well explain why your life is so shit first before offing yourself. Not trying to stop you, just genuinely curious.

160 feet into water is not enough height to do an hero.

i don't want anyone to kill themselves, but i do wonder when i see these threads... why not just stop eating/drinking and waste away

14 feet to tie the noose shown in that video? How do people tie them with a belt?

fuck this faggot.
there are 10000000 depressed faggots on Sup Forums. fuck OP, subconsciously just wants attention. fuck faggot OP, just another depressed faggot (yawn...............)

I literally can't stop sucking cock, even though I'm not gay

Yeah I know, that's why I'm hoping one of the islands in the river is under the bridge

fuck you retard, obviously a belt is not a rope.
now I am convinced you are bait,
>well done faggot

> in b4: no really, i am depressed faggot, i really want ded

I know, just another depressed faggot that in the end will pussy out and won't kill himself.

Yeah, I really want attention on an anonymous image board. If I wanted attention I would post something on Facebook

Oh man take a shit ton of trazadone and go for it.
I took a whole bunch of trazadone one night and was sure I was going to die. I wrote a suicide note saying "Im pretty sure im going to die, but its cool.."

I've been checking, even at 160 feet onto land, you still have a pretty good chance if living, just as a depressed suicidal quadriplegic.

OP, why not just open up a credit card and buy a gun? It's not like you'll have to pay it off anyways.

Money problems due to being a heroin addict. I've had suicidal thoughts for over a decade, but I've finally reached the point where I'm ready to take action

Sup Forums is the new face(less)book, faggot.
thats why you are opening your dam soul here, faggot. we are all depressed, you aint nothing special faggot. just kys anonymously, dont tell us shit, just leave you worthless piece of shit, this place aint your epitath, faggot

Just get some junk and push off one morr time man. Bliss then nothing.

heroin addict, and not considering an OD?
fuck you lying piece of shit faggot

How fucking new are you? We've always had people come here wanting to commit suicide and we always tell them to live stream it or something.

Lol. Opening my soul? You sound like a tough guy, maybe you can do me a favor and shoot me in the head?

>OP is a heroin addict and didn't figure this out on his own

>, so I hope there is one that I can land on instead of in water

You wan't to land in the water. If you're not killed on impact, you'll drown because your body will be too broke to swim.

I don't have enough money to get enough dope to OD and my dealer won't front me. I would pawn some shit to get enough to OD if I had anything of value

>Lifetime Presents: Too Broke to Swim - Pools Closed

You got a paypa? I'll send you the money for the dope if you promise to live stream the od. I've been getting ready to do an hero myself, so I understand.

Every site seems to have a different height requires. The first result says 49 feet which I know is bullshit, but lostallhope says that 150 feet onto land or 250 onto water has a 98% chance of death. Lostallhope seems more accurate to me, they cite a couple other articles so I feel that it's more likely to be true

seriously, set up a go fund me account.
i bet $60 of heroin at one time will be enuf to have you nod off forever

No but I could set one up. I could live stream it, I don't think it would be that interesting to watch

No, I'd need closer to $200 probably. Tolerance is a bitch. If I got some Xanax and took that awhile before shooting though that would increase my odds of success by quite a bit

>I don't think it would be that interesting to watch
seeing an OP finally deliver. fuck, that is the rarest of the rarest thing on Sup Forums. so yes, you would get interest.

but remember the motto of Sup Forums:
"OP never delivers"

Dude you could get plenty enough oxi to do an hero for that

If you can show me how to tie a belt so that I can off myself with it, I'll stream that

Oxy is too damn expensive, fuckers wanting a dollar per mg. I think I'd need more 200 mg to kill myself

Loop it to make the number 6, head goes in hole, tie top around door handle. Shove nails through belt holes and stab to affix the top around your suspension point of choice.

That sucks. I can get painkillers all day long if I wanted too for less than half that. But, that is here in SC.

Easily. I was going to do it a few times but could never follow through. Just be sure to test it with all your weight first.

All you do is loop the belt like you would wearing it and tie the loose end to something stable. It's not that hard if you actually wanted to do it. I know, because I've tried.

I don't have any nails, I'm guessing that's to keep the belt attached to the knob in case I start flopping around? Anything else I can use to do that or if I have it knotted pretty good and tight should I be ok?

Just tie it tight and test it with your weight first. A bed sheet hung over a door would also work

I was originally planning on jumping, as the OP stated, but I don't want to live through it and be paralyzed. I am thinking about using the belt to hang myself, the only problem is that my roomates could come out and fuck up the plan

Probably not. Those doors aren't sturdy enough. A toilet handle should do the trick but if you survive your water bill will be absurd.

I think the handle to my sliding glass door would be better than a door knob as long as it doesn't snap off,it's higher off the ground than the door knob is and it's less likely I'll be seen since I'll be outside and it will be dark

how fucking dumb do you have to be to have to ask how to kill yourself just take a knife and slit your wrists vertically you dumb fuck

>I literally offered to pay for enough heroin for op to do an hero.
>no PayPal, no gofundme
op is a fag. Abandon thread.

You might be right, I just yanked on it a couple times and it almost came off the tracks. If I'm sitting down and leaning forward though it shouldn't be supporting my whole body weight though and I'm not very heavy

I said I would set one up and never got a response. I also have a feeling that you wouldn't really send me a dime

Do you know how often people actually die from slitting their wrists? It's not a very reliable method

what would a dead person do with money you silly goose op

Suicide by cop? A stick could look like a gun

dO yoU KNoW HoW oftEn peOplE dIE FRoM SliTtiNg tHEir wrISts/ It:S nOT a vErY ReLiablE meThOD

I thought about that, I know that cops, in my area at least, are trained to kill with the first shot if they draw their weapon. I'd rather not go to prison if they don't kill me though, any suggestions on how I'd go about accomplishing that?

