After listening to Dopethrone several times during my internship, I am suddenly in love with almost any death metal...

After listening to Dopethrone several times during my internship, I am suddenly in love with almost any death metal, grindcore album I encounter. I use to hate metal and find it to be just noisy, but I had always tried to get myself into it to no avail until now.

Has Dopethrone unlocked something in me I did not know before?

Am I a reborn metal fan?

ýou just got used to down tuned guitars
congrats i guess
btw whinch death/grindcore albums do you like ?

take this

dopethrone is not death metal, nor is it grindcore.

and this

So far I've liked Gojira, Thy Art is Murder, Metalica, Slayer, Cattle Decapitation and Death. I am still exploring using Spotify playlist, which sucks cause they just jammed in new death metal releases, while some are nice the rest are meh. I also looking through RYM but their top five albums already consists of 3 Death albums which don't really help me explore a wider variety of bands.

Thx, I'll check these out

Yeah I know its stonecore/metal but its one of the heaviest album I've heard that clicked with me and open me up to other albums.

I can't see the chart the pic is too small even after enlargement.

it's essential death metal chart google it

listen to more stoner metal/doom then, user

>Oh I love metal. Doom, sludge, atmoblackgaze... the list could go on

how is doom and sludge comparable to atmogaze? go listen to manowar

Are u retarded?

I listened to this album so much that I got bored of it and any other pentatonic/blues scale based metal.
>tfw don't even want to listen to Sabbath anymore

You might like earlier Mastodon. Remission, Leviathan, and call of the Mastodon

Check out bongripper

insect warfare is the best grind band ever

Here

fuck off nu-male faggot

Same thing happened to me op, I always listened to a lot of music but never really appreciated the cohesion of well crafted albums until I started listening to this at least 5 times a week. Was never that into metal until this last year. Saw them and Sleep at a festival in Vegas last summer, face-melting to say the least.

and by 'this' I mean dopethrone

*blocks your path*

only speed is real

>Gojira, Death
mah man

Also give these a try:
Isis: Celestial, panopticon
meshuggah: Chaos sphere, Destroy erase improve, obzen

>meshuggah

try this op

I'm guessing you were into punk before. I think stoner metal is the best gateway from punk to extreme metal. That and crust punk. Still, I think I listen to metal with a punk ear, because I prefer stuff with that kind of sensibility (Behemoth, Hypocrisy, Barathrum, Godflesh, Oathbreaker, Taake, Gojira, Amebix, Sore Throat, etc.)