I don't tip. Ever! Why should I? Does Sup Forums tip? If so, why?

I don't tip. Ever! Why should I? Does Sup Forums tip? If so, why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V4sbYy0WdGQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No

i do cuz im a waiter lol

I don't because poor and because I don't

This looks so weird seen by an Italian.
Why this job in your countries is based on tips? There is no proper salary?
Why don't tip also every other job, so?
What if I am a postman? I want my tips too

I do bc I do in the hope that these bitches suck my dick one day. Male and ugly ones I don't tip

it depends. in germany, first of all people dont have to live off of tips, its a nice bonus to have. i used to work at a pizza delivery and i valued it alot of someone just gave you one more euro or rounded up + one euro or something like that, its just something nice to do.
if the service is good in a restaurant/delivery service ill most likely round up + two euros. if its shit idgaf anyway

I tip because
1. The reality is that servers do not get paid very much.
2. I can afford it.
3. When a server does a good job, is pleasant, friendly, accurate and efficient, I think it's good to reward that behavior.
4. At most of the places I eat, the servers are single mothers and I know they need the money.
5. If you are a good tipper and go to the same places enough to be remembered, you will get the occasional perk that offsets the cost of the tip (get a double if you only order one shot, bigger portions, free dessert, whatever). Sometimes I've gotten enough "extra" food I can take it home for another two meals.

Not telling anyone else what to do, just answering the OP's question.

I work harder than waiters/waitresses.. I don't get tipped. I get paid by the cunt I work for.

I leave an average tip for average service, a good tip for good service, and no tip for bad service.

I don't tip because I don't live in a 3rd world country where workers need to beg money to pay for a bad health insurance.

>Why this job in your countries is based on tips? There is no proper salary?
They get literally minimum wage salary and basically live off tips. Maximum cuckpitalism.

>Why don't tip also every other job, so?
It'd be hilarious if a cop arrested you and then politely waited for you to tip him.
>*khm khm*
>Did you like how I warned you about banging your head on the car, sir?
>Did I read you your rights too fast, sir?
Actually they take bribes, so that's even worse form of compensation for shit salary.

So how do you know if they have spitted in ur food, but when the waiter still friendly smile in front of u?

I do, because servers remember you and fuck with your food.

I do, you must be a nigger. They don't tip.

RRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I don't, unless they make it blatantly obvious.

But the waiter doesn't know how much I've tipped until after they've already brought the meal, so unless they're just spitting in everyone's food, my tip won't affect the service I receive.

No, because I'm not an Americunt and my country doesn't get away with paying fuck all for select jobs with the expectation that customers with bleeding hearts will make up for it.

Americans BTFO again!

This. If you're to poor to tip why are you going to a bar or eating out?

The purpose of tipping is to offset the fact that in the US, servers are not paid a living wage. That is the current state of affairs and the reason that the cultural norm of tipping exists. You not tipping is you not participating in our current social contract.

If you want this to change - it is controlled at the state level. Write your governor and your congressman. Don't short someone what is essentially their paycheck because you have a problem with a policy they did not create.

If you don't like this system, change it. Not tipping will not change it. Not tipping is an ineffective, weak minded attempt to rebel against the prevailing wage in your state. It'll never work.

I become a regular at a restaurant.
I pick a cure waitress and figure out her schedule, roughly.
Try to only go when she's working.
Tip her really well every time.
Chat yer up every time.
Within 5 to 10 visits she's asking me if I want to come have a drink with her after she gets off work.
9/10 times get laid in the first night. I've had a couple of serious relationships start this way.
I'm 45.

I could afford paying $10 for a bottle of water. That doesn't mean I'll buy it.

>I'm poor

If you can't afford to tip you can't afford to eat out, faggot

Alright man. Just don't be surprised when you start to receive shit service if you frequent the same places.

Also I agree with the other user about the perks you get in most places for being a good tipper offsetting the actual extra cost. Just my opinion of course.

