Does anyone have an pet moth, was wondering if people actually do that?

Does anyone have an pet moth, was wondering if people actually do that?

also moth thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hi3x7Iy8nyU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

heres another one, i think moths are qt.

I, too, love moths
Sadly they don't live very long. Most bugs don't and that's why they arent often kept as pets. Im sure you could find some native grubs and raise them though

i was really hoping someone actually had one of them giant moths as a pet, i think that would be really cool, dunno what you'd feed it thou

Many adult moths don't have mouths at all actually. They eat a ton as grubs and only get to fly and fuck as adults. There's a facebook page called bughaus or something that's run by some 20 year old kid who owns and breeds all sorts of bugs. He owns several atlas moths at least

holy shit, that's amazing, i had no clue, thanks for the info

i just discovered the joys of moths recently, so if you could, please dump moth images so we can have more threads like this

No prob

youtu.be/hi3x7Iy8nyU
It was Insecthaus btw, not bughaus

thats amazing OwO

dont they have really short lifespans?
but yeah i love moths

whenever i find one in a closed room/building/whatever i just gently take them out. hoping for a mothqueen to grant me mothgirls in the future.

m-m moths are not for lewd! NOT for lewd!

but they certainly are for hugs

that i agree wtih, and gentle patting,

Did somebody say moth girls?

I love finding the huge ones Indoors.. they feel so cuddy shuffling around on your fingers

Ill dump what I have on mobile! I wish I had more pics of local finds

i hate it when people freak out when they see a moth, they're literally harmless, i bet they just want to cuddle aswell

thank frendo

So cute

My girlfriend use to keep silkworms all the time as a hobby, and even collected the silk. Then she would let the moths when they changed. It's a simple easy hobby.

Worst thing they do is nibble at cloth and make a mess when they die. I dont get moth hate.

I dont get bug hate in general tbh when its not directed towards a pest

what did she keep them in, an aquarium? also what did she feed them/how did she collect the silk? i kinda want to get into that and take pictures of my moths before i let them go

yeah, as long as it's not a cockroach, i dissaprove insect hate

i'd want to kiss that one so much, but i'd be afraid i'd hurt her.

generally compared to many insects, moths are really, REALLY pretty.

Just in little mesh cages, when grown. And show boxes when larval. Feed with some leaves, mulberry leaves if you can. But some pet stores sell moth good actually xD

i only eradicate mosquitoes on sight. i hate those fuckers. and they seem to love me...

anyway, i have 0 reason to hurt any other insect, so...

i could consider hornets, though, as those fuckers kill bees.

yeah, flies, mosquitos, hornets maybe and cockroaches the rest are actually kinda qt

hmm, gonna have to look around pet stores when i get the chance

Hornets were designed to be cunts. They have no other purpose other than being a piece of shit.

I dislike ants when theyre inside my house and certain kinds of cockroaches. i love spiders because they eat the mosquitos, flies and wasps

and most of all, 90% spider species are really cute

Yes they are

Here's a few more of this fella I found in my garage

this is now an general insect thread?

It can be, though spiders are arachnids

fuck, beautiful

Y E S
E
S

Same as before with no filter

That is one beautiful Black Witch Moth. I have too many cats to get to see any that big around my house

oh, how many cats do you have?

Black Witch moth, thanks for the info! I took this pic 5 years ago and have still yet to see anything like it

are mooths allowed?

tbh i've never seen a moth this big, i've only seen the small ones, which are still cute

2 personally, but theres a gang of 4 or 5 that live around my house.
Black and white witch moths are masters of camouflage. They look so convincingly like tree bark when they stand still

you motherfucker...

do you feed the other cats as well?

These guys look like an actual pokemon but their caterpillar form has fuzzy spines that will fuck you up

where can i get one? i want to pat it

Yeah. We fill two bowls on our front porch for them and try to nab kittens and take them to catch and release

oh they're strays? feeding strays is nice, i like you

sigh, time to abandon thread i guess, thanks for the moths guys, we can try some other time

Aw, shucks. I mean it keeps them from stealing my cats' food too. I wish more people knew about catch and release programs so the feral populations would die down a bit, but i cant stand to see any animal suffer.

For me the reason why i hate bugs/insects in general is not because of how they look, it's because the get everywhere. And i mean fucking EVERYWHERE. There's just no safe space from these creatures.....

What was it?

What was the deleted post?
This is a comfy thread to eat lunch to

So do, like, humans man.

the watches at 0.1 faggots
we can stay here, but i'm going to go afk for a bit, if thread is still alive once i'm back, thats great, if not then damn, i'll have more moths for another time

What is the deal with those watches? I don't understand why I've been seeing them everywhere.

i don't know either man, i just know they can easly ruin threads

anyways be back in like 30 mins, gotta get ready for work

i've only ever seen those big one. Never those small ham radio antenna looking ones.

post pictures if you have them

All I can say is FUCK cockroaches, FUCK house centipedes, and FUCK earwigs. Everything else is fine, I used to keep spiders and moths as pets and help them grow

in general, not really. Why?

And FUCK misquotes. Don't forget the mosquitoes!