Which MST3K movie was your favorite? Like which do you think actually wasn't that bad...

Which MST3K movie was your favorite? Like which do you think actually wasn't that bad? Not talking about the riffing (although feel free to discuss your favorite episodes), but the actual movies viewed. Personally, I have a soft spot for The Undead and Teenage Caveman.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Dick-Continos-Blues-Other-Stories/dp/0099410117
youtu.be/cAKentKiGOY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

"Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders" has always been a top favorite. Last episode I remember seeing on Sci-Fi.

I think Daddy-O's a lot of fun. Imagine, hanging out with hot young twenty-somethings in 1950's Los Angeles. Racing cars, eating pizzas and going to the gym.

James Ellroy even wrote a short story about Dick Contina solving a mystery while filming this movie. Its in continuity with his other stories like L.A. Confidential.

amazon.com/Dick-Continos-Blues-Other-Stories/dp/0099410117

Jack Frost was pretty good. It was just a cheap fantasy movie and I liked watching the "bad" characters be bad.

We had a good Overdrawn thread going on Sup Forums the other day. People do recognize it for its visionary story elements shared in later sci-fi like The Matrix, 13th Floor and even Fifth Element.

The Phantom Planet. I own that shit on DVD unriffed.

Danger: Diabolik is by far the best film ever riffed on MST3K. This is an objective fact

I've always wanted to watch these but there's no full length episodes I can pirate..

Overdrawn At the Memory Bank is really good when you realize that they had zero budget to make it, I mean Raul Julia was great in everything. The Phantom Planet is great 50's drive in sci-fi. Time Chasers is good for the same reasons Overdrawn is. Final Sacrifice is just fun as hell Canadian shlock.

You fuckin kidding right now bro? They're on every single tracker in the world and the creators literally told the fans to pirate and share the episodes with eachother during it's entire run.

>tfw you know the new series is going to be complete shit

A shitload of full episodes are on youtube dude

unless you're referring to the unriffed movies themselves, in which case good fucking luck

Nigga just go to club-mst3k, they're all on youtube

Danger!! Death Ray is super underrated

I'm actively ignoring it's existence. I'm doing the whole James Rolfe Ghostbusters thing, I'm just not gonna watch it unless I hear extremely glowing reviews from people I know that also like MST3K.

Honorable mention for Clonus for being ripped off by Michael Bay's The Island.

Every single movie they ever riffed is on Cinemageddon unriffed if you guys are interested.

Clonus is honestly a pretty decent movie in my opinion

>tfw Overdrawn at the Memory Bank

Sci-Fi had the coolest movies
Shit like Devil Fish and The Final Sacrifice is MST3Kino

You interfaced brah?

Care to elaborate a bit on this please?

*Girl and guy she just met are walking by a pond*

"THIS IS WHERE THE FISH LIVES!"

It's not even a riff and it's still fucking hilarious. I crack up every goddamn time.

>tfw getting fat on flav-o-fibs

Came here to post this. It even has an amazing Morricone soundtrack.

Mom, my nuts?

I demand that you set up a delicious buffet!

Slab Bulkhead

if I was 6 years old in the 50s I think Deadly Mantis would have been really cool.

Fist RockBone

The sad thing about mst3k is that it dates itself immediately. I watched a version of one episode that had been annotated with explanations of all the pop culture references. If you aren't old enough to remember like... deep cut references from sitcoms from the mid 1990s, you/re just going to listen to the riffs and be like "huh?"

>I'm actively ignoring it's existence. I'm doing the whole James Rolfe Ghostbusters thing, I'm just not gonna watch it unless I hear extremely glowing reviews from people I know that also like MST3K.

I'm with you. I'm also doing that for the new Star Trek series.

there's literally a joke every 3 seconds and plenty of them are none era-specific
you're just a DIRTY PLEB

Escape 2000 will always be my favorite

It's an extra challenge for us wannabe erudite 90's kids imho

>being this culturally uneducated
I bet you don't remember the theme songs from 70's sitcoms you filthy plebeian

Also, John Williams wrote the score. Yes, the Jaws/Star Wars/Superman guy, not some other composer by that name.

