Hey Sup Forumsros

Hey Sup Forumsros

My dad just bought a brand new $5000 alienware laptop. He hasn't installed anything other than steam, a couple games, chrome, and the software that it came with. So can anyone explain to me why it's runnung 50 times slower than his desktop that he bought 3 years ago for half the price? Much appreciated.

Because it is actually Falienware. Its' all over priced crap.

el trole faec

I agree I'd have told him to upgrade the desktop but he didn't ask my opinion

how did you test it? benchmarking and all that?
also post specs, nigger

Just laugh user, at least its not your money wasted.

Irritated with the computer so i forgot.

Model: Alienware 17 R4
16 GB RAM
Intel i7-7820HK
64-bit processing
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I don't do hardware so if there's anything else you need let me know I'll find it

True but i still have some shred of humanity left

Purge bloatware?

>64-bit processing
oh my

So it says

If bloatware is making his 5k alienware laptop slow down I'd personally just send it back. Dad prolly has software on it to watch them fasturbating.

that's not bad tbh
not worthy 5k, but it shouldn't be slow anyways

good thing is, it's gonna last quite a while tho
unless you break it or something

>alienware
I found ur problem user

We're considering sending it back, but we'd of course prefer it work.

is it running the games using the integrated graphics card instead of the gaming one?

Normal processes are more of the problem

Try benchmarking with power cord plugged into machine. If that dosent fix it. Check for any types of viruses and anything that could by trying to zombie the computer. If that dosent yield a result format and fresh install windows if that dosent do it send it back to alienware say
>it's a lemon
>it makes weird click noise
> it won't play video games
>so on so fourth.
>make complaint that it's bad service
>recive perfect device in mail couple weeks later
>??????
>profit

Just return it, build your own PC, and use the left over money to buy a car or something.

Yeah laptops should just be basic, desktops are where to drop serious coin. And fuck dell all together. I'm a retard when it comes to PC but I like HP laptops. There may be better stuff then HP if so,
>suggestions?

lol HP are one of the worst for laptops.

I never have a problem with mine. And plus I said its a great basic laptop. And if your gonna tepky to me at least show me some better ones like I asked bro.

>And fuck dell all together
>doesn't respect glorious i5 8gb ram optiplex
>on my Sup Forums
leave

>le look at my finger-alien-box
>le i am le dumb
>le i am le troooool

Regardless fuck dell. Mine broke right outta the box and they never replaced it. 1,100 down the shitter.

Literally anyone but HP in terms of the major manufacturers. I'd only ever use HP again if it was given to me for free and only if I couldn't sell it to get something else.

Make sure the CPU fan is in the correct spot and working. I know running hot can slow a PC down

meme overload

He got ripped off. That's what I have, and I payed 1300 for it.
>nice trips though

My Dell inspiron 15 with 4gb ram would shit all over your life

It finally happened. A meme that originated on facebook got posted onto Sup Forums unironically.

Must be nice........ I want one so fucking bad, but i'm a poorfag. I want that new Alienware 17 R4. But... I just cannot afford it.

Take out a high interest loan from the bank

return it and get something under $175 from Craigslist. then drop some money on high quality pc parts as laptops are generally unavailable for consumers to customise

just build your own fucking desktop with equivalent or better performance for less
and you can always upgrade in the future

Or he could take it up the butt 7 times. Either way

Can confirm. I have a brand new HP and it runs like a Windows 3.1 56K dial up hunk of garbage. Fuck HP. I hate this thing... but I can't afford anything better. :(

Download more ram

its alienware

Probably needs to update.

now that you said it
it's kinda amazing how nobody told him to delete system 32 yet
Sup Forums has changed

I have shit credit due to medical bills. I tried leasing the thing online and they instantly declined me. I can afford the payments, they just won't lease it to me. I WISH I could get a loan, but that's out due to the bad credit.
I would if I knew HOW to build computers. I'm not a tech guy.

Because its the same setup as the MSI laptops,

Get a new windows install, fresh off a disk, and it'll be great.

