Gun-owning, concealed-carrying liberal here. AMA

Gun-owning, concealed-carrying liberal here. AMA.

What makes you think anyone cares?

no one gives a shit fag

LOL You cant be a liberal and own a gun. That defies all liberal logic. You're probably a moderate but you want to trigger conservatives because you're just a douche bag

tits or gtfo

Why do you make so much sense?

What's a good gun to get for a first-time owner?

Depends on intended use.

What's your opinion on the ownership of guns for people's protection from the state.

If you're just looking to learn how to shoot, can't go wrong with a 10/22. Good platform to learn the fundamentals, and cheap ammo.

>10/22
Isn't that a rifle? Am I being baited?

He said that it's a good platform to learn how to shoot and he's not wrong. A rifle for a new user such as a 10/22 is a great choice.

Handgun for self-defense, possibly to an hero with.
I don't know anything, but from what online research I've done, I was looking at a 357/38 special revolver. I read that it might be good because of being able to switch between the two types of ammo, with the cheaper/lighter rounds for getting used to handling a gun, and the more powerful rounds for actually fulfilling its purpose.

what's your favorite pokemon

I thought this is a thread about handguns that's all.

For the .357/38 special revolvers, I believe only one of them can use both types of ammo and the other cannot, so do your research and be careful about things like that.

It's ok. If he buys a 38 special revolver, .357 literally will not fit, too long. Vice versa works tho

Don't kill yourself with a gun, not only is there a distinct possibility of only giving yourself brain damage, gun suicides are used to pad the statistics of gun violence. As far as self-defense goes are you looking for home defense or concealed carry?

Yeah, but still it's a good idea to know how to work a rifle if you're going to own any firearms imo. 10/22s are cheap, and you could always get a .22lr pistol too.

You want a 10/22 like the other guy said. There are .22 pistols as well, but I can't give any recommendations. Best bet is to have friends that shoot and ask to join them when they go to the range or hunting.

What do you think of the Gun Laws in the United Kingdom?
Personally, i think the long process of getting a gun is good, because it prevents crazy people from just buying a gun; but the restrictions on guns and calibers are pointless.

You conceal carry a 1911? What are you, retarded?

Noble idea, but unrealistic in today's society. Even effectively armed, the average American is too soft, complacent, lazy, and averse to difficulty, hardship, and inconvenience to mount a successful insurgency against the government.

OP here, that was my response. No, you aren't being baited. I would recommend anyone first learn the fundamentals of shooting with a rifle before using/owning a handgun.

No, I usually carry a S&W .38. I do own two 1911s, but not for EDC.

I think the process for obtaining a firearm should be an exhaustive one, but I don't agree with limiting caliber or platform, especially not based purely on aesthetics and fear mongering.

What do you think of RIP Ammo?
The one that breaks up into one main bullet and loads of mini metal shards.

I think it's fucking stupid and kitschy.

Care to explain why you think that?

>kitschy.
That word... I do not think it means what you think it means.

It's flashy shit made for tasteless people who don't know better.

Overpriced, feeding issues, and no real improvement in penetration, damage or effectiveness in stopping a threat over conventional ammo.

Not user, but it's basically a low mass bullet designed to break apart on impact. Ballistics gel tests show that you can replicate the effects of RIP with a .22lr round followed by .22lr ratshot. You're paying upwards of $2 per round for an objectively inferior cartridge.

There is a certain hokey garishness to the round.

>Gun-owning, concealed-carrying liberal
Pick one nigger lover

Kitsch is pic related. That round is just overkill for murdertards who can't aim.

The two aren't mutually exclusive, dipshit, despite what Fox News and Breitbart tell you.

>nigger lover
Stay classy, inbred. Right while I put one through your teeth and watch it POP right out the back of your neck.

Hey OP, I'm the same. Where do you live?

faggots like you get shot with their own guns

What do you carry? Im in the same boat sans pistol, but I was looking at a compact 9mm. Was lookin at a G19 but theres been some feed issues so I'm keeping my ears out for alternative.

>also fuck off back to /k/

South Florida

It's edgy kitsch.

I don't blame you for carrying if you live there.

I normally carry a S&W .38, because I like the reliability of a revolver for personal defense, and it's compact and easy to conceal while dressed comfortably in the heat here. When it's cool enough to wear more clothing, I carry my Sig P227.

True story.

Killing niggers

So I use this when they run up and try to jump me from behind? Perfect idea!

How do you CCW a hand held cannon?

i really don't understand you realize almost all liberals want to take your guns from you... how can you support them? but i supose theres some wierd people out there... i'm a pro choice, atheist conservative republican

Why do you think that me being a liberal means that I support any and all liberals?

>faggots like you get shot with their own guns
Keep telling yourself that while I up my practiscore and win USPSA matches just thinking of you.

>Handgun for self-defense
Can't go wrong with a 9mm Glock. Semi-automatic pistols have several advantages over revolvers e.g. more rounds and faster reloading.
>possibly to an hero with.
Don't. If you fuck up suicide with a gun, you'll regret it.

>liberal
Classical liberal or the SJW type of "liberal" we have nowadays?

Not OP, but I'm a pretty dedicated California liberal, and I have over 30 guns and a CC permit in 3 counties. You spend too much time reading conservative click bait bullshit on normiebook.

You would want a Marlin 60, or 795. It's more accurate out of the box than the Ruger 10/22 and it's also cheaper. Chambered in 22 lr is a great starting rifle.

Moderate liberal. I can't stand the SJW and antifa types any more than the fundy conservative and alt-right types.

because of the very definition of the word liberal... "a lot of" coffee is people... sugar is government.... do you prefer a liberal or conservative amout of sugar with your coffee?

I support reasonable taxation and responsible government spending that benefits the citizenry through social works and programs, infrastructure, education, and healthcare, as well as limited industry and market regulation.

I like a spoonful of sugar to cut the bitterness, but I don't want my coffee to taste like syrup.

>I support reasonable taxation
Taxation (theft) is never reasonable, you fucking commie.

Build your own fucking road then.

What do I need those for?

libertarians are cancer

lmao he got you

Grow up, you self-absorbed Randian fucking child.

libertarians are basically communists

double think its how they all work over there

Why do you want people to die?

Born on third base and think they hit a fucking triple.

So that they die and I live. Is that unreasonable?

>open borders
>want to give the jews already in charge a blank check (via market deregulation)

checks out

You didn't build that.

Or some of us aren't too fucking stupid and spoon-fed our beliefs to think that every liberal or conservative must agree with every other liberal or conservative and every opinion they hold.

i like the cut of your jib