twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

not as good as debut
but I'd probs give it a 8.5 - 9/10

Pure Comedy is better

You meant 10/100, right?

Bad production. Too loud and muddy.

You can always turn the volume down

lmfao
The Title track itself contains more lyrical and instrumental creativity than the whole of Pure Comedy

But then I can't hear anything that's going on you dingus.

Sounds incredible with my Audio Technicas

You're loud and muddy

>Too loud

Not him but yeah might be a case of bad headphones, it sounded stellar with my akg's but it was unbearable with my earbuds

It's louder than the previous two albums. Go ahead and listen to see for yourself, I'm waiting.

No, I meant 10/10

>its louder than the last two albums
and your point with that is? Get some better listening equipment cuck

It's a little louder but if u turn it down a bit you can still pick apart the instrumentation

Guys I love FF I really do. This is a very good record but it doesnt have much staying power for me. I think its due to the lack of pleasing melodies. Pure comedy is easily the better record in my eyes. The lyrics and subtle production makes Father John Mistys third Full length LP something to behold. I didn't like Pure Comedy at first but I think if you all gave it another chance you would see what makes it so compelling. However I feel that going into this album requires you to try and see from papa johns perspective or just the perspective of an angsty white male. Eithet way its a great album it grew on me big time unlike Crack up.

>best song
Birdie

>worst song
smoochie

This album doesn't have pleasent melodies but Pure Comedy does?

My listening equipment is fine. It's the album that was recorded and mixed poorly.

objectively wrong

Seriously guys, i have good equipment, pic related are the best headphones I've ever tried

>this terrible Fleet Foxes album
>creativity
Wew

>Best folk album since ITAOTS
>Terrible
Wew lad

Good point, I shouldve said more pleasing chord progressions and less purposefully non-traditional. (no one say the 'p' word)

>terrible
>implying disliking something means its not creative
>nothing else to back up his initial statement
wew m'ladd0

You mustn't have heard On Another Ocean (January / June) then

Also lyrically it was far superior

Yes that it does have

God the second half of that track is so fucking good it's unbelievable

It's legitimately the most boring (I normally hate that criticism but it does actually make sense here), safe and least memorable album I've ever listened to.
And I've given it multiple shits, on multiple playback devices, in multiple settings.
Maybe I'll return to it in a few years and wonder what in the world I was thinking. But, as of right now, I fucking hate this thing.

>multiple shits
meant to write "listens" instead of "shits"

How can you think that I Am All That I Need / Arroyo Seco / Thumbprint Scar is in any way boring?

personally I think Fools Errand is pretty bland but the rest of the album is nearly perfection

A maj
G maj

( sexiest chord progression ever, other than G---D-----------C )

No idea what you're talking about I only play drums

Got-too-bored-to-finish-two-tracks-in/10

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attention_deficit_hyperactivity_disorder

Well meme'd. Sometimes an album IS just boring, though. Half of my favorite albums this year are drone and ambient, but it's possible to find an album boring without the ADHD meme.

Yeah the chorus on Fool's Errand is pretty bad, I like the groove on the verse thoug

this is curable with mr bungle

Seems a bit like shitty criticism, I would understand if it was a different record, but with all the progression that there is in the tracks it's a little odd I think, what didn't you like about it exactly?

Ween is better faggot

I'm not saying it's great criticism, and I won't pretend I'm good at perfectly articulating my thoughts on a given album, I'm just summing it up as simply as I can.

Again, I only have heard the first two songs, which I thought sounded really same-y vocally and instrumentally. And I have a big backcataloge for this year so I moved on after that. But then again, I keep seeing people say that the second half is GOAT so maybe I should give it another listen.

This guy is right. Though Bungle is also great.

Same guy, yeah definitly check the rest of the album out.

Not my favourite album of the year, but undoubtedly the best.

What's your favorite?

I really wish people who don't know shit about mixing wouldn't open their mouths. Yes the vocals are a bit quiet, compared to other records. However, I can still hear the vocals and every instrument easily. I can make out all the lyrics easily. I don't know what issue you could have with the mix.

"no"

Serious question.

Fleet Foxes are coming to Merriweather Post Pavilion being led by Animal Collective.

That's only like 45 minutes from my house.
Worth going?

Richard Dawson Peasant of course

the sexiest is Em B7 Em B7

This Old Dog, hits me right in the feels.

Isn't "best" just as subjective as "favorite"? I see people say this here all the time and feel like a person's favorite is always the album they think is the best, but then I guess I don't know my music theory so maybe there's some objective measure I don't know enough about (that being said, on an off-topic note, I want to read about music theory so if anyone has an e-book mega link, feel free to link it).

Easy mistake.

Exactly, you can say an album is objectively good, but you're still judging it by your own standarts

holy shit yes!

yes?

listened to it twice and was bored each time

Why would you even ask this question on this thread? You have to know that everyone including me will say fuck yes.

Nah man you're pretty much right everything is subjective in one way or another.

Trying to put it into words, I think Crack Up is an incredible piece of art, but it takes effort to listen to. I can't listen to it as easily as I can other things that have come out this year, however I can still appreciate the complexity and beauty it has.

Anyway i'm pretty high atm so prob ignore me :').

Thats a great moment on the album but thats the issue. The album is good for its 'moments' not its consistency. Pure comedy has its 'moments' too but in my eyes(ears) is a more consistent listen.

I dunno I see FF get shit on a lot of Sup Forums

If a piece of entertainment isn't good enough to entertain you why should it be objectively good? That's literally all it's supposed to do and it failed. I love crack-up but I don't think it's a "tough listen", if it's a "tough listen" I don't like it.
Anyway I'm high on meth right now so don't take me too seriously

>I don't know my music theory so maybe there's some objective measure I don't know enough about (that being said, on an off-topic note, I want to read about music theory so if anyone has an e-book mega link, feel free to link it).

I studied plenty of theory in college. I love it and I think it's super interesting. It does not however give you any metrics to objectively evaluate music.

Sure it will let you understand exactly what Chopin was trying to do in a piece and why he made those decisions. However, the complexity or originality of something that can be expressed in terms of music theory, things like harmony, rhythm or melodic development does not make music objectively good or bad. There is a ton of shitty music that explores many of those things to the nth degree, but is still terrible. And there is also music that is so simple and basic, but that's what makes it great. A powerful melody is powerful even if it is simple.

You don't knock a powerful performance of a singer with just a guitar because it's simple or the harmony is consists of only a few chords, because that would be missing the point. Instead what makes it great is the intense sense of beauty it makes you feel.

Go see them, don't worry about Sup Forums they just hate is 'cause reddit likes it (even though half of mu-core is reddit af)

I'll be honest I haven't listened to a ton of FF only their self titled album and thought it was pretty mediocre.

I'll try listening to this one and hope I enjoy it but I still think they're worth seeing just for AC even though I'm not a huge AC fan

Eh, you're missing the point of what I said. It entertains me when I give it most of my attention. It's like reading a book vs watching some trashy TV show about a pawn shop.

Also meth funny ha hha good one.

in that case I wouldn't go if it was too expensive but I'm a poor fag

Please don't roast my attempts at being funny I am very insecure

Good vibes man, burn those rocks like the stars in the night sky.

what's meth like? not planning to use it ever but interested

Go play drums, Josh