Blade Runner 2

>Harrison Ford
>Ryan Gosling
>Jared Leto

This is going to be a true epic

>epic

>>>/reddit/ is that way

I'll watch it for the goose tbqh

Do you think they will all be working together or will Jared be a villain?

Ryan Gosling will be an aspiring Blade Runner, Harrison Ford will be le ebin mentor figure, Jared Leto will be the lead replicant.

I want a bright colorful fast paced city chase

It won't be as good as he original.

Part of the reason Blade Runner was so good was due to the fact that it was based off of PKD novel.

Just have Ryan Gosling play the Driver as a Blade Runner. Fucking perfection.

>mfw the first scene is Gosling walking like a boss down a toxic city street

>This movie and Drive are set in the same universe

Would be cool

Genuinely only interested because of him desu
he pulls off shit like that quite well.

>Movie opens at the death of Ratchel shortly after the events of Blade Runner.

I'd watch it if Gaff comes back.

>Jared Leto will be the lead replicant.
just as long as they don't make him some CGI robot or some shit.

I wanna see his face

What's this one going to be based off?

Bladerunner 2 should have happened in the early 00's.

>Roy Batty comes back to life
>out for vengeance against the man who took it all away from him
>big fight on rooftop again

>Wake me up inside

>Deckard thrown off roof yet hangs on

>Save me

You're also forgetting Mackenzie Davis and Anna de Armas.

A lack of originality and soullessness.

money

>Sean Young was started talking mad shit about a sequel
>then she finds out that Ridley Scott and Harrison Ford were back so she has to go into full damage control mode

Bitch is crazy.

*was talking

fuck, I'm dumb

Didn't Harrison Ford beat the shit out of the actress who played the replicant love interest in the original? kek

Can't wait for someone to ask Gosling what he does and he responds "I blade run."

Ridley Scott said Ford is only going to be in the third act.

>Harrison Ford will be le ebin mentor figure
I doubt it.
I figured the plot will be Gosling in Deckard's role from the first film (washed up, retired Blade Runner) who gets called in to "retire" a prototype replicant without a lifespan. That replicant being Deckard, tying together the theatrical and Final Cut/Director's Cut endings of the first movie. Leto will probably be an actual bloodthirsty replicant.
I just wonder if they'll bring back Edward James Olmos as Gaff.

Wow thanks Ridley why don't you just let me know that Ryan gosling was actually le replicant all along too :D:D:D

I just realized metal gear stole its font from blade runner

kek
I have no idea why you would say that when the original barely made back its production budget and releasing a noir science fiction movie today wouldn't exactly be a sure fire hit at the BO.

Because since then it has gathered a cult following and the kikes won't let the opportunity slide specially when the theme of the story is rather related to the shit they are trying to shill.

Not to mention:

>Gossling
>Ford
>Leto

Its gona make bank nigga

Do you think there will be much driving in this movie?

Would genuinely really love if they could get a retro 80s soundtrack in there though, hopefully it maintains that feel in general

This

The original has a strong cult following and practically founded modern cyberpunk. It is far, far easier to market for a film with that kind of backing and expand it from there than a new, actually innovative IP.

After the bomb of Independence Day Resurgence: I doubt this film will do well at the box office, I hope it does but people nowadays don't seem that interested in old sequels

Sequels to cult movies don't really ever do that well at the box office, there are exceptions.
And The Goose and Leto aren't bankable stars on their own, they aren't the main draw for movies that they've lead/co-lead.

robin wright is based. she'll do great.

Forever loved Kojima, he's worn many of his influences and inspirations on his sleeve, but fuck if stuff like this never gets old. You can dissolve so much of his body of work into iconic or noted cultural touchpoints, quite easily. It's a fun patchwork game.

However, I'm hoping Death Stranding really shows us something else entirely.

Very little to do with the novel though. Four-year lifespan is a throwaway line towards the end that no-one cares about.

What makes Blade Runner so good is the script. This will be a shitty reboot.

>prepare for quips

Gosling is a great choice.

Leto a terrible one.

>This will be a shitty reboot.
Do you even know what that term means?

