Soviet Republic of Scotland inbound

So I've not seen many threads on the issue of Scotland going full communist. At least in terms of placing ALL children under care of the state where a selected 'named person' has authority over parents.

Some info about it

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-35752756

And the website of the group campaigning against it.

no2np.org/

in particular this bit.

no2np.org/wp-content/uploads/no2np_11reasons.pdf
pls send help.

pls send help

Other urls found in this thread:

no2np.org/wp-content/uploads/no2np_11reasons.pdf
scotsman.com/news/politics/children-asked-to-think-of-named-person-as-head-gardener-1-4114148
scotsman.com/news/politics/teacher-appointed-first-named-person-state-guardian-struck-off-1-4014998
newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2016/05/its-time-snps-terrible-record-government-was-exposed
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-35970893
gov.scot/Resource/0049/00498660.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

More like Airstrip One, mate

You lads reading this shit?

>wellness wheel

What the fuck?
Have a bump, that shit is messed up

Thanks lad. The only ray of light I see is the SNP didn't get an outright majority. Though they only need a few green MPs to vote for them to get this shit through.

>public childcare is full communism
wat

last one.

All slides sourced at no2np.org/wp-content/uploads/no2np_11reasons.pdf

>Children asked to think of Named Person as ‘head gardener’

scotsman.com/news/politics/children-asked-to-think-of-named-person-as-head-gardener-1-4114148

>During workshops with 107 youngsters aged between nine and 12, the document related how they were encouraged to imagine Scotland as a garden, with each child as a plant growing within it.

>Children were told “all the adults in their lives” were “gardeners” while the named person would have overarching responsibility and be considered “Head Gardener”.

Nothing creepy about this...

This isn't necessarily communism, it could just as easily be fascism with a social justice twist, which is what I feel the SNP are.

The idea that the state should raise children, that parents should not be allowed to give their children financial or educational advantages over other children (such as reading to them at bed time) is a fairly old one on the left. They believe if all children were raised identically then equality would be guaranteed. Obviously this requires you to ignore genetic inheritance having an influence on success.

Having overbearing state monitoring of all children, and removing children from families for 'well being' infractions seems like a big step down this road. 100% taxes on inheritance and abolishing private schools is another piece of the puzzle.

Who defines 'well-being'? Why is it that I expect should this go through that children will be removed from their parents cause their parents hold politically incorrect views?

And bear in mind, one of the (many, many) concerns about this-being exploited by pedos-is completely justified.
scotsman.com/news/politics/teacher-appointed-first-named-person-state-guardian-struck-off-1-4014998
>A teacher appointed one of Scotland’s first “state guardians” faces a lifetime ban from working with children.
>Dayna Dickson-Boath was yesterday struck off the teaching register for sharing fantasies about abusing youngsters.
>Scotland’s teaching watchdog also recommended that Dickson-Boath be placed on a list of persons deemed unfit to work with children in any capacity.
>The guidance teacher was appointed 14 months ago to be Named Person for 200 secondary pupils under the Scottish Government’s controversial scheme to provide every child under 18 with a “state guardian”.
>Dickson-Boath, who taught most recently in Elgin, consented yesterday to being struck off by the General Teaching Council for Scotland.
>She accepted a charge that, between 8 August 2014 and 10 September 2014, she “did send, by means of a public electronic communications network, messages to another person that were grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character, in that you did converse regarding the sexual abuse of children.”
>The notice added that she was convicted of the offence on 26 August, 2015, at Elgin Sheriff Court.
>Hugh Paton, convener of the panel, said: “The registrant should be removed from the register in view of the facts admitted.
>The panel has also decided that it is appropriate that the registrant’s name is referred to Scottish Government ministers for consideration in connection with inclusion on the list of those barred from working with children and vulnerable young adults.”
>If the Scottish Government agrees, Dickson-Boath will be prohibited from working with children for the rest of her life.
>The offences were committed while she was an additional support teacher at Forres Academy, Moray.

Just fuck my kids up SENPAI.

Read all the slides, and this seems like it will be as rife with abuse as the care system is now.

And how about the larger issue, putting a state minion ahead of the parents?

This is some scary stuff, when did the public become so complacent to let this sort of shit slide.

>counting down to race war

>Race war
There's not enough here for that.

>Even after 9/11, 7/7, Paris, Cologne, Rotherham, sectarian tension in the Central belt for the past 160 years, everything happening in Germany and Sweden being shown for the world to see, the "nationalist" party continues to proclaim that "diversity is our strength" and deating immigration is racist.

Like everything the SNP do there is no public discussion. The only time the SNP go public is to bemoan the tories. For example just before the Scottish parliament broke before the election last week, Sturgeon had just agreed in principal a £10bn deal with a Chinese company, including building Scotland's new social housing. The deal was discussed in secret and only came to light when a Chinese newspaper reported on it. For added fuckery, the company involved was blocked from doing business in Norway on suspicion of corruption.

pls send help.

