Life's short and there are lots of films to watch. What's your play speeds bros? For me it's 2x for flicks, 1...

Life's short and there are lots of films to watch. What's your play speeds bros? For me it's 2x for flicks, 1.5 for films and 1.20-1.25x for kino.

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/53766925
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1.1x for normal viewing experiences, literally no discernable difference. A lot of TV at 1.2-3x

.025x for Kino
.5x films
1x movies
2x flicks

>not watching kino @ .5x to be fully immersed
Pleb

2x for flicks watching two at the same time
1.5x for movies while shitposting
1x for films making notes
0.5 for kino rewatching it at least twice, first upside down, second with the eyes closed and on mute
I've been trying to develop a new formula to find the best way to watch a motion picture, and it's like speed = sen(time)^-q, in which q is a coefficient related to the quality of the director.

Patrish would be friends with

None. Watch them at normal speeds like normal humans, you fucking textbook autists.

>second with the eyes closed and on mute

Hahahhaahahahaha

Thank you

>What's your play speeds bros
make this thread on Sup Forums you faggot

Max plebs

I turn off all the lights, mute the audio, turn off the colors, slow it down to 0.0100x. Reading the lips you can truly hear there voice and understand there character. You let each frame burn into your mind, while this is happening I lightly touch myself, craddling my balls like the director would want. I then close my eyes, bite my lip ever so softly, imaging the rich dialouge enter my brain. Light stroking the shaft as each scene changes. Once it's over I sit in silence and let the cinéma I just saw wash over me.

Did this with Lawrence of Arabia. Best week of my life.

lost

I watch the full film on normal speed with no restroom breaks or snacking in between. After which I write a detailed review and post it to my Letterboxd account.

What the everloving fuck is wrong with you retards

You must be new here.

C A N C E R
A
N
C
E
R

>slow it down to 0.0100x
>Did this with Lawrence of Arabia. Best week of my life.

It would take 15 and a half days to watch Lawrence of Arabia at 0.0100x speed you lying fuck

16x for series
8x for bad flicks
6x for flicks
4x for movies
2x for films
1x for Cinéma
0.25 for Absolute Kínò

Lawrence of Arabia: 228 minutes

At 0.0100x speed: 22,800 minutes

I.e., 380 hours, 15.83 days.

You sir are a liar and a fraud.

its a maymay only true Sup Forums oldfags will understand

ecksdee

frame by frame, progressing to the next only when i have fully absorbed the contents of the current frame. i am lucky to get through a few minutes' worth of a film in a day, but i absorb far more than your average film "fan" so i feel it is worth it

y-you know what they say, every frame is a painting

Threads like these are funny to me at first but then I remember I actually know people who have really done this.

My mom and a friend's mom (who my mom doesn't know) are both confirmed to have done this at least once.

Middle aged women confirmed for Sup Forums posters.

lmao youre wasting time in your life for no reason, it doesnt affect comprehension or appreciation at all and you can watch more cinema

wrong. Unless it's for critical analysis for a project or an article or perhaps your own version of editing/study. You have no business meddling with an artists/director/editor's vision.
correct

The rest of you should be ashamed of yourselves. I'm not joking.

Hi newfag

Here's Sup Forums's official guide to patrician watching:

Flicks: 8x speed, muted with your own music playing if you so choose
Movies: 4x speed, and it is recommended having a tab open in the background filled with nude pictures of the actresses from the movie
Film: 2x speed, no boards other than Sup Forums and Sup Forums may be browsed whilst watching
Cinéma: 1.25x speed, limit of 3 Sup Forums tabs open at any one time
Kino: 1x speed, full screen in the dark, no distractions or breaks
Charme Discret: 0.5x speed, with only /r/truefilm allowed open in the background

Me I keep /r/films open

Have you actually seen the image unless youve stared at it for at least 10 uninterrupted minutes?

patrician af
ikr, it's so easy to miss on details

By then it's probably seen you.

usually watch it 1.2. for flicks i watch it on one screen while i do some stuff on the other.

vimeo.com/53766925

>not superimposing 1x on top of -1x to reveal themes of duality, linguistics, and disruptive innovation

Underage b& and/or low IQ b& and/or ADD b&

How can such a large muscular man look so much like a faggot?

that post inquires me to ponder

to catch up on TV I download the subtitles (if not included as is most often the case) and then run it at 2x. This allows to quickly catch up on the latest pop culture phenomenon vis a vis Game of Throne

satantango in 0.25 la

by being one perhaps?

an equilibrium of opposing reflection

Isn't that the beauty of it though? Being one with it?

I play shows I know I don't really give a shit about in 2x. Like Arrow, which is only worth watching ironically but even then it isn't worth it unless its on double time

>When it meets
Trippy

you're such a loser holy shit

This thread was literally the first time I've laughed in almost a year.

>Not stretching the audio through paulstretch to x times slower and listening to it as you play the video at x^10 speed to truely understand the cyclical nature of time

I'm convinced those people who spot stuff that is there for few seconds do this, sometimes they come up with stuff in reviews that probably not even the director noticed.

hand out those (you)s and keks then, anons need to know when they're funny or they might lose motivation. You also don't want the unfunny posters to think you're talking about them

I calculate the speed with this formula:

1 + (( 9 - [IMDB score]) / 10 ) * ( [runtime]/90 )

Comedy is plebian and deserves no (you)s.