That's okay, I don't eat out very often. I'm a bit of a control freak over my diet and macros.

I'm already paying 7$ a fucking head for maybe an entree and then drinks? Sorry I don't give a fuck if your boss isn't paying you enough because he's a cheap fuck. But don't make me supplement someone else's shitty morals and then tell me I don't have to right to eat where I want because I'm not gonna give some bitch 20% of my bill just for carrying a fucking tray.

None of these are good reasons to tip.

>1. The reality is that servers do not get paid very much.

This is the server's problem, not mine.

>2. I can afford it.

Just because I can afford to do something isn't a good reason to do it. I could afford to eat a $100 bill.

>3. When a server does a good job, is pleasant, friendly, accurate and efficient, I think it's good to reward that behavior.

None of this is exceptional behavior. It's the basic requirements I expect out of anyone waiting tables at a restaurant. I don't reward someone for performing the basic requirements of their job.

>4. At most of the places I eat, the servers are single mothers and I know they need the money.

Again, this is the server's problem, not mine.

>5. If you are a good tipper and go to the same places enough to be remembered, you will get the occasional perk that offsets the cost of the tip (get a double if you only order one shot, bigger portions, free dessert, whatever). Sometimes I've gotten enough "extra" food I can take it home for another two meals.

I don't go out to eat often enough that this is worth it. And in general, if you're eating out often enough to be remembered by wait staff, you could save a lot more money by learning to cook, and not having to rely on free extras.

>If you can't afford to tip you can't afford to eat out, faggot

If he can afford to pay the bill, he can afford it.

>servers do not get paid very much.

Can't be my problem, can it? Why don't they just get a better paid job?

Only if you go to the same restaurant pretty frequently.

True dat! Blame the place you work at for not giving you enough money, don't take them off customers, that's a shit move these restaurants choose to take, fuck em!

I live in a fucking 3rd world country and I dont need to tip ro anyone or make the stupid stanment before I order of "I wont tip" shit. I order my shit and I paid what I have to paid without any "extra" shit cuz the waiter was "nice" to me. fuck off, they are already paid a salary to work well and make good service to the costumers not paying a tip to do what they Supposedly to do

and fuck you if you dont understand my english, I dont need to learn your hamburger retarded language

Why arent you the president?
Some people just cant be fucking engineers you know?

Exactly. It's not my problem if a business doesn't pay their employees enough. That's an issue between the employee and the employer. I refuse to be drug into the middle of it.

The only reason the food isnt just more expensive is because that labor cost is added after in the form of a tip. Its a stupid system but is the only reason you get good service, otherwise thoes people would get other jobs and you would get tge people who work at walmart taking your orders. And that would suck.

I tip because I worked in a few restaurants as a kid and I know what bad tippers get on their return trips.
You may think your waiter or waitress won't remember you, but in fact you're the only customer they remember.
And if you leave a really shitty tip on a big bill or no tip at all you can believe the whole crew heard about it before you made it to your car.
I've seen jizz, pubes, and spit, go into the food of bad tippers. Y'all have been eating it gladly for years.

If the service is good I tip 20%, generally.

I used to wait tables part time. The hourly wage for a waiter in the US is less than minimum wage since tipping is customary. And waiting tables is hard and often thankless work. I like to show that I appreciate good service and I like to be kind to others.

well said

>Some people just cant be fucking engineers you know?

Still not my problem. I don't tip the cashier in the supermarket, and not the guy who sells me a new harddisc, or something like that. They have a job, they earn money, and if they are not satisfied with that they can just get another job that pays better.

If it's a good looking girl that has the eye on me when serving me like an Egyptian god then I'll give her a tip, providing she pleasures me in the back room afterwards.

I don't tip because of a simple cost/benefit analysis.

Sure, there's a chance that someone could spit in my food. But I don't go out to eat very often. Once a week or so generally. And I never go out to eat at the same place more than once a month. And most servers don't do that stuff to people's food for fear of being fired or worse if they're caught.

