How the fuck did jay z get famous?

How the fuck did jay z get famous?

Was her a producer or some shit. Cause all his songs are shit...99 problem's, hard knock life, link in park. What else.

How was he famous in the early 90s with no good songs. When Dre and snop were already big and 2 PAC was dead and Jay z signing about Annie n shit.

Explain - someone black person who knows why please

Fuck niggers and fuck rap.

because the music industry told you that he was better.
we're puppets to the music execs

i'm sure you're loving them rascall flatts and
trace atkins fag hillbilly shit

Jay z was around when 2pac was alive, 2pac dissed him which kind of helped put him on

lots of luck, but more importantly, for all the shittyness he has, he has one good trait most folks lack.
he was the opposite of a procrastinator.
in the ghetto, they like to call that 'a hustler' but that romanticises it and will piss off the racists on b (see above)
the truth is, getting off your ass and moving is an underrated skill that this motherfucker had in spades (kek).
where you sit and delay, he moved.
it's hard to quantify it by reading about him, but the more you read, the more glaringly obvious it becomes.
and before you assume i'm a fan, I'm not,
ha hate the nigger and hate him more because women like him.
but credit where credit is due: I don't deny reality just because i hate niggers

t. Nigger lover

Because white Americans are desperate to be the object of their derision.

all rap is shit, its promotes a violent and disrespectful life style, that shit needs to be banned for the sake of civilization.

So you're basing all of this on just his singles?

His nostrils. They're huge, possibly magical.

Cringe/10

probably alone with no GF

>still using this argument

nah don't listen to rap or your honky tonk
bullshit, you all fucking suck

What the fuck are you repeating nothing for. You didn't say anything

Fuck off

truth never fades.
a disease sticks until its cured.

As opposed to what you coon

hehe Sup Forums

#Token

>So you're basing all of this on just his singles?
Oh, just his singles sucked....

He's right you know

Big lips

Right place right time

The rest of his discography maybe?

this
/thread

because hes a big stupid nigger that mumbles into a microphone, and thats what other stupid niggers think music is

Like....what is a good album. Why is it good. Explain more better

>Hey Jay Z this is Mr. Fame do you want to make the famous
>Yeah when do I start
>You already did

That's how.

/thread

Who let this nigger sit on the train?

Www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RIClI0ok9w

He was like (And I hate saying "like" in this context), in the middle of being an old school rapper and the newgen white boy party rapper.

he is a singing black man in modern America

Agreed. The guy hustled and put his work in.

The missing piece from that puzzle is how opportunistic he was. Look at how he really cashed in on Biggie's death.

Hip/hop/rap (not gonna include R&B) album filler is among the most notoriously terrible of any genre, especially of that era. Don't get me wrong there are some solid hip hop albums out there, but my god how much of it was just nonsensical skits and wasted collaborations trying to promote other artists and other dick riding buffoonery.

34 replies and yet no one can answer it.

How the fuck

see

I see pretty good to half assed explanations there as well as every other response just saying he's a nigger.

If only that K9 unit got there in time this nigger would be rotting in a jail cell.

This is a true story that has never been known or told unless you attended.

In 97 in a show in Hollywood I attended. One of the wake up show concerts.
Jay Z's was boooed of the stage while performing "ain't no njgger like the one I got" .
He didn't even get to finish the song. Ice-T was in the crowd.
Same show Nas and Mob Deep performed.

Fuck that faggot Jay Z

Jay Z is the most consistently overrated rapper to ever live. Even more so than biggie.

black power, mother fucker. it built the pyramids.

Nas said it best in Ether

"Foxy got you hot ‘cause you kept your face in her puss"

because he beefed with Nas

Oi vey that boy's gay that's all they say lookin' boy.

How do you sell for free?

How did 2pac diss him? I don't remember that

illuminutty bro

reeee, thats why i posted the Nas album. JayZ was a dickrider until he had a hit song(Nas wrote), made his money and dumped his friends that helped build him up. we oldfags of rap/hip hop know the story and still hate jayz. the newgen rap/hiphop fans dont know the backstory and just hopped on board the dickriding JayZ train.

>JayZ is a backstabbing piece of shit that uses ghostwriters to make his songs.

Badboy killa, jayz die too is what he says, not sure which song exactly. I'm pretty sure it was only released after he died though.

>Was her a producer

M-A-R- Cee- whYYY. Jay-z was goin' hard before you were even born, you little faggot. You have no idea how hard Jay-Z was back in the day. Fuck the jay-z of the 2000's. Rock-a-fella ya'll. Beanie Sigel. Freeway.

Lookin' out for Mobb Deep, nigga when I find you...

Nice generalization bro

Oh alright I'll have to check that out. Hit em up is still top 5 diss tracks ever imo. Love that song. I do kinda hate that he bought so much into the gangster shit when he was obviously not one. But hey he was only 26 and shit I'm 26, and with a crazy ass nigger like Suge in his ear I can see how it happened. Only caused his death tho

Don't one of y'all niggas have sickle cell or somethin?

