It's not. It's a fanart.

>Three movies later
Go back to school, it's 2, not 3

U TRIKKED ME????!

FUCKED UP DESU F.AM

They said that to cover up the leak

He won't be on the first Justice League

yes we get it you hate non-Marvel capeshit, now eat up piggy

Regardless of whether or not the pic is legit, I think I see the twist coming, and if I'm right it's going to be glorious. Glorious.

Bro...

whats the twist you see coming

>I can't handle all this kino
Thats means student film tier filmmaking right?

What kind of razor would be strong enough to cut supermans beard?

Honestly, I'm really hesitant to share it, because it would be a major, major spoiler if I turn out to be right. The clues are all there in the comics arcs they borrowed from for BvS and the arcs that followed them. My one and only hint:

"No one cares about the man in the box." - Rupert Angier, "The Prestige"

I thought that was Qui Gon Jinn

Me too. Got hyped.

That doesnt prove anything, that faggot always makes the same face.

They should keep him looking like that. He looks awesome.

Fuck thats making me think hard. I don't know too much about the comic arcs that were used but I know that Batman 'faked' his death after sending Supes a message with his famous quote. Are you perhaps implying something along the lines of Supes death was faked for a greater message to be given? That sort of fits because he is now the man in the box... but he is the one who got the praise...

Basically, I'm saying that you can't have a decent Armageddon without a false prophet and an Antichrist.

god dammit why do you do this to me

So your prediction is that after Superman dies in the movie, the same thing happens that happened after Superman died in the comics.

Wow. You must be the first to discover this breakthrough.

in the animated series he uses his own laser vision to do it

LIKE JESUS!?
Shit brother this is very art! wooo!

HOLY SHIT he looks like Qui Gon Jinn in the Gungan city from Phantom Menace

>looking like Jesus
Implying Zack Snyder won't get Jared Leto to star in Justice League Part 1 or 2 as some flashback vision occurs as Batman remembers the Joker before he fell into the chemical pool and he looks like pic related

10/10 would watch Jesus kino

"devils don't come from hell beneath us, they come from the sky"

superman ends up in the ground, and we literally see dirt rise up so........

Like I said, I'm not going any further into it than I've already hinted, because I really would hate to spoil anything if what I suspect turns out to be on the money.

Don't be a faggot.

Just spoiled it out to us. It's ok

that's why you lead with the associations that drew you to a conclusion, if people don't jump the dots to what you're getting you know people aren't seeing it

OK, here goes:

We already know that the New Gods(Darkseid) have been to Earth at some point in our prehistory, an age where magic was a more active force in the world. The New Gods are always depicted as being, in typical Kirby fashion, a mixture of myth, magic, and insanely advanced tech. I suspect that magic is necessary for them to even reach Earth to begin with, or at least it's necessary for Darkseid to bring all of Apokalips here to start harvesting our planet like we see in Bruce's dream.

So, in more or less chronological order, New God invasion/Kryptonian scout ship crashes, prehistoric war, magic slowly begins to wane and eventually "goes to sleep" for lack of a better term. Then Superman arrives and slowly becomes a focal point for human consciousness and belief. Belief has always been a huge factor in all things magical, and all that focused belief causes magic to reawaken in the modern world. Darkseid and his forces seek to channel all that focused belief to their own ends, so they either revive/clone Superman themselves to serve as a conduit for it or they send Steppenwolf here masquerading as him.

Luthor, already corrupted by contact with the New Gods, becomes something of a prophet of this new "god-king Superman," possibly even exhibiting some degree of mind control as more and more people come under Darkseid's sway.

Bruce, in the meantime, isn't buying into this returned Supes's bullshit and digs him up to find him fully healed but unresponsive.

And that's all I got.

bunch of fucking leaps unfounded by the movies. what the fuck

are you into conspiracy theories?

Nah, I just know comics about twice as well as people who think they know their shit.

my contention isn't in your knowledge of comics, but in the leaps of logic you make, particularly with magic

it's similar to the "god of the gaps" in that you just invoke "magic!" in a very vague way that somehow enacts certain things to make a picture that isn't thematically coherent with the movies so far, though i haven't seen suicide squad

i jumped the gun by spaying BS!!!! but it's nowhere near being "spoilers" it's shit we already know with "magic!!!11!"

Great, another miserable evil looking Superman, audiences will love it

I picked the magic bit up from the portion of the Wonder Woman script that leaked. If it's at all accurate, the gods took a powder once belief in them started to wane.

There's a line from "Excalibur" that speaks to it well: "The voice of the one god came to drown out the voices of the many."

Also, there's some dialogue in the Squad that hints that I'm on the right track, and that's also why I'm not going to discuss it any more. I feel like I'm potentially spoiling plot points just by virtue of how much comics lore I've internalized over the years.

Nah, I imagine this one will smile quite a bit. People selling you something usually do.

what leak?

Magic already exists in Suicide Squad.

do you treat your friends the same way when they're down for valid reasons? do you talk them down and tell them they're bad for it?

That's what I mean user. Fake Superman will be all charming and shit but the real one will be a grizzly morose motherfucker. So we will still not have had the highly principled, noble, altruistic and inspiring role model from the comics

It's been at least a month, but it was some plot details about Ares being one of the few gods still active.

Yes, but I'm waiting to see how recent a thing it becoming "active" again is. Diablo is magic-based, too, but I'm betting that his line about his power growing is a hint to magic growing stronger over the course of his life.

Have you heard what Enchantress said at the end of SS? Spoiler for those that haven't: She essentially says that metahumans showing up is an sign of the end times.

Granted neither superman or batman are metahumans, but hey there's a another biblical thingymabob to throw into the reference pile. And personally i think it hints that Joker himself could be a metahuman similar to Diablo as well.

you're still missing a direct affirmation of the thing you're saying is so central to the movies

It's not kino since hack snyder does it so blatantly

you are suppose to be subtle like kubrick

#MulletForSuperman

thats fucking retarded.

Why does it need to be a direct affirmation? I can infer in my conjecture.

Nicolas Cage would've been the best Superman

idk if you're the same person, but i think i know what you're getting at

i have my own vaguely /x/ thoughts on what at least snyder himself did, and on the way superman was invoked especially in bvs

"god depends on our tribe" "idr how many percent of people are waiting for some sort of messianic figure"

well shit, i'm pretty sure every single major culture had some sort of endtime sort of story as well, and given the hegelian aspects of bvs along with all the plays and flips on meanings within the movie topped by the hints of the hypercrisis, it seems they're playing with the idea of a pattern of progression in human affairs that has some sort of design or intelligence governing it
so to bring it back to my talking shit on muhh magic. it's not so much that magic or belief is such an important aspect of whatever it is they're doing, but that at least in bvs there was an attempt at having the most breadth possible by playing directly with 'primal' aspects of the human experience

i actually got started on an essay on how the breadth of meaning within bvs in relation to film, movies, and literature but decided to drop it because of the toxic conversation on the internet

but i do think they're close to not only riding the edge of the cultural imagination but crossing it

This is why I'm really interested in what we learn in Wonder Woman.

They have the exact same hairline now.