So the chances that I show up to eat there again 6 weeks later AND I get the same server AND that server remembers me and that I didn't leave a tip AND that they decide to spit in my food AND that I don't notice it is really really small. Not nearly large enough to make me pay an extra 20% for every meal I eat.

Bad argument. They all could...yet we still need waiters so they ask can't.

They purposely get paid less than minimum because of expected tipping. If restaurants paid them better then tipping wouldn't be as appropriate. But then the increase wage cost would be carried over to the prices.

That will cost you 25%.

Those people dont: greet you. Tell you about a menu. Take a drink order. Bring you said drinks to where u are sitting. Answer questions. Take your order. Talk to the kitchen about ur order. Bring ur fat ass said food. Refill ur drink. Clear ur plates. Make conversation. Shit they dont even have to fucking smile.

if you dont tip i assume it's because you're a sadistic fuck or actually retarded

>not understanding the government trashes server paychecks, not the company. any job in the tip industry is the same way, they trash paychecks because its near impossible to accurately show the government how much cash tips you walk away with every day

It would cost even less if u made ur own food u fat fuck. Jesus

>They purposely get paid less than minimum

So??? No excuse for robbing me for eating there, they just have to do the job they are paid for.

huehuehue your salary comes from my money too, you ungrateful bitch
If all the people who eat out occasionally and don't tip because they can't afford it would just stop eating at your boss'es place he would be out of business and you out of job. Tip is meant to be something extra, not regular addition to your salary.

It's really not.
Servers talk and they talk about bad tippers. It's solidarity. The hostess saw you walk in. Remembers you as the guy that stiffed becky.
Seats you in carol's section. Goes to tell carol. Carol dips her used tampon in your soup.
For fear of getting fired? The managers of the establishment are in on it too. They're gonna side with their people over a cheap smuck like you

I do most of the time. That's why I only go out to eat once a week you dumb shit.

Don't care about all that. I come in, order my steak or whatever, eat, pay the bill, and leave. Their personal life and their "helpfulness" doesn't interest me, I am there for the food.

... And they do with the expectation of the tip. Again, they are paid less purposely and legally because tipping is customary.

If you can't afford a few extra bucks for someone's hard work then maybe you should eat at home while you count your dollar bills.

Cheap price when I order a burger for $7 and get a good shag afterwards for the low price of $1.75

Yeah, I don't really believe you. Servers and ex-servers like to perpetuate this myth because it scares people into tipping. But I worked at a restaurant in college and I only saw it happen once. I reported it and the guy got fired immediately.

When I used to work in food service my restaurant had a camera pointed at the front door. If you left no tip we would print out your photo and hang it up in the kitchen

Also as a bartender, I make way more money in tips. I'd have to make like 100/hr to be comparable. Plus it's all cash, no taxes, fuck the goverment

I can't argue with this logic.

Also, checked.

I worked at a restaurant once, spit in the food on the daily, mostly for giggles.

Fuck tipping if the cooks don't get a cut of it. The server doesn't do shit. Pours the coffee, asks you what you want, punches the order in on a computers, brings it to comes back once to ask you how it is and then takes the plates back. The coom has to prep the food, cook it, probably cuts and burns themselves a couple times a day and sweats their balls off in a hot kitchen all day.

I hated seeing servers walk out with double or more than I made while they sat in air conditioning all day rolling silverware and occasionally running food while the rest of pushed food out nonstop. The only breaks we got in our 10 hours shifts was two five minute smoke breaks a day. Don't smoke then no break for you.

TL;DR fuck tipping and fuck servers.

Literally not how the system works, but that's cool too.

I filled the tortellini with my excrement from a plastic bag I brought from home.

