How can an album that came out in 2015 have aged this badly?

How can an album that came out in 2015 have aged this badly?

I mean, I love this album, but it feels 2015 so fucking much.

The music industry hasn't changed much since 2015. The album is clearly steeped in that liberal (like actual politically liberal not the conservitard maymay) tempered optimism that followed Obama's election in 08, and the political landscape has changed so much since then that it's difficult to see the album as anything but a relic of a different time, even though it's way more recent than a lot of other albums that came out around 2010 and still sound like they could have been released today (imo MBDTF fits here).

That doesn't make TPAB bad, it's just a fact.

What are we going to do w/music that mentions Trump

I mean there was a lot of music mentioning Reagan/Bush..but the Trump thing...it's too easy for one

Drake's albums feel dated and boring three months after they've been released.
A lot of hip-hop is in the moment and doesn't hold up well, nobody's gonna be bumping Magnolia in a year.

There was a LOT of shitty anti-Bush media back in the day user. Seriously, go back and look. You will physically cringe at the constant rehashing of the same 3-4 easy jokes.

>muh texan values
>muh oil
>muh simple speak
>muh guns

Repeat ad nauseum for 8 painful years. Most bad Trump shit will fade shortly after the end of his term 0-8 years from now.

that's the issue with music that is relevant to today, its great at the time but makes the album age quickly

I don't really think it's about the subject matter, it's more about the production. A lot of the same shit that was happening during the era of NWA is still alive and rampant, the only thing is the styles of have changed.

And these days music technologies/pop sounds change a lot. Stuff from 2013 already sounds incredibly fucking old.

GKMC has aged so much better which is why I believe it's an actual instant classic. The themes presented in the album can resonate with all current and future generations. Thats why it's his best album, and those who put TPAB above it are completely ignorant.

I never call an album the best of its year until like two or three years later and this is one of the reasons why

you and I both know there's only one artist putting out timeless music in tde
has any of kendrick's music stood the test of time

This.

I mean, Magnolia has entered the same category as songs like Panda, Bad & Boujee, and Black Beatles. But trap in general moves at an incredibly fast pace, and most albums are forgotten within a month after release, which is why so mane trap rappers release multiple projects a year to stay relevant.

implying he has a chance of getting re elected

GKMC was really meant to be heard just once. Its like a David Cage game.

Switch TPAB and you are right

The replay value of GKMC is waaaay higher than TPAB

theyre both 4 letters, im just retarded

It's disgusting cycle and I hate it. XO Tour Lif3 might have staying power, and Black Beatles. Rae Sremmurd is massively underrated.
I hate the expiration date music though and the culture that surrounds it, niggas be looking at me like I got three heads cause I'm gettin lit to an A$AP Ferg song from 2013.

because social justice became such a shit show the past two years that now you recognize all of the hypocrisy in the lyrics and how pathetic they are

I mean if there's one thing I trust the Democratic Party to do it's spectacularly fuck up every opportunity they have

Preach.

This is what everyone was saying even a quarter of the way through the votes being tallied.

>Hillary has a 98% chance of winning.

>it's ok to hate black people because sjws are annoying

kys

you're worse than actual racists, you're cowardly betas who only go by what is socially acceptable

It was never all that good to begin with :\

It was a kitchen-sink album that had some decent moments and had the illusion of depth because it had A+++ production with every trick, feature, and sound effect in the book. It'll go down as one of those all-time great albums that curiously no one ever wants to actually listen to anymore...

>over 20 million spent on ossoff
*breathe in*
AAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA