Which professional athletes have you met, Sup Forums?

Which professional athletes have you met, Sup Forums?

none

Met Damian Lillard once.

I went to the Matt Light football camp in high school, TV really does not do a good job of showing how big linemen really are.

Met most of these guys at the former All-Star Cafe in Fresno. Others ran into around LA and Bay Area.

Tim Mcdonald
Ronnie Lott
Jim Plunket
Jerry Rice
JJ Stokes
Joe Montana
Dana Stubblefield
Bill Romanowski
Troy Brown
Tim Brown
Oscar De La Hoya
Lennox Lewis

unironically met john elway. got his autograph. also ivan cordoba

Michael Irvin; actually a really cool dude

Eric Bledsoe. When I studied at Northern Arizona University he used to come to our gym to work out since we're way up in the mountains and the high elevation makes exercise much more intense.

He was super autistic and nice. I would grab his shots and pass them back to him and we talked about anime and wrestling. His favorite anime is Cowboy Bebop and his favorite wrestler is Razor Ramon.

Tony Oliva

I spit beer on Dan Marino's shoes when I was a little kid. Met a bunch of other Dolphins players I don't remember that well too.

Met Jim Leyritz and his kids, they were all really cool.

Met Jeff Conine when I was 11, his kid played for an opposing Little League team.

I watched Keyon Dooling embarrass my dad and his friend in a 2-on-2 game at the Y.

My cousin played for the Mets, Angels, Reds, and a Jap baseball team.

Met the greatest pitcher of all time in Miami. Super nice and appreciative guy.

Hakeem Olajuwon at the DFW International Airport in the early 90's, he was with an old woman who I presumed was his mother. Nice guy, seemed to be in a hurry though.

Emmitt Smith at the Galleria of Dallas about 10 years ago, he was walking with some entourage of his I guess, just stopped to shake my hand and say hi.

myself, my teammates, every one we've played against

enjoy your 9-5

Chris Cooley signed a shirt of mine when I was in high school

was exiting the 2013 BCS Championship game in Miami and saw Trent Richardson leaving in the same area as me, he was heading down to the field for the trophy ceremony and I yelled WAR EAGLE at him and he told me to fuck off

was bretty gr8 after ND just gotten absolutely shitted on

magic and kareem. the goat duo. celtic fags btfo.

bledsoe watches japanese cartoon. damn

>jap baseball team

d-did he marry a nice waifu?

I don't know, haven't seen him in a while. He did bring a Jap girlfriend back with him, but idk if they're still together.

It's weird, I thought Japs hated blacks.

Met Tim Tebow at a Macy's event in NYC, got my picture taken with him

He was a very nice guy

I was surprised at how many Broncos and Florida fans there were

Japs either love or hate Americans, regardless of race.

Yeah well his gf must have loved Americans a lot, she was really sweet, spoke great english, and even tolerated me (I was like 12 and in my weaboo phase at that age so you can imagine what I was like around a cute adult jap woman)

did you ask her with animu she was in?

lmao this nigga parents made him go to fat camp and told him it was a "Matt Light football camp"

Byron Jones lives in my building in Dallas. I've met him twice now, he's pretty cool and chill.

I have met, and played against Eric Ebron, TE for the Lions, and DJ reader, DT for the Texans. Both are from Greensboro and went to different schools. Ebron was so good that he played DE, but he honestly gave 0 effort and I held my own entirely against him(helped that he was basically targeted every single play on offense so as the game went along he became winded). DJ reader was a 280 LB Defensive end, he raped me alive and probably gave me a concussion. All good though because I have a state championship ring and they dont :)

Jerry Rice played at a golf tournament here. He wore all red - pants and shirt - which was pretty funny. He got plenty of rum and cokes before the round.

I also met a couple of other lesser-known former NFL guys. Ran into one out at the bars later. Pretty cool, easy to talk to. They were surprised I recognized them.

Met countless Rams, Blues and Cardinals stars growing up because my dad was the manager of a Hooters in St.Louis and after home games a lot of guys would go there for wings and beer. Cool as shit.

My friends dad used to work in the front office for the Minnesota Timberwolves and was babysat by Kevin Garnett and now he's in the front office for the Raptors and he's shot hoops with Vince Carter and Chris Bosh and hung out with Demar Derozan and Kyle Lowry. Didn't believe him till he showed me pictures. Apparently any time Drake wants tickets for friends and guest he has to text his dad to get them.

Is John Cena a professional athlete?

No, but I did try to slip a couple Japanese words/phrases into a conversation. She was really sweet about it, either she thought it was cute or she was just playing along to be polite.

>TV really does not do a good job of showing how big linemen really are.

Yeah it's crazy, linemen, especially pro linemen, are like fucking mutants. I met this one dude from Miami, Jeff Cross, and he was a literal giant. Could have snapped my neck with one hand if he wanted to, I was ultra-careful around his daughters for the rest of the day bc I didn't want to give him an excuse.

I sat on the bench of my high school's basketball team as we faced Lebron's high school. Does that count?

I saw Aaron Rodgers at a grocery store in Green Bay yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I was on the bench when Brandon Knight (Pinecrest) destroyed my high school team (AHS). Seeing him get wrecked by NBA players really gave me a new appreciation for how incredibly good they are.

Yeah, it's crazy seeing just how far beyond normal humans pro athletes are. My cousin and I used to dream of being pro baseball players, and our godfather was a pro so we begged him to do batting practice with us. Seeing him smash by best pitches like 250+ feet without even exerting himself was almost demoralizing.

As much as hard work matters, there's a genetic component too. If you're good enough to even be a benchwarmer in the pros, you're so beyond any normal person playing your sport that it's basically a joke to you.

*my best pitches

Primary school friend of mine got drafted into our biggest national soccer club when we were like 10. He was always ridiculously good, but since then he's become unbeatable. He now plays for their youngster team and has played a couple games with the main team. He will likely be drafted for next season as a full member of it.

On a less related note, I played some Age of Empires 2 with a tourneyfag and that too was unwiinable every time. I even drummed up 6 more decent players for a 7v1 but it didn't help.

Also this is the wrong thread. I'm supposed to be in the /f1/ general, I'm lost help.

>If you're good enough to even be a benchwarmer in the pros, you're so beyond any normal person playing your sport that it's basically a joke to you.

My jr. high football head coach rode the bench for the Vikings for a few seasons and he took us to two city championships. Kinda unfair, bunch of part-time teachers turned coaches at the other schools while ours was once a professional football player.

>duo
thats cute

Jason Witten. And I was really young but when I was getting to the field level for training camp, a couple of linemen were in a hurry but one was really behind. I ran up to him and asked for an autograph and he pretty much went "eh sure I'm late as it is" Signed a football and went to practice

Vince Carter dunked on me

Had something similar happen in my HS. We were one of those rich private schools, so we paid had 3 ex-pros on the payroll as our coaches (Dolphins, Packers, and Giants respectively).

One time, one of the coaches got so angry with our QBs that he showed them how to throw properly. Flawless spirals, right on target, every time, and he was a safety!

Shoutout to Coach Rumph, you were the best coach and best temporary substitute chemistry teacher I ever had.

Plus he wasn't arrogant about any of it. He told us straight up that almost none of us would go pro, said that even the one or two of us who would go pro would probably have short careers, encouraged us to focus on our studies and shit, he subbed in for one of my classes once (he didn't even half to because he was making bank with the school) and flat-out told us "I know even less about this than you, let's learn together".....all-around terrific dude.

*didn't even have to do it

And the school was seriously rich as fuck. My little bro is going there now and he told me they just build their own parking garage. I was so lucky to go there.