But you got paid a higher hourly wage from the restaurant than the waiters did, yes?

i don't even get tipping, if a waitress already gets 10% why do i get for intergrating database software? 1k a time? Makes no sense why stupid people should get extra, be glad you can even exist dew social programmes, else mother nature would have wept the entire dumb bloodline already

lol then serve you fucking giant faggot. or are you too socially inept to be able to carry on a conversation with a stranger without making them feel uncomfortable. dont work in a restaurant and work the worst possible position and then bitch about how tough it is and how little you make when there is a position most likely open where you can, like you said, double what you currently make

I did 12 years in shit hole kitchens and I never saw it either. They didn't even fuck with the well done steak the asshole who comes in the minutes before close orders.

Yep and every server there still walked out with double what I made everyday, in cash. I had to wait 2 weeks to get my money on my pay cheque.

Male servers are rare in restaurants that serve booze. We had hundreds of girls work there but the number of men hired I could count on both a hands.

just because you don't see it doesnt mean It doesn't happen. you think I'm going to spit in someone's drink in front of everyone?

was it the only restaurant in the entire state?

Then perhaps you should have waited tables instead, since it is so easy and lucrative. Make better choices in your life.

It was a town of 5000 people. The other 3 restaurants did the same thing. Next closest town was 30 minutes away, the cost of gas and wear and tear on the car would negate the extra wages and other jobs in the town were rare since a large factory had closed a few years prior and everyone took what they could get and kept it.

And I don't live in the States and never would.

But I am as polite to them as they are to me. I too greet them, I smile when I talk to them, and always thank them for their service. I don't bother the waiter with conversation and choose my meals from the menu without the need of any explanation. Bringing order to the kitchen and bringing my meal back is their fucking job, just like any other jobs listed.

Is America really a country where you need to pay people for them to be polite?

>you think I'm going to spit in someone's drink in front of everyone?

Except you said all the servers talk about it and the managers are in on it? So which is it you weasely little liar? Everyone's doing it and everyone knows about it? Or you do it in secret because you're afraid you'll get fired.

>None of these are good reasons to tip.
In your opinion.

I explained why *I* tip. They are good reasons to me.

I only tip if I get good service. Usually hot girls who are sweet to the customers get paid the most around here.

Let me entertain you.

There was a case in the US of this Jewish cunt so cheap, she'd never tip, but always asked for delivery from a Chinese place.

Fed up with her utter rudeness and failing to realize a tipping culture is just that, a culture, the Chinese guys did something to her food.

Lo and behold, she contracted oral herpes. Now you may ask, how the fuck?

As it turns out, the food was tested. They found the semen of 4 different men in her food.

You know the likelihood of contracting and STD (such as herpes) is rather slim. She had been eating cum (among other things) for quite, quite some time.

So yeah, keep your tip, keep your change. Also keep the snot, cum, dirt, rat feces, and anything that "accidentally" makes its way into the food of non-tippers.

Just like I heard how bacon powder often made its way into pizzas ordered by non-tipping Muslims, or how kosher labels were placed on platters served to Jews.

Yup, keep the change.

I tip because I am not a miserable shitbag. I wouldn't tip in a culture that would consider it rude.

Is whatever shit country you come from so deprived of personality you expect people to behave all the same?

In the US, we don't have to keep appearances and behavior isn't assumed/expected.

If your shekels are so precious that you can't add 15% to your total bill, save that GRAND sum and fly your ass back to whatever degenerate place you were spawned upon.

What the fuck am I reading?

>If you don't like this system, change it. Not tipping will not change it. Not tipping is an ineffective, weak minded attempt to rebel against the prevailing wage in your state. It'll never work.
if everyone stopped tipping today the system would change tomorrow

A retard's attempt at intelligence.

Ignore it user, the imbecile can't even manage to communicate properly. Literally the staple of humanity is communication and that faggot failed at it.

TARANTINO did it
RESERVOIR DOGS
youtube.com/watch?v=V4sbYy0WdGQ

Because only a tip salary earner have earned the right to received any tip. Since tip salary is lower than minimum wage. If you are already earning minimum wage, you have no right to a tip.