(you)s are only for conversational replies and Kino

commentkino needs keks

so for instance, shawshank would be 13.66x?

jfc i need out of this place

Fuck I aint even near this level of patrician

I fast forward through most scenes. I once watched Bergman's filmography in 56 seconds

I think you should try it out.

lost

when you get a book adapted into a film, does anyone else play the film on mute then make the audiobook play really fast so it finishes right as the credits roll? I really liked The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo this way

What formula do you guys use to determine a motion picture's kinographic value? I prefer the Roman method.

Phrygian method for me

>Roman method
Patrician taste

I browse Sup Forums, so I watch my films at 0% speed.

I read all books, watch all documentaries and specials, and engage with all media about the director, the stars, the producer, the state of film at that time in that country. I read every review I can find. I start a general thread about the movie on here.

Then it's time to start the film:
Skim the first scene at x2 then skip to the last at x2. Then I scan a still from each of the middle scenes. After that I take out the physical dvd and snap it in two. I download a copy of the film (no guilt felt because I bought a copy and am owed another) which I never actually watch because I'm too busy posting.

wow that's complicated

me I just put a copy on my flash drive and stick it up my butt for massive absorption

If you're not buttchugging your kino you're filth

yall niggers cannot into maths

>not melting the flash drive and lathering the liquid product all over your chest

>not watching everything on 4x speed
you are like a baby.

Sorry if I'm giving ideas that might seem novel to me, but a refined gentleman as yourself think are too obvious and rudimentary to even put in your post, but here are some things I have been putting to use lately.

1)View the kino dubbed in a language you aren't familiar with and without subtitles. That way you can judge a character by their actions and expressed feelings, without it being muddled by their retoric.

2)Get a hand of the script and have a friend, loved one or paid assistand remove everything that isn't dialogue or the way it's delivered. That way you can judge a character by their words and intentions, but not whether or not they're succesful.

this is why i watch anime

>not being able to completely understand the movie's content by glancing at its poster
can't believe i share the same board with all these shallow-ass chowderheads.

>reality shows 1.8x for good shows 3.5-8x for shit or catch up

>kino 1.2x

>shows 1.7x

>flicks 1.5x

>tunes 1.2x

>films 1.0x you fucking pleb

>pictures 1.2x

>Sup Forums 2x

>Reddit 8x

I don't have a 144hz monitor yet so I've had to watch film at 1.25 speed to turn 24fps into 30 fps otherwise I get judder.

I do this for joints, flicks, movies and cineramas, but for films, cinéma, cinématographe, photoplay and kinó it's worth it to actually watch the work. Although I can understand cinéma and cinématographe from the poster, full enjoyment requires watching. Photoplay and kinó are mandatory to watch in my experience because it's the only way to actually understand them.

So for me it's:
>films 6x
>cinéma 4x
>cinématographe 2x
>photoplay 1.5x
>kinó 1.3976x

I remember when I was like you. Then I found NZT.

>You sir
reddit

>reddit
reddit

well spotted user

*upvotes*

>>reddit
>reddit

>>>reddit
>>reddit
>

>>>/waifuist/

What did he mean by this?

>>>/9fag/

This shit is a really old Something Awful meme afaik.

Speeding up kino is retarded. Skipping over all the boring parts (every movie kino or not has those no matter how good the movie is, you know it's true) is the only way to watch kino.

i posted this while watching rlms review for ant-man with the sound off but captioned at 2.66x btw

>he still watches flicks and movies
I only watch kinography and cinerama. Both at .2568 speed to really enjoy the composition of each shot.

>wasting your precious time on anything but kino

2x for dramas/documentaries

1.5x for action/comedies

lel, fredposting has truly gone out of hand
The most extreme version I had saved was this

Anyone watched the opening of Quantum of Solace slowed down? It actually is much better better because you see more of what is going on

I remembered on these threads the other day, when i struggled with that shit movie Sup Forums advices me. Finished watching it in 3-4 part, last part in ~2x
"Brazil" is a crap dystopian movie

>he still watches cinerama
Only film, cinéma, cinématographe, kinography and photoplay for me

Lmao at these fucking pleb urchins still watching media

I crush the DVD with a mortar and pestle then wrap a tourniquet around my right arm and shoot the fine powder into my blood stream

I know this is a meme but some tv channels actually do this. Its super fucking distracting once you notice it

I had a chemistry-teacher in High School that was a low-key kinophile, and he used to distill Blu-rays into just a few centiliters of liquid and then drip some into his eyes with a pipette.

I think most of the faculty knew about this, but most students didn't suspect a thing until his wife found him OD'd in his study. Apparently he had taken two drops of Snyder's 300 into each eyeball. Nasty way to go.

>low-key
t. wigga

Holy shit I thought the whole kino thing was a shitty ironic Sup Forums meme
I can't believe how pretentious film academia can be

I'll watch a TV show at 1.5 if I have to leave soon.

Gotta cram those ads in somehow.