Did it get panned for being too fun?

Did it get panned for being too fun?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/s-xonK4bLEE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no it's cause it's shit like all anco releases

Personally I had a poor reaction to it because the vocals were annoying.

GOLDEN GAL ON HIS SPLEEN

The better question is are the vocals on this a pleb filter like the noise on spirit and the high frequencies on danse?

No, it got panned because like 5 songs on the album were just "Boys Latin" from Panda Bear Vs Grim Reaper

Nah it got panned because Geologist can't write bass lines for shit

For sure underrated but not one of their best albums. I feel like it's aged nicely in the past year, I kinda understand where they're coming from when they say it's their Rammons album, that 4/4 is unstoppable. Hocus Pocus is still GOAT. It's all really quality driving pop music.

Why do you people get so hung up on the hocketing? I thought it was cool, and even if I didn't I'd be able to see past it and listen to the instrumentation (if it was mixed worth a shit which it isn't, the true flaw in this album)

GET MIXED IN THIS CRIPPLING FIXTURE TRY AND APPROACH THE HIDDEN MIXTURES

release the instrumentals already davey

That's the best song on the album. In fact one of my favourite anco songs. I love the long build up to the chorous and then how it kicks in.

I SEE THE LIGHT FROM OSAKA

GRANPOP

Really annoys me how the people who shat on it and want "old animal collective" back completely ignored Meeting Of The Waters.

In my opinion it just felt half-baked.

floridada is great

It's amazing to me how an album called "Painting With" can sound so colorless, and how a supposedly "summery" album can sound so cold.

couple good tracks, really really not their worst album tho cmon people.
Follow-up EP was good showing better progression as well.

it wasn't fun at all it was kinda boring

what's been the most Annoying AnCo album to date? you really gotta think about this one

it didn't make me happy.

i didnt like it because it was basically lion in a coma: the album

>PW
>colorless and cold
How? It' their springiest album to date

It's not THAT good, user

Might be the worst song they ever made

yepppp

no, it was panned because it sounds like Panda Bear b-sides, and Panda already sucks

Holy shit, I had not heard about this release. Thanks, user!

this

The worst of them all.

Trash album, especially considering anco used to put out such good material like HCTI, in spirit, and sung tongs

I am one of those people and I thought meeting of the waters was great, if anco releases a whole album that is similar to their old stuff it would explode on this board

Absolutely not. When I heard Floridada and Burglars I was hyped as fuck, if every song was as energetic and catchy as these two tracks it could very easily be as good as or better than MPP. Some of the songs just aren't that good, and I know it's a borderline meme now but the Boys Latin vocal hocketing gives the impression of beating a cool sounding technique to death

Danse easily, but it isn't a bad album

Predictions for their next LP?

Peacemaker is the best song to come out of it

everything about this album was annoying

its gonna be slow and droney and trippy, if Mountain Game, Meeting Of The Waters, Sleep Cycle, Eucalyptus, and even some tracks off The Painters are anything to go by

Completely devoid of any melodic content.

not a prediction but for the love of god please kick panda out, he's the sole reason a lot of the recent shit has been shit, meeting of the waters proved this

also, we need D E A K back

The hocketing stops being cool when it appears on 5 songs.

Hocketing grew on me and is a neat way of expressing cubism sonically.
Didn't like it at first but now I would say it's a middle of the pack album, which is really good for AnCo.

An important thing to note is they wrote and recorded it within months. They said (can't remember where) that they wanted to make a quick pop album as opposed to their other albums which take much longer to create and have longer songs.
They also noted that they might use their "watery production" too much and wanted to try something different, which they also did with Centipede.

Yep.

The band is so varied anyone could say that a time period of AnCo is shit.
I agree that Avey hasn't been on vocals as much but other than that its great, the band band members have been working on their solo stuff more and this was a quick pop album to get back together.

Also if you think Centipede is bad you're admitting that you have pleb taste.

Deak popping it on vocals would be crazy. He would have to leak the album like a year before.

The last east coast tour was fucking fire. I went to 5 AC shows last month

The dude I road tripped with filmed this... listen and tell me AC lost their spark lol.

youtu.be/s-xonK4bLEE

It's like a completely new song almost. Their next album will be good. Panda bear told me he's about to realease a 20-25 minute EP and tour in January or so

As a huge fan who was expecting the album to have the same sort of tone Floridada did, it wasn't fun enough.
Glad Meeting of the Waters and Sleep Cycle came out and eased my fears though.

Sleep Cycle is sooo good