Because you paid for the food, In a togo box. You tip if it is served to you, on a table.

You should never tip anyone who is not earning a tip wage, Coat girl earns a minimum salary, doorman earns a minimum salary, cashier earns a minimum salary, barista earns a minimum salary, etc.

Only tip your wait staff since only waiters or waitress are eligible for tip wage.

Name an instance where a collective just "stopped" doing something.

I'd love to know, really. I need insight as to how to get a group of retarded faggots (yourself included) to just kill themselves.

Busboys, meat-runners, food-runners, hosts, bar associates, etc, all MAY fall under tip-wage earner.

It depends on the restaurant and restaurants CAN employ ALL staff as tip-wage earners and then proceed to create titles.

So you're only half right.

I almost never tip when I eat out, but it's not due to any kind of malice or anything. I recognize that servers are paid shit, and I feel bad, but the simple fact is that because the establishment doesn't pay a full wage, then one of us is going to be punished, essentially. Either the server is going to get punished by not getting money, or I'm going to be punished by giving up extra money. We both have jobs and work hard for money. Because I'm not responsible for the situation being like it is and I have a choice, then I'm logically going to choose not to be punished. Sucks for the server, but that's how it is.

And on top of that, serving itself is not a hard job, and that whole excuse of 'it's such a hard job, they deserve it!' mentality drives me nuts. I've worked several customer service jobs that entail everything a server does, with the added need for specialized knowledge that required some form of education. No one has ever considered tipping me in those fields, and there are even other people who work much harder than I ever have who no one even thinks of tipping.

You must be black or Chinese

Waiters have it tough because of shit-eating faggots like you.

"Hurrr yer jeb ain't that hard! lul I ain't got money"

You're poor, a nigger, a Jew, and entitled.

You've worked many jobs right? Try being a server. Just try making a living on such easy job.

Oh, wait: you won't. Let me guess! You won't go that low.

...but you'll go as low as justifying why a server shouldn't get a tip. I hope you die of cancer alone.

>They get literally minimum wage salary and basically live off tips.

Wrong. In most states in the US, they get paid far less than minimum wage and get taxed as if they get tipped 10%. It's fucked up but that's the way it is.

Yes because people like Gordon Ramsey made terrible choices. Being a chef takes actual training so they deserve more money. And the reason it's worth doing it is the potential to make more money.
A chimp could be a waitress.

My only tip is to get a proper fucking job that pays you enough to live on

Lol thanks for showing the true face of America.
Thinking that being nice is degeneracy shows how fucked up your country is.

>Either the server is going to get punished by not getting money, or I'm going to be punished by giving up extra money

It's not punishment for you. You pay for your service as a tip. The eating establishment is only paying servers $2-$4 an hour with the expectation that tips will bring the wages up to minimum wage.

We all agree, the Matradee, the Manager and especially the owner don't deserve or should collect/pocket any tip.

Yep, I too was a busboy and a waiter back in the days.

What hard about it?
The obvious thing of dealing with assholes is shared by anyone in a customer serving jobs.

If you honestly thinking taking an order and putting plates on a table is hard you're retarded.

So many of you are either ignorant or stupid. Every single person who I've ever known that has served, including myself, has been paid roughly 50% greater than minimum wage which is very suitable.

My sister gets over $100 in tips per night. Per fucking night. She makes more than $500 per week in tips just for existing in her job. She makes more than $2000 a month just for existing in her job. She's too retarded to do her job right let alone provide exceptional service. She gets the tips because sheeple think that tipping is the right thing to do or that she makes barely minimum wage and can't survive.

When I bartended I made between $100 and $400 a night. What kind of autist tips me because I poured a beer?

Hes entitled because he wont give you the money? Interesting

That's the server and establishments problem.

>If you honestly thinking taking an order and putting plates on a table is hard you're retarded.

You speak of something of which you know nothing of.

Also, the managers are usually worse assholes than the customers.