Whats Sup Forums think of odd future?

whats Sup Forums think of odd future?

>Frank ocean
>Tyler
>earl
These are the only redeeming members of OF and only one of them has a great album

irrelevant since like 2012

An interesting phenomena. The group's success was entirely built on hype and acting like clowns.

As with all things based on hype, it had no staying power. Maybe one or two members of the group actually had any musical ability, so they werent really known as a music collective, more of a group of young hype machines and they were treated as such.

I think Vince, Syd, and Frank realized this early on and kept their distance for this very reason. They were the real musicians (along with Tyler, but he's more of a creative than a musician), and they decided to branch off and do their own thing because they wanted to have a lasting legacy outside of rapping about rape and drugs and stupid shit that only would appeal to white high school kids.

Earl was just smart. He channeled his intelligence into making good rhymes, but his intelligence would probably have been better spent on something else. Tyler probably detests OF from what I can gather. I think he wants more than anything to be taken seriously as an artist and musician, but he will forever go down in history as the leader of ICP for white high school stoners with daddy issues.

Earl and Frank are the only people worth listening to musically. Tyler knows how to build a brand. Everyone else is trash

>Vince in OF
Why do people keep thinking this? He was NEVER in OF for ANY amount of time. He was merely featured on a few Earl tracks

>token white guy

He was there from early on. I said he kept his distance, learn to read. The only reason I even mentioned him was to point out how he separated himself from the group, retard, as did Syd and Frank. I think the main reason is that Tyler wanted to tell him what to do, but he wasn't having it and realized he could do better on his own than being Tyler's lackey. Earl was younger and more impressionable and willing to take orders, which you can hear in his debut.

Syd has probably more to do with the success of OF than anyone else, even Tyler probably, which is why she got the fuck out and started her own group.

No one is going to know who Tyler is in 6 years.

Frank might have a career if he drops the narcissism.

Vince might have a career if he does something new and interesting.

I have high hopes for Syd.

Earl is depressed as fuck and probably too holistic to do anything ever again.

Everyone else in OF is a hack, they're either spending the last of their money or are already broke and living back in their hometowns smoking weed and bumming around.

>holistic

lol, meant nihilistic.

An art collective is only worth it if they are consistently putting out art of some kind
putting T=the fact that like, only three stand out at all aside, I can't eve be sure anyone else in that picture even does anything besides say they are in odd future.

When did Mac Demarco join Odd Future

he hasn't joined officially, his race change is pending

stop pretending Frank Ocean is good because you have white guilt

>No one is going to know who Tyler is in 6 years
I think Tyler is terrible too, but this is just false. Maybe 15 years but I still doubt it. Tyler still has a voice and a huge following. He also has had a huge impact on the culture
>Frank might have a career if he drops the narcissism
Frank is overrated but he already has a career and it's definitely not going anywhere. He's one of the most respect artists out right now so your opinion is invalid
>Vince might have a career if he does something new and interesting
Everything Vince does is new and interesting. He's one of the most promising modern rappers and his debut album is a solid 8/10. You need to educate yourself
>I have high hopes for Syd
Interesting that she's your favorite but ok
>Earl is depressed as fuck and probably too holistic to do anything ever again
Holistic = not the word your looking for big boy; nihilistic, but still false. Earl is one of the only rappers out right now who is better than Vince. He's probably better than everybody in terms of emotion and mood in his bars/music. If his next project is solid, he has potential to objectively be one of the GOATs
>Everyone else in OF is a hack
Correct

You're an idiot

you seem like you were really into them

For a while. Then you realize that people don't really like them for the music, rather they enjoy the culture. A bunch of repressed, nerdy, angsty white kids in the suburbs had a lot of emotions festering inside of them and OF was a catalyst for the release. The shock value was really the entire appeal for me, the music was never really that good.

The culture was the main appeal, and once I got a little bit older I realized the culture was retarded. I was in my last year of high school and had just started smoking weed, so I was in the ideal category to jump on the bandwagon.

lol they look like a rip off of Brockhampton

I never knew Sup Forums was this much into fucking Odd Future

My favorite group back then, now I just find em trash

Tyler started to make gay music

The best from the group are
>Tyler
>Earl
>hodgy
>mellowhype

All of these members hav a distinct style and the others need to find theirs

Frank isn't a member

someone wasnt here when OF vol 2 drop...

The entire group was carried by Tyler being a good marketer and Earl being a good rapper.

>Tyler started to make better music
FTFY

Is that Mac Demarco?