We didn't have shit like this under communism

>implying there's an actual nationalist party in a one party commie system
politics can never win a war. only the people can. politics are rigged against the people's interest from the beginning.

you won't get anywhere by voting.

It's Scotland, they're basically Sweden but without the Somalis

Lightweights desu. This is basically par for the course with the SNP.

WELCOME TO STURGEONS SCOTLAND LADS

Building houses why couldn't a British company do that?

Then again I suppose getting a local firm to do it would create jobs the thing the SNP hates more than anything.

No idea m80. The SNP are neo-liberal as they come. I suspect Strugeon would love nothing more than some sections of Scotland to just FOAD already though.

Here's a rather depressing article about just how bad the SNP have been.

>It's time the SNP's terrible record in government was exposed

newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2016/05/its-time-snps-terrible-record-government-was-exposed

>using slides from some heavily biased site

How are they getting away with it?

It's fucking terrifying as a northerner because tho voters here look to the SNP as something to imitate.

>Being a statist cuck

British wide media isn't as interested up north.

Also, the SNP are Labour-tier in anti-Western vitriol of the party elites, so they get a free pass on scrutiny.
>Yet supporters accuse and harras the BBC of being right-wing and biased against them.

The bits about children relating more to the state than with parents are largely bullshit: when it comes to Scottish law, the desires of the child already take precedence over the parents wishes in many cases provided the child demonstrates that they have a reasonable understanding of the factors at hand.

(i.e. if a child understands the implications of staying in scotland with their father while their mother, who has divorced the father and has custody wants to move abroad, the child's desire to stay is more important than the mother's custody provided the child demonstrates this is their own wish, not their father's projected wish, and that they understand the consequences of their actions.)

I don't support named person for various reasons, but the way it's being treated as anything more than a slight tweak to existing policies is ridiculous.

>why couldn't a British company do that?
EU competition law would be one possible reason.
Although the "dodgy deal" is a non story in the first place.

>How are they getting away with it?
Because they're no worse than Scottish Labour.

Because their "terrible" record in government is actually simply mediocre. Nearly everything is still better than it was in 2006 under Labour.
Most of Scotland is middle class, why the fuck do middle class swing voters care if poor people aren't benefiting from free tuition?

Educational problems are also in part to blame on local authorities, which have their budgets constrained by the SNP's council tax freeze (as the SNP have their budget constrained by UK spending) - local authorities still decide where the axe will fall.

Now, you could blame the SNP for freezing council tax, but it's a popular policy. People evidentally care more about their wallets than the local school.

The SNP are ruthlessly centrist while talking a left-wing-game.
>questioning the value of a source means you're in favour of the thing the source is attacking.

Biased? It is the semi-official opposition. I'd damn well hope it picks the scheme to pieces. Besides it is all sourced and cited. The Scottish government don't contest any of the claims.

>How are they getting away with it?

Literally 'muh tories'. I've not seen any exit polls from the latest election but I'd suspect the SNP are down among working age men, that which used to be the basis of their support. They still have a diehard of independence supporters too as well as the student vote. They mostly get away with it because Holyrood isn't under the intense scrutiny westminster is. It's pretty fucking scary desu. Fortunately their results were down at the latest election denying them, just, a majority.

>their results were down at the latest election denying them, just, a majority.
Technically their constituency vote went up.
Greens (the more radical independence supporters) are the ones who fucked them out of it.

Honestly I hope they trade NP to the Tories come budget time (i.e. burn it in exchange for support) to piss off the Greens. Green voters are the most annoying people on the planet.

The bit about 'well-being'. It is so fucking vague. I absolutely see kids being taken from their parents for expressing the wrong political views should this come to pass.

>Although the "dodgy deal" is a non story in the first place.

Are you Nicola Sturgeon?

>Concern over corruption claims of China firm seeking Scotland investment

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-35970893

>His comments came after it emerged Norway blacklisted China Railway Group.

>One of the group's subsidiaries has signed an agreement with Scottish ministers which both sides hope would lead to £10bn in investment.

Essentially selling out Scotland's, future to the Chinese no?

>Now, you could blame the SNP for freezing council tax, but it's a popular policy. People evidentally care more about their wallets than the local school.

desu this reflects poorly on Scots. I kinda hope we do go indy under the SNP just to watch it all fall apart. It is literally the only way some of the plebs up here will learn.

