What actual relevant contribution have the nordic countries made to the world?

What actual relevant contribution have the nordic countries made to the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_race
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_countries
youtube.com/watch?v=dMoaJCd6qMk
youtube.com/watch?v=G8O79uP0JmM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They made Ikea, duh. Also, lego. And Andersen wrote some books.

ABBA

Linux

We invented text messages and jumpstarted mobile phones.

Swedes have done a lot of shit in biology.

Danes have uhmmm legos?

Norwegians have uhmm öhmm cheese slicer?

Icelanders have uhmm rotten sharks?

White wimmin

tf,tp/10

Are you nokias really considered scandinavian? I mean, i guess you are, territoricaly.

Dynomite

Not skandi, nordic

This is basically the only relevant thing here people should care about

>nordic
You are finno ugoric tho.

Ok. Impressive. But have they made an actual contribution to humanity? Like domesticating corn or potatoes, or coming up with a law system, or creating a language or a moral system? Srsly, real contributions
>inb4
The potatoes the world consumes since the 18th century, were developed by chilean aboriginal farmers.

And?

Wasn't this built over chinese shoulders?

sauna

Well, since finland is considered a self-governing Swedish territory, yeah.

It means you are not nordic, pekka.

You are not implying that finns are not nordic you can't be that uneducated

Well, since sweden is considered a slef-governing danish territory, yeah.

I agree. But on paper we're nordic.

>posting kangbait

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_race
"However, Finns seem to mark an exception in European genetic groups, as they seem not to share strong genetic relationship ties with other European countries, but instead appear to be genetically a rather isolated group."

That's common amongst coastal aboriginals in colder climates. Ours had "sauna" as well. You don't know about it because your ancestors got so fucking rekt by them that they had no chance to get to know their saunas (i believe they had saunas in north america as well, not sure tho)

Sauna or banya is big thing in the most cold-climate countries.

United the Kingdom

You have a different way of defining nordic then

They are nordics, but genetically closer related to russians

So what, they have been living in the northern region for centuries now. You sound like a second generation irish inmigrant in NY trying to convince Tyrone that he is not american. Get a fucking education lad. And stop stealing pens.

>centuries

Try 3-4 millennia

>You sound like a second generation irish inmigrant in NY trying to convince Tyrone that he is not american. Get a fucking education lad.
>you can't be that uneducated
Is education so hard to get in Chile, why are you so obsessed with it? Explain to me then, how are finns are nordics or show me some info.
>stop stealing pens
What are you even talking about?

FIngolia!

>The Nordic countries or Nordics[1] are a geographical and cultural region in Northern Europe and the North Atlantic, where they are most commonly known as Norden (lit., "The North"). They consist of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden, including their associated territories (Greenland, the Faroe Islands, and the Åland Islands).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_countries

Just FYI Nordic is normally used as a cultural term, if you mean north-germanics you should just say north-germanics. Or Skandis

Explain to me, pekka, what is the difference between nordics and Scandinavians then, if im not understanding the term right.

More like thousands of years

This. Stupid spic poster.

Scandinavians are northern germanics who live on the scandinavian peninsula. Denmark-Norway-Sweden

Okay then, i get it.

>Explain to me then, how are finns are nordics or show me some info
Don't need to, here >>stop stealing pens
What are you even talking about?
Don't be so serious. Just bantz. True tho :youtube.com/watch?v=dMoaJCd6qMk

It is a historical and cultural region in Northern Europe characterized by a common ethnocultural North Germanic heritage and mutually intelligible North Germanic languages.

Also a Danish overseas territory, are sometimes included, as sometimes are Iceland, Finland and the Finnish autonomous region of the Åland Islands, because of their historical association with the Scandinavian countries and the Scandinavian peoples and languages. This looser definition almost equates to that of the Nordic countries. In Nordic languages, only Denmark, Norway and Sweden are commonly included in the definition of Scandinavia.

>This. Stupid spic poster.
Get your eyes checked fatty, and your liver.

>Texas
>not hispanic

Oh bro you need to delet that post at once. My aunt checks my browsing history and she wont be pleased with it. I might be in trouble. Go now. delet

>liver
check'd

Nordics contribution to humanity. Motherfucking K: youtube.com/watch?v=G8O79uP0JmM

Swedes do pretty well when it comes to nobel prizes. Out of them some are useful, others not so much, but it indicates that Sweden has some decent scientists.

Swedes just give nobel prizes to themselves. They can fuck off.

Obvious bias

Uh how about one of the standardized temperature systems still used all over the world today?