It was based on a relatively well-regarded short story. Too bad Channel Thirteen didn't have the budget to make a coherent film out of it.

You best be baiting. MST3K is all about being as obscure as possible, down to injoky references to Mike's ex-girlfriend.

as long as you get about 40-50% of the gags you're probably still going to be able to enjoy it. there are a lot of jokes

The Magic Sword. As Joel himself said, it wasn't a bad movie.

This.

I'd also say The Deadly Bees was a bit too high-quality for me to really enjoy the riff, despite its negative reviews.

Godzilla vs the Sea Monster

A standard Godzilla film.

i cant wait to be a part of a show you guys like!

Oligarchical mega-corporations forcing employees to perform unnecessary and tedious data entry. Forced rehabilitation (payed 100% out of the employee's pocket). Body switching and alternate reality control.

It's really kinda groovy.

reminded me that Girl's Town isn't so bad. Really sexy babes misbehaving is watchable.

Joel, Paul, Bill, Mary Jo are all writing for the new season. Kevin will be cameoing. Beez will be doing props. That's like 80% of the sci-fi era cast, everyone but Mike and Jim, and who cares about Jim?

In real life she's pretty much Pearl Forrester. Perfect casting there.

>Girl's Town

Mamie Van Doren. I mean, my god...

I don't know. It has the qriters, and despite him looking like a hipster fag, the new guy showed he has chops at the mst reunion.

writers*

There's something about The Girl In Lover's Lane. I can't enjoy the episode, because I get into the movie itself.

That's a lot of the fun. You watch an episode and you can come back many times and each time you're discovering and understanding more and more of the jokes.

I need to rewatch that one. Teenage Crime Wave is one I actually get into every time I watch it. Obviously it's aged but besides that there's nothing really wrong with it.

>Dirk Hardpeck

No The Final Sacrifice? That was funny without the riffing. It's a true Canadian classic as in no Canadians saw that until MST3K. And that's rare for a Canadian flick. I wonder where Mike and the boys earthed it up?

Bob Johnson... oh wait

I think it was a student film.

Rowsdower

I hear Rowsdower is actually a really chill guy irl and fully embraces his MST fanbase

Sidehackers would've been a standard 70's biker flick if it hadn't been obsessed with a little known way to motocross. It also did the sin of having two old untalented Jews as the hero and bad guy leads.

Mitchel. Anyone who thinks otherwise is retarted.

For a student film it wasn't bad on a zero budget. I've seen worse on more money and made recently.

Mr. B Natural is best short. You cannot argue this.

youtu.be/cAKentKiGOY

But the fucking theme song

>D D D d-down

Honestly? I watched almost every single episode as a courtesy to a friend and nostalgia (Loved it when younger) And I can honestly say the entire show is boring as fuck and Id never watch an episode again. realized it halfway through beast of yukka flatts. Just me and my mate, must have been 50~ episodes into watching and I was like fucking why.

Honestly their new shit is okay, the rifftrax. But MST3K is just whatever.

>Oooohhh, I hates those questions.

knew him? HE WAS DELICIOUS

yeah, I mean it's a Mario Bava movie on a technical level he's up there with some of the best. I don't think they've riffed any other movies by canonized directors

It was fantastic for its time because nobody else was doing anything like it. "Snarky guys making fun of media" was a big hit and they did it first. Now 80% of all Youtube videos are snarky guys making fun of media and some of them are pretty funny, making MST3K obsolete. I still love it for nostalgia's sake and 10% of their episodes are really fucking good, but I wouldn't recommend anyone who grew up watching Youtube "reviewers" start from MST3K episode 1 and watch the whole thing, it would be boring.

Plus the first season isn't even that good.

Youtube shit doesn't even come close. I love how the Comedy Channel Era of MST3K would have all sorts of references to classic films and occasionally obscure cult stuff. It was always a joy to catch something clever that you know 90% of viewers just went "huh?" to.

Not trying to be a pleb because it's so obvious, but I will always love "Manos" best. That is all...

I will never not have fun watching Laserblast.