> I absolutely see kids being taken from their parents for expressing the wrong political views should this come to pass.
This has already happened in England, do you not remember those UKIP voters?
>Are you Nicola Sturgeon?
Yes. Here's a selfie.
>His comments
Who's comments? Oh, let's take a look:
> Liberal Democrat leader Willie Rennie
>Liberal democrat
He couldn't possibly have a political motivation for his comments, could he? Nah, he's an unbiased trade regulator, good ol' wullie. [For what it's worth I'm very glad he took a constituency seat from the SNP, but let's not piss about and pretend he's unbiased here.]
>Essentially selling out Scotland's, future to the Chinese no?
No. Taking £10bn of Chinese money.
And it's not a deal, it's an agreement to work towards a deal where they'll discuss Chinese investment in Scotland.
If you want selling our future out, you just have to look at the fact a good number of British power stations are run by EDF, i.e. the French state. The legacy of how we privatized our shit. (Not saying we shouldn't have, just that we shouldn't have let it fall into foreign hands.)

>desu this reflects poorly on Scots
It reflects that Scots are nearly exactly the same as the English. They say they'll vote for tax rises to fund services, but no major set of voters actually wants their tax to go up. (Also, it's not quite so stark as that - most people ignore what councils do until they piss away money on something dumb. Voters are glad to see cuts fall on local authorities because it's better than having them fall on another area.)

It also helps that council tax is a bit shit and all the house valuations are well off, meaning any attempt by councils to increase it would be a clusterfuck anyway. (AND most councils expect to keep their centralized subsidy to make up for losses from fixed tax rates, while also being able to raise taxes.)

>Here's a selfie.
Shit. Here you go lad, that'll be #bothvotesSNP

So that this post isn't totally pissed away, the link to the MoU is even in the BBC article: gov.scot/Resource/0049/00498660.pdf
That's it. That's what's got people so cared. 8 pages of "we agree to work towards an agreement on agreeing to do nice things..."

So it could always come to nothing.

>This has already happened in England, do you not remember those UKIP voters?

This does not make it alright or something that should not be resisted.

>He couldn't possibly have a political motivation for his comments, could he? Nah, he's an unbiased trade regulator, good ol' wullie. [For what it's worth I'm very glad he took a constituency seat from the SNP, but let's not piss about and pretend he's unbiased here.

Jesus christ go look it up lad.

> China Railway No. 3 Engineering Group Co., Ltd, (CR3) one of two Chinese construction and infrastructure giants to sign a memorandum of understanding with the Scottish Government potentially worth £10 billion, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the company. Official reports show that the parent company holds a 100 per cent stake and complete control over CR3.

>If you want selling our future out, you just have to look at the fact a good number of British power stations are run by EDF, i.e. the French state.

Well aware of this. The chinks own a steak in our next gen power too. You obviously see the issue here so why defend it when the SNP do it?

>This does not make it alright or something that should not be resisted.
Like I said: I don't support NP.
I just don't like that it's portrayed as a uniquely Stalinist intrusion into our lives instead of a bad thing that is already in-place, did not entirely destroy family life, but is nonetheless undesirable and should be avoided.

>Jesus christ go look it up lad.
I did. See the post above. The agreement is literally nothing at this stage.

If I say "I'll think about talking to you about giving you £10", would you portray that as a deal to give you £10?

>Well aware of this. The chinks own a steak in our next gen power too. You obviously see the issue here so why defend it when the SNP do it?
1. Because it's a regular investment agreement in our globalization economy, with only the token reservation that the Norwegians thought that they acted corruptly in their own country was unethical.
2. Because, again, it's being treated as though Sturgeon is going around demanding protection money and smashing shop windows when all she's doing is signing a dime-a-dozen memorandum of understanding.

MoU or not why was it discussed in secret, why is Sturgeon so keen on this deal and will the revelations that the company is corrupt, and thus dealing with them would contravene EU law, change her mind?

>why was it discussed in secret
Why would it have been discussed in public? Most business discussions take place privately.
The MoU has been published.
>why is Sturgeon so keen on this deal
It's a potentially beneficial trade deal. She's not uniquely keen on this one.
>will the revelations that the company is corrupt
At this stage they're allegations, not revelations.

It's highly possible that they will later conclude that it isn't mutually beneficial at all and will step back: at this stage, all they've done is signed an agreement to discuss it further.

>If I say "I'll think about talking to you about giving you £10", would you portray that as a deal to give you £10?

I'm just trying to hold the SNP to the same standard as other parties are held. The operate on the down low for the most part. The vast majority of the country couldn't name more than a few of their policies despite them having been in government since 2007. Come out with a populist policy or attack the tories every couple of months is about all they have to do to keep in the good graces of an ill-informed public.

>at this stage, all they've done is signed an agreement to discuss it further.

Regardless, had this been George Osborne there'd have been proper scrutiny as opposed to having to find out from a fucking Chinese daily.

>The vast majority of the country couldn't name more than a few of their policies despite them having been in government since 2007.
And this is any different from 1999-2007's governments?
>I'm just trying to hold the SNP to the same standard as other parties are held
Gonna have to lower your standards a hell of a lot then.