I get what you're saying but I'm not sure if it's accurate. Just look at the list of remakes in the works right now. I mean technically Rocky Horror Picture Show only has a "cult following" but it's getting remade, Lost Boys has a "cult following" but it's becoming a television show.

Compared to those BR2 is easily marketable and will likely make money. You got Ridley, dead Han Solo, the Goose and Leto in a sequel to an iconic movie. Just put that shit on a cereal box and kids will like up with "OMG I ALWAYS LOVED BLADE RUNNER" sentiments...despite having never seen it.

Would be neat if they made Ford a replicant

Spoilers asshole

Well there is apparently 3 shitty sequels that were written in the 90s.

>Blade Runner 2: The Edge of Human
>Blade Runner 3: Replicant Night
>Blade Runner 4: Eye and Talon

Releases in October, 2017

I'am so hyped for posters and the first trailer

>How many noodles?
>JUST GIVE ME ALL THE DAMN NOODLES

>no refn directing
will be shit

>no goose directing
confirmed trash

THE ONLY REAL QUESTION HERE IS WILL THE UNICORN REPRISE IT'S ROLE!?!?!?!?!?!

Fucking horse washing in Hollywood not casting proper unicorns.

That would be a cool plot twist and the reason why he is only in the 3rd act as is stated here

It isn't easily marketable though. It's going to be such a niche genre movie.
Even if it ends up being the greatest sequel of all time, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't make its money back.
A sequel to Blade Runner just isn't what I picture when people post images of money grabbing Jews looking for a property that is a sure fire hit to get a big return on.

Do replicants age though? Or will they just use some circular logic like they did with the shitty Terminator sequels?

it would be more of a twist at this point if he was human

Seriously though if Refn could direct this shit it'd be stellar. Stylistically on point and Gosling would be without a doubt utilized perfectly

The PKD estate did authorize three sequal novels which weren't that bad, and it should be noted that the film barely used a quarter of the material in the source novel.

My prediction is that Deckard will be confirmed to have been a Replicant (as if that weren't obvious) and that he and Rachel had a baby.

im pretty much indifferent to the whole gosling meme

but you have to admit, he's a pretty handsome man.

scotts a hack now so who cares

>trailer comes out
>Ford, Gosling and Leto all play overweight black trannies
>movie is turned into an unfunny, low effort comedy focused around vagina and tranny jokes
>original gets completely shit on

this m8

>Do replicants age though? Or will they just use some circular logic like they did with the shitty Terminator sequels?
My take is if Ford is a replicant: they have it that Ford lived to old age and died and then someone used Ford's older skin as a replicant model.

There you go

As a straight man I don't think he's that handsome tbqh, not ugly either mind you, but what he does look like is a really good somewhat autist friend you could have a slightly homosexual but still platonic relationship with.

>My prediction is that Deckard will be confirmed to have been a Replicant (as if that weren't obvious) and that he and Rachel had a baby.
>Deckard will be confirmed to have been a Replicant
>and that he and Rachel had a baby.
... What?
Replicants aren't androids, dude. They're like fucking Terminators. Robots with muscle and skin. They don't have reproductive organs.

With Ridley Scott on board my only genuine concern is that he is able to keep the cyberpunk feel to it.

I would totally trust him if he has not done Prometeus.

I already feel bored imagining the crazy city scapes being cg instead of practical sets.

is it actually a sequel?
I'd honestly prefer a shitty sequel to a shitty reboot.

>Blade Runner 2

Very high on the list of "Films No one asked for". Hope it bombs so Hollywood tries something original.

It's all going to be tinted blue and you know it

>do androids dream of electric sheep
>androids
>aren't

And then, they say, user went full retard.

really wish mel gibson was casted for the movie

based Mel needs to be in every movie

At first it seems he'd be a nice fit for a psycho skinjob like Roy, but I'd actually see him as a slightly crazy Tyrell type figure; a scientist who surrounds himself in Reps, shit tons of him, making them over and over whilst trying to find a way to give them a longer lifespan than 4 years.

That is if the lifespan is a direct result of how replicants are made and not a kill-switch...I forget.

except he is using epic as a noun you fucking retard

>Not mentioning Denis Villanvue

Is the 80's neon the new film noir aesthetic?

More like ShitRunner 2