Queens of the Stone Age: Villains

What does Sup Forums think the next album will bring in August? Did you like the track they recently released?
Also general QotSA discussion thread

Other urls found in this thread:

open.spotify.com/album/6HiS1OC87eIa2QJifFSrRi
youtu.be/i4pRhVb6ntY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pop rock

Guess its time they finally release a stinker.

Not really feeling the new single. Feet don't fail me sounds somewhat better but i'm not getting my hopes up.

Wait, did Feet Don't Fail Me already come out?

It's fucking awful

irritating guitar riff over and over

I'm more bummed out they are releasing it late August cause it could be a great summer album.

The single felt underwhelming. Hope it's just an attention grabbing single.

their singles are often the worst songs on the records, so i'll keep my hopes up for now.

hail homme

the teaser in the video sounded good desu

no, I was referring to the snippet we got from the teaser on the website.

Personally, while it's by no means the best or even a great song, I felt like it wasn't bad
Honestly I think it's pretty catchy all things considered

Will it top this?

will MF DOOM have a feature?

not likely

that's not a bad thing

Surprisingly Like Clockwork was really good, even though it came out so long after their debut
Usually with bands the further on in their career, the worse it gets, but this was kind of refreshing after Era Vulgaris

It really was. And all it took was Homme literally dying and coming back to life to accomplish that. I'm hoping this new album rides off that second wind.

Yeah I don't mind them going for something different. It's just that it's not my style and I won't probably love the album.

Era Vulgaris isn't a bad record

That's kind of how I feel too
Queens of the Stone Age is no stranger from deviating from the norm, so even though The Way You Used To Do is by no means a shining beacon of greatness, I feel somewhat confident that this new album will give us some good tracks, or at the very least, something catchy

Oh no, not to say it was by any means, but a good portion of the songs didn't really hit me as much as with some previous stuff or what came after

I'm literally not hanging myself because I'm just too curious to find out how the album sound.

Yeah that's pretty much what I meant.
If it has their signature style with a pop rock twist it will still have some listening value fans of their older work.

for* fans

>august
FUCK

Wasn't I sat by the ocean a single??

Was it?

might've been. it's a great song, but not among the best on the record. i love queens so even their worst songs are pretty fucking great for me

honestly the new single is good can't wait to hear more

It was

Guys, sick sick sick was the first single for era vulgaris and that album turned out great

Everybody complains about the new single but with a different guitar tone it could fit PERFECTLY on songs for the deaf and no one would even say "Oh that's the worst song"

>but with a different guitar tone
that's my only problem with it. The production sounds fucking awful. The song itself is ok

actually good rock is pretty far and few between

lmao

hipster nu-stoner wannabe butt rock

doo doo desert-sounding ear-pounding butt cuck pop rock

gramps deaf ass rock revival music

someone should make a meme-genre generator

The single is okay but that outro

open.spotify.com/album/6HiS1OC87eIa2QJifFSrRi

Go ahead and listen to the last 15 seconds. I have faith

it literally sounds like neo-swing. he even talks about COUNT BASIE in this interview.
youtu.be/i4pRhVb6ntY

josh has lost touch.

yeah but sick sick sick is a tune this one sounds awful

honestly as someone who thinks anything josh touches is perfect and havent really got any songs i dislike or hate by QOTSA i can honestly say this single fucking sucks

whats your point? its not a different guitar tone thats why its a pile of shit

The new single is absolute trash. But what do you expect when you hire a producer purely to try and get a top 40 hit.

Sad that they’re reduced to this but happens to most bands eventually.