Though in general windows is pretty much garbage.

This.
Alienware is owned by Dell which is a shitty computer company. MSI is better for gaming laptops and prebuilts but I still don't condone getting any of the sort. Build your own. Preferably get your parts from MSI because I have had a really good gaming experience with them.

You're a cunt if you can't build a computer. It's so easy!

WHAT THE FUCK DUDE?!?!?!
YOU HAVE
THE WHOLE FUCKING WORLD OF INFORMATION
RIGHT ON YOU FUCKING FACE
USE
THE INTERNET
JUST GOOGLE SHIT AND WATCH YOUTUBE VIDS FOR LIKE A WEEK AND YOU'LL LEARN ENOUGH
stop making excuses, faggot
you'll only need like a motherboard, a cpu, couple memory cards, a graphics card and a power supply
you're not building a fucking airplane, it's really easy to get the needed info to buy a quality pc for a fair price

I absolutely hate HP laptops.

Friend brought me one to fix. Power socket was loose. Figured the solder was loose so I'd solder it back on.
Most retarded construction design known to man, unable to resolder the connector since it was due to a loose plastic piece. Had to tape it back to temp fix it.

Another friend, another HP laptop.
Front cover kept bowing up, sounded like something was breaking.
Opened it up, turned out to be a weak hinge mount.
Checked online, super common problem, HP never acknowledged issue to had a recall. Unable to repair since the hinge was mounted to plastic, and opening the lid put too much torque on hinge mount.

I'll take a Dell laptop any day. Every Dell I've had to repair has been an easy job.

>Can't say RAM
>Doesn't know cases come preloaded with a Power Supply
Seriously? Stop giving tutorials. Now.

Make sure it doesn't have 2 Antiviruses. If it came with McAfee or Norton or something and he installed another it would be slowing it down real bad. It could also have shipped with a bad HDD. Slow is a very broad description and even the best IT guys have a hard time narrowing down slow. So when is it slow? If online, it could be connection. If not, see the above points again.

Easy is for pussies.
Don't like the taste of IPA either?
GTFO. Again. The easy route is for pussies.

>Doesn't know most cases don't come preloaded with a PSU and the ones that do are either shit off-brand or low wattage and only good for basic home office use.

>nitpicking this much
frick off you fricking frick

>Uninstall McAfee/Norton
>Delete Alienware Bloatware
I work at a computer store. People bring in cheapy Asus's and Acers

check 'em nigger
also 16 GB? terrible

Is your dad running Google Ultron OP?

>Alienware

Ah yes, the absolute joke of the gaming PC world. If this is real and OP isn't just being a faggot, your dad just made one of the dumbest buys of his life.

>customized shit-tier graphics for M series cards that deprecate so fast it'll make your head spin
>ZOMG LEDS TAKE MONEY PLZ
>(((customization))) options like overclocking (lel) and setting up automatic updates
>ugly ass chassis

I could go on, easily the worst laptops I've ever had to work with when I was a bench tech. Their sole use is as a punishment suppository for someone you hate.

is it a HDD or SSD?

You're right. I should have created a new hinge mount by crafting a mold, then melting stronger plastic..no wait, creating stronger plastic to use to forge the new mounts.

Sounds like you buy shitty cases.
Oh by the way, A 300 - 400 Watt Power Supply is enough to power that shit. Try and prove me wrong fag
>Protip: You can't

MSI laptops are actually surprisingly well done, I normally stay the fuck away from "gaming" laptops since they tend to suck, but I got myself one of their Leopard series (GTX 970M, 16GB DDR3, i7 4200U), and it's actually held up well. Gets hotter than hell when the iGPU fires up but other than that it's pretty good, got it for a damn decent price too.

Does it have a HDD or SSD? Because if it has a HDD, then I'd recommend swapping it out for a SSD and cloning the image onto it.

>400 watt PSU on any system sustaining a 1080

Another MSI satisfied customer! Building a low budget gaming PC with scrap shit laying around at my work place (Case, Power Supply, DVD Drive, etc) All I need is a B250M MSI Motherboard, A Core i5, and an MSI GTX 1050 w/ 8GBs of RAM.

Did you even try sending it to HP?

Not that OP, but:
Powerful video cards require a higher wattage power supply. If a lower wattage supply is used, you could get by with playing games at low quality, but if you bump it up or the video card is overworked (with not havign enough power) you'll see lockups and errors while playing.

I've seen it firsthand.

>True about that 1080 life
>Could use an MSI GTX 1050 to play games
>GTX 1050 relies on PCI slot

Normally insults piss me off, but you guys called me on my bullshit. I am a cunt and an excuse making faggot (not sexually speaking)

But all my life i've made excuses. It's a nasty habit to break. I never challenge myself. I always take the easy road. It's a big problem for me. It goes FAR beyond just building a computer....but i'm not gonna get into all that.

On a side note. I just want a computer that will play World of Warcraft flawlessly. I want 60 fps at all times, I wanna be able to finally play on ULTRA graphics the way the game is meant to be played and NOT have to worry about lag. The problem for me is? I really am NOT a tech guy so yeah, I would have to learn online how to build a computer because I have no fucking idea how that shit is done. I just want something nice, doesn't have to be over the top, but I would like a quality PC for a fucking change.

Well you've just proven you know sweet fuck all. gtfo.

They wanted too much for the repair. It was a month past warranty.

We don't use graphics cards for our primary computers. We use built in processor graphics because our customers aren't usually gamers.

This is the guy calling you a cunt here.
I feel you. I make excuses and shit too.
Don't worry. I feels you.

I'll look into that tanks!

Go on..

Have you tried testing read/write to HDD or SSD and RAM OP? Also, benchmarking the CPU and GPU?
It's not uncommon for things to be DOA. Especially drives, and RAM. Just my experience.

Also, I ALWAYS go AMD. Many people argue against me on it (and truthfully it's really all just opinion, and experience), but I've had multiple intel cpus and many many many nvidia cards wind up fucked after short periods.

The cost saving you get for performance through AMD is worth it in my opinion, considering most people never take advantage of what you could do with intel hardware anyways.

Yeah honestly we stopped selling HP because they are cunts.
Major cunts.
Won't sell us Ink Cartridges for printers. That's how cunty they are. But their Probooks and Elite Books are fucking awesome

who the fuck is dolph lundgren?

Whats the wattage on the PSU? its usually one of the most overlooked parts of a PC. ~500 up is recommended.

Also laptops really overheat, especially ones with high performance. Its so bad that if not monitored it can kill a laptops life expectancy to barely a year.

I have an older m14x-r2 that works great. What problems do you have with them?

Ivan Drago
"if he dies, he dies"
How young are you ?

to be fair, only americans care about rocky

Not true. A buddy of mine lives in Belgium and he loves all of them, even the new ones

>this angers me
>I hate this movie series but at least I know what they are

Sup Forums needs YOU
Help Defeat the void
>Cords: 0,0

That's as dumb as saying only the Uk cares about Dr. Who. Or saying only Hollywood cares about star wars go back to Sup Forums

ECKSDEE

Let the void win. And fuck whoever came up with this shit

Works fine on my machine :^)
Talked the dell rep down to $999 from the $1600 or whatever it was supposed to be

I'm American. I've never seen any of them all the way through.

Or like saying only the japanese care about tentacles raping shemales

Thanks for being cool man. I appreciate it.

I'm 28, no idea who that is

Both

Speccy confused about my cpu :^)

a below average pc can do that man
>any newer i3 or i5 (or the legendary ryzen - either 3 or 5 aswell)
>4~8 gb ram
>a gtx 750 or any good radeon
>400 power supply
and you're golden for wow

>Implying Bill Nye knows anything. He's a libtard faggot that is not qualified to give the advice he does. I'd punch him right in the fucking face if ever given the chance to do so. Jail time would be worth it.

O-oh....

What does that mean 64 bit processing?

some next level shit I bet