Well Sup Forums?

Well Sup Forums?

its so dense

>spacecraft battling like 17th century frigates

Yes

>More shit on the screen means it better r-r-ight guys?

>more shit on screen means it's better r-r-right guys?

One is the climactic Star Wars Version of the battle of Midway, and the other was a covert mission and precision strike,

>covert mission
>defending force has like 5 ships
>no bombers or interceptors, just fighters and X Wings
The covert mission in ANH had a much larger force on both ends, AND a bigger variety of ships to boot.

ANH wasn't even covert, they were throwing everything they had at an everything to lose battle.

The difference is that that is a clean, coherent shot. There's a lot of individual people on the screen, but there's only a handful of elements (army, Theoden, sunrise). That shot tells a simple story concisely. I could tell you what's going on there without having ever seen the movie. On the other hand, I have no fucking idea what's going on in that Episode III shot, it's an incoherent mess. And I actually did like that scene too, but not because it was well-composed.

>one is a battle over the capital of the galaxy where both sides brought their fleets built by a galactic war economy to fight over the head of government

>the other is a desperate attack by an ill equipped resistance using outdated ships they could scrounge and that is not officially recognized by the now destroyed government, taking on the shell of the former galactic empire that dumped all their resources into building a weapon that could destroy the galactic government, and succeeded, which is something that even the original Death Stars couldn't do

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i became a meme!!!!!!!!!!

That's because in that shot they're not actually fighting. There are plenty of chaotic shots in RotK you tard. Battles aren't perfectly organized when the combat is happening. In the fray you have absolute chaos. See just about any fucking war film ever.

TFA had much better action scenes despite having "less" stuff going on, because JJ is an actual director and not some autistic manchild who just wanted to do "cool" things with his computer

The battle outside Maz's castle is pretty small in scale but it's memorable as fuck regardless. I hardly remember the opening battle of Revenge of the Sith because it's just a bunch of random shit thrown in the frame

>> JJ not an autistic manchild

Kek

He's kind of a wimpy beta but he understands filmmaking better than George ever did

>spaceship
>handles like a jet and not like a ship

JJ, get off Sup Forums.

Episode III opening is the best scene in the entire series. Why?

Because it's actually about STAR WARS, you know, actual space battle.

Now if you remove all nostalgia glasses, and realize that every film has its own flaws, E3 still stands out as one of the most visually pleasing and even has some politics in it. Guess what, some people prefer politics over stone throwing ewoks.

I never got people's dislike for the politics. I personally found it to be one of the most interesting aspects of the Prequels. People love GoT, and it's full of politics. Fuck RLM for turning the prequel hate into a meme. The films had bad dialogue and poor pacing, but there were many redeeming qualities to them. The politics being one of them

I just don't know why Lucas had to sabotage that whole opening space battle with pointless humor and silly shit like the droid star fighters talking like children or the buzz droids or the roger Rogers. It should have been a far better looking and far more intense battle than the battle of sensor but it isn't. The whole movie is just a lot of squandered potential.

>using black ships and suits in space

>THE PREQUELS WUS TOO DENSE
>so lets have films with literally no set piece battles

into the trash it goes, couple of mid sized fleets going at each other is best, the battles in the 3rd were the best

Watch the end of RotJ and the start of Ep. III back to back, the difference is shocking.

If you think Ep 3's space battle is better than ROTJ's, you might be a prequel kiddie that got out of their Sup Forums playpen

ROTJ is nowhere on that pic dude.

This battle was my favorite part of the prequels and I didn't even remember their was a space battle in Force awakens until I saw this thread.
>I Han and friends were infiltrating the building on the base while the ships waited

>I never got people's dislike for the politics
Because nobody expected politics in Star Wars and I feel like they were poorly handed, specially in Episode 1.

>nobody expected politics in a space opera
Then what the fuck were they expecting? I'm guessing you've never read Dune.

Fucking millenials and their "the prequels had some redeeming quality!"

The only good thing about the prequels is the music. Not even that shitty EPIII space battle was good.

Millenial fuckin shits.

We did not really have a character that we could relate to that would walk us through the political process or follow a character involved in the intrigue which is what makes politics interesting.
>A local monarch can depose an appointed chancellor of a space government
>A trade federation has its own senate seat and vote
The political system has to have some sense to it to be enjoyed.They handled it well enough in episode 3

And everything they had were like 20 ships in total. At least until the special editions came out and they added like 50 ships to the fleet

>Implying the kind of people who see Star Wars read Dune
Nigga Star Wars is know for lightsabers, spaceships and ewoks, not for politics.The original trilogy didn't have any.
Nobody expects to see Dune when watching Star Wars because it isn't supossed to be some complex political drama.

Star destroyer has more fighters than a planet.

It's so dense

You must be younger than 20

>grandiosity is bad

>empty headed clones fighting droids

Millenials are the idiots who shill The Rehash Awakens. Anyone who saw the OT first saw that as an abomination. Also, most fans of the OT liked Episode III. It's only the Millenial hipsters who started to shit on it after RLM and Reddit thought it was cool to hate on the prequels. Ergo, the same idiots who ate up and demanded a soulless film like TFA.

The prequels are more soulless than TFA. Almost every story beat in the prequels is inspired by the outside marketing of the franchise, like making Vader space Jesus

And if you say "hurr durr the prequels were original" I'm going to punch you in the dick

Good for stealth.

>Anyone who saw the OT first saw that as an abomination

I saw the OT first, you're wrong, TFA was great

The prequels were soulless garbage

um no, the prequels all have a completely fleshed out story line unique to Star Wars that George Lucas actually put some effort in writing, I know it wasn't perfect but it wasn't terrible either.

TFA was a blatant cashgrab that tried to mash episodes 4 and 6 together with lightning pacing into one film with a script probably thrown together in a few weeks hastily and brings nothing interesting to the franchise.

>script probably thrown together in a few weeks hastily and brings nothing interesting to the franchise.

The irony is that the prequel scripts were all written in a few weeks. Lucas hadn't even finished the attack of the clones script until a few weeks into shooting

GoT handles its politics a thousand times better.

because launching giant projectiles at 0.1c to obliterate entire planets would be so interesting right?

>ill equipped resistance
>resistance
Why they are still exists again?

>its an "rlm invented hating the prequels" Sup Forums post

you can try to downplay it all you want, but in the end the scripts speak for themselves, and they don't have rehashed Deathstars back to back like the new films will have

What the hell happened?

>Prequel haters think Episode 7 looks better

At least I wasn't the only one who was super pissed with the Episode 7 spaceships. So fake

Also all the star destroyers were CGI and not models at all

Let's disregard that the trade federation ship is functionally the exact same setpiece and episodes 2 and 3 feature prototype death stars for no reason

The falcon was only cgi in that one scene because it would have been a hassle to drag the built one out to the middle of the desert

underrated post