Jayz is responsible for rap becoming hip-hop and taking it from keepin it real to rapping about bein rich and goin to the club n shit

He is a blight on the industry

>link in park
Lmao ok op you got me good

i dont believe he uses ghostwriters, but only because all his work is trash

>I do kinda hate that he bought so much into the gangster shit when he was obviously not one.
Yeah I never understood this either. Not just because he wasn't one, but because he was obviously so much smarter than them. If you see some of the interviews he did, the guy had a healthy brain on him. But yeah, I guess that whole deathrow situation was pretty toxic.

>rap becoming hip-hop
what do you mean

kys you fucking pussy

He really wasn't one though user. He was a dancer at some art school in New York before he rapped. Most people don't even know he's from New York. Also I learned the other day that his uncle was on the FBI top ten wanted list for quite a while back in the day. I'm a big fan of his, have been since I was little and he was alive but I didn't know that

I think the bigger question is how did jackasses like ja rule became big.

And thats exactly why i never liked 2pack

Nigga was a posuer of the highest level, how you gonna act all hard and gangsta then go do a movie with janet jackson?

Fuck that faggot, his music wasnt even that good, he only got big cuz he died

Same with biggie

>He really wasn't one though user
Yes I know, but that's not the most striking thing about it. Plenty of non gangsters pretend to be. His intelligence should have put him above that is what I'm saying.

Jay z ghostwrote Dres chronic 2001. Thats one reason he is richer and more talented you jealous bitch.

>Nigga was a posuer of the highest level
He shot two undercover cops and got away with it. I don't know man, dude was pretty fucking reckless. That's why he died after all, stomping down some random crip in Las Vegas.

His mom was a Black Panther. Also, rock-a-fella ruled the music industry for a couple years there. "Only dudes movin' units? Em, Pimp Juice, and us". That was real shit.

Ja Rule was a big fucking deal in NYC before he even became famous. And Veni Viddi Vicci or whatever was a classic album. He and his daddy Irv Gotti just picked the wrong ones to have a beef with lol.

They were both huge before they died you dumb nigger.

White people, specifically young white teenagers

Ja rule, nelly, basically all southern rappers got popular cuz they were safe and all the white kids heard em on mtv before mtv stopped with music altogether

Southern rap is horrible

biggie was only huge because 2pac dissed him, let's be honest here.

I remember EVERYONE on Ja's first album. That summer, Ja Rule was the hottest rapper alive. "Holla holla. For all my niggas that's ready to get dollahs dollahs". If you were there, you know.

Because dumbass gated community white people kept buying his shit to imagine an artificial thug life in the burbs

All Southern Rap user? You ain't down with T.I.P.? His first 3 or 4 albums are all classics. Certified classics. His first album is trash, the rest? Classic.

thats not even true you fucking retard

Uhhh wtf is this thread

Jayz is arguably the best rapper in history he has been called the best song writer of the last 20 years or so. He isn't my favorite, pic related is but do some research before you post white bois. Oh wait I forgot where I was

>see: Def Jam

Its legitimately the only reason became tycoon status.

>Let's be honest
he says. Lol. You must not have been there. Biggie was huge before the 2pac beef stupid.

Kek

Lol, the other two anons posted before I could.

You're a standard delusional nigger, I forgive you for that.

Hey I'm with you user. I'm tryin' to school these idiots, they won't listen. I never liked the Lox or Jadakiss really, but I'm aware some people love them. 50 cent and T.I. for me.

Yes it is. Only people from New York rate biggie that high.

No he wasn't. Biggie was popular in new york, when the beef started is when he became famous in hiphop.

holy shit this thread...
take me back to the Andrew Sixx shitposts

t. New Yorker rooting for his home team, like every biggie fan ever.

I remember MTV playing "Juicy" on rotation constantly. Also, Big Poppa was on constantly too. That was before the 2pac beef. How are you going to tell me Biggie wasn't popular? I was there, I remember all that. People loved Biggie before I ever heard about him vs. 2pac.

That's cool fans of both of them too

kys

maybe you didn't like his songs, but he was the man back in the day.

No, they werent

As someone who was actually alive then and old enough to remember what happened they were both popular sure, but then they died and all of a sudden literally everyone was a huge pac/biggie fan.

Happens whenever a famous artist dies, happened to michael jackson. Dude was a punchline, a pedophile, a literal joke. Nobody wanted anything to do with the guy, never heard his music on the radio.

He dies and suddenly everyones an MJ fan again, hear his music all the time on the radio

I was never a fan of pac or biggie, or mj for that matter, and if i tell someone that they look at me like i have 3 heads. Like how can you not like them, how dare you.

Fuck that, they were never anywhere near that popular before they died.

All I see are idiots posting low tier rappers.

Outerspace, immortal technique, reef the lost cause, Jedi mind tricks.

These are good rhyme spitters.

I can tell you're a newfag. The only "rap" you know is Bruno Mars.

Freeway, Beanie Sigel, Meek Mills, Jay-Z, Foxy Brown, Lil Kim, Mobb Deep, Biggie, 50 cent, Nas, Busta Rhymes all East Coast Rappers, all went hard in their day.

Wat

spotted the hipster

Yeah I was there. Race against time is a good song

I dont even know who thats supposed to be

Only southern rapper i can stand is ludacris

Forgot the Wu also. Method Man 4 lyfe

In...my... race against time I
Can't stop
Runnin' through the red light, livin' my life
Holy shit user you just took me back! I loved that song too