We're trying to get op to set up a gofundme so we can donate money for him to buy enough heroin to od.

gofundme help-me-be-your-hero

Get a piano wire. Create a loop in one end, attach the other to something like a very sturdy tree branch. Apply a bit of lard to the wire where the loop is (just to reduce friction a little). Make sure you'll be able to drop from more than six feet above where the loop ends, and there are at least three feet below the loop. Get up on a ladder or whatever, and place the loop around your neck. Then, super glue your hands to the sides of your head. After the glue dries, jump off the ladder.

When someone finds your body, it'll look like you ripped your own head off.

Err. The feet plus your height below the loop I mean.

Too much work. I'm trying to die, not create a spectacle

OP set up the gofundme. Let's help him deliver

¿Por que no los dos?

Well I think I'm going to try using the belt and a door knob. If that fails I'll either jump, or call the police and say there's a man with a gun in the parking lot. Then I'll go to the parking lot and when the police show up I'll reach for something in my waistband, which should lead them to shoot me. Does that sound like it should work?

Please don't.

Try and change the things in life which torment you, or move away and renew yourself. Just don't end it all.

Idk how this shit works, how would I collect the money? I don't think I'll need that though, it would probably be a more pleasant way to go but its the end result that matters

Go back to facebook faggot

if you jumped onto anything but a gigantic stack of pillows from 160 feet up and landed head-first, you are going to absolutely, positively, 100% die. I guarantee it. source: am medfag.

Suicide by cop is a dumb idea. Solid chance you'll end up surviving only to end up in prison.

Nothing is 100%

Hell there was that one woman who went skydiving, chute never deployed, hit the ground face first. She shattered her face along with a lot of other bones, needed massive reconstructive surgery, but she lived.

There are always statistical outliers.

So more like 99.99999% likely to die.

Agreed. The hard part is landing right though.

I think I'll try hanging myself first. If for some reason that doesn't work, and I don't end up getting sent to a psych ward, I'll try jumping. If I do end up in a psych ward, I'll jump as soon as I get out.

The pic is the bridge I'm thinking of jumping off of

It's been a long time and never close to that high up, but I used to be pretty good at diving. I think if I just did what I usually did, but a bit slower so momentum doesn't flip me over so I land on my back, I should be able to land on my head

What would they charge me with? Making a false 911 call and like disorderly conduct or something?

you're being pedantic. if you'd like to try your luck and be part of the 1 in 100,000 (according to your trivially constructed statistic) people who don't die from such a feat, then be my guest and report back. as far as OP is concerned, it would be a non-issue.

Just for shits and giggles, call a suicide prevention lifeline first? Worst case scenario, you'll waste less time than you've spent in this thread already, and then carry on as before. Nothing to lose by calling. I'd post the number, but the site thinks it's spam.

welp, why not both? get a big-assed rope, tie one end around neck and the other around a supporting structure on the bridge. it would probably decapitate you, so i wouldn't recommend if you're concerned with the aesthetics of the result.

Yes, yes I am being pedantic. But still a technically correct pedant.

well i'm a pragmatist. so your technically being correct doesn't translate into being worth shit in the real world.

Possibly both the charges you mentioned. They could charge you with attempted suicide, which is actually a crime in many places (though not often prosecuted). There are probably others they could throw at you.

Cop assisted suicide also leaves the possibility of ending up a vegetable. That, in my opinion, would be one of the worst possible outcomes.

So the bridge I posted should be sufficient?

I knew suicide was a crime, I didn't know attempting suicide was though. I guess it makes sense. I don't think they would charge me with that though.

more than likely, yes. if you have doubts, hop on over to liveleak. many people jump off of much smaller things and are killed

Probably. Gonna suck for whoever has to clean up that mess. Could end up traumatizing anyone who witnesses it, if that concerns you.

This is maybe a better picture. If the concrete sticks out far enough I would try to land on that, or do you think it's a far enough drop on the left side that landing by the grassy area would work?

Alot of my captcha puzzles have been bridges, maybe that is a sign that I should do it that way

Do you think you yell shoot me until they shoot you? You have to assault a cop to get shot, adn they probably won't even shoot you unless you have a weapon.

So I'm going to go with...

Assault with a deadly weapon, barring your municipality's "assaulting a police officer" type charges

By the way, you can assault without ever touching someone. If you made them think you needed to be shot, you assaulted them. No two ways about it: it's a prerequisite to shooting someone for an LEO.

Forgot pic

Do please call a hotline. But failing that, have you considered an exit bag? Far less messy, and painless. Easy to make too. You just go to sleep, and don't wake up.

I think them thinking I have a gun would be enough. There have been a couple people killed by police in my area over the last 2 years. They were all black though and I'm not. I think jusy reaching into my waistband after they order me to put my hands up would be enough. There are alot of variables in that method though so I'm not going to go that route

rope around a pillar of the handrail. rope around neck. illustration not to scale, etc etc

Been getting a lot of bridges too. Ironic considering what happened in London.

I doubt the grass would matter compared to concrete at that height.

An exit bag would be a better move though. Fewer variables.

And again, call a hotline. It can't hurt, even if it doesn't help.