The press until very recently gave Labour an almost comically easy ride compared to the SNP.

Don't get me wrong, the SNP are thoroughly mediocre - people just like to overlook that they're no worse than what they replaced and that they're no worse than any of their serious alternatives. (i.e, would you REALLY want First Minister Iain Grey?)

2021 will be interesting when it's SNP-v-Con.
>having to find out from a fucking Chinese daily.
The MoU was published by the Scottish Government. It's not a big deal at all, so there was no significant gain from having our press collectively shit themselves over it.

Also (more on timing, since the Chinese published information first): if the SNP had legitimately wanted to keep the agreement secret they could always have invoked the "External Communication" clause in the MoU (each party must get the other's approval to make a press release about it.) to stop the Chinese talking about it.

I'm not saying Strugeon wants to intentionally fuck shit up. This just goes to highlight some incompetence and the SNP's contempt for transparency. I mean had it ever even been raised at Holyrood it probably wouldn't have gotten this far with the corruption allegations.

It's either incompetence or it's contempt for transparency, it's not both.
Had it been raised at Holyrood it would either have been overblown anyway, or it would have been ignored and another non-story found.

Stories like this one are the reason the press in Scotland is generally overlooked wholesale by SNP voters. Even if there was incompetence, it's remarkably minor compared to some of their other fuck-ups or policy reversals (Devo Max WHEN?) and yet filled hacks gleefully used it to pad out pages for days. Can you really blame people for tuning out after more than a decade of this kind of thing?

(Going back to "If you vote SNP in 2007 they'll stick up taxes!!!11" stories which were often just re-badged Labour press releases.)

Incompetence in that she didn't vet the company, contempt for transparency as it wasn't discussed at Holyrood.

>(Devo Max WHEN?)

I'd currently go federalism. Voted yes in 2014 but to do so again so soon wouldn't sit right. The whole 'neverendum' thing kinda makes a sham of democracy. I mean essentially what sturgeon wants is endless referendums til she gets her way, then never having one again. Hardly fair on the no voters and would lead to shit.

>Incompetence in that she didn't vet the company
Pretty premature to judge when all they've done is agree to look into things. Why waste time and resources vetting them now only for it to turn out there's no infrastructure project they'd be useful for anyway?
>contempt for transparency as it wasn't discussed at Holyrood.
Not every little thing needs to go before parliament, especially when the deal isn't anything concrete yet.

For what it's worth while anti-independence I'd consider it entirely valid to hold infinite referendums in theory. The democratic sword of Damocles hangs over the SNP as well (2 lost in short order = dead for a lifetime or more in practical terms, even if not enforced by any rule.), for the particularly strong unionists it's always possible that a party campaign on a manifesto that they hold a referendum on an independent Scotland rejoining the UK or some kind of new British Union.

(Indeed, the scenario that amuses me is with the oil-price crash it's entirely possible Scottish Labour could have tried exactly that in the event of a Yes vote, which would probably have put the SNP in Scottish Labour's position and Scottish Labour back on top. Even if reunion wasn't on the cards, Scottish Labour would be governing an independent Scotland instead of languishing behind the Conservatives in a united one.)

It's worse than full Communism, it's straight 1984

If I had to choose between that and Soviet union, I think Soviet union would be an obvious choice.

Dude reading this froze my soul. The Western family unit is doomed from so many directions.

Creepy as fuck right. Also note, 'head gardener' could be taken to mean something else.

>The Western family unit is doomed from so many directions.

You're spot on. Neoliberalism forcing women into the workplace to feed their family has been assault from one side while this third/forth wave feminism is attacking from the other side. It's funny how often the goals of the left and right seem to align.

One final bump for glorious, progressive Scotland.

pls just end it. pls.

>talking like it is something wrong

Don't worry lads, can you see that blue light shining afar? The blinding light that pulverizes the SNP? That is the light of Ruth Davidson.

BASED RUTH and her crew will stop the SNP from implementing their Communist policies thanks to the massive surge in Tory MSPs. The SNP lost traditional strongholds and became marginal with the Conservatives (e.g Aberdeen South and North Kincardine)

Expect the BASED TORIES to make sweeping gains in 2021. The Scottish Christian Party (right-wing and eurosceptic) will also take the SNP stronghold of the Outer Hebrides and make them white again.

SCOTLAND'S REBIRTH IS NOW.

Good.

Scots need to get their shit pushed in a little before another William Wallace appears.

More than a degree of fantasy in here
If the SNP really wanted to, they could go FULL COMMUNISM NOW and work with the Greens, or go centre-left with Liberals or Labour.

Though - especially on tax - it's easier to see them side with the Tories.

The Christian party taking the outer Hebridies is more than a little ridiculous, and there's no need to "make them white again", any immigration issues in that part of the country lie with white flight from England, not foreigners.