*blocks your harmony*

*blocks your harmony*

Other urls found in this thread:

tobyrush.com/theorypages/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't get it.

C#, bar 7.

Why is there a rest there? How do you rest and let a note ring out for 6 beats at the same time?

You're a dick.

You're about to get a dickish answer.

C#, bar 7 of Eroica. Significant because C# isn't diatonic to Eb and it's introduced so early.
Cellos and Basses are sometimes written on the same stave in different voices, so in the OP the cellos are playing and the basses have the rest.

you guys are using terms that are hurting my casual listener brain

Do you know how to read sheet music? Do you know about scales?

>tfw recognize the piece immediately without even being given the clef
I want off of Beethoven's wild ride

The ride never ends

Used to play clarinet back in the days, is that an A held for 2 seconds? Anyone help explain to me, I really want to get into music theory though there aren't really any resources I can find.

It's a bass clef so it's a C#
tobyrush.com/theorypages/
This is a good theory site

Beethoven 3, you've had enough - go home.

Does the dot show that its a bass clef? Thanks for the resources.

No, the clef isn't shown. The dot shows that you that you add half the note duration before it - it's a dotted half note, so you add a quarter note to its' length.

no and no

where do I start?

That website

>Does the dot show that its a bass clef?
haven't laughed so hard in a while, thanks illiterate user

okay now I'm memorizing treble and bass clef staffs and yet I don't know what the fuck they are

I don't see the key, so this might as well be an a sharp. However I would appreciate OP posting more harmonic events which interest him. To encourage him/her I made a small one to contribute.

They're just ways of writing down notes. Any note you write on a treble staff you can write on a bass one and vice versa, they're just easier for different registers.

here's another harmony disturber, though we might all be used to it

This thing has many harmony foreign notes, yet still manages to always return to it in a fabulous manner imho

one last, so that I don't disturb the flow of thiss board. I just wanted to show interest.

this one needs to be listened to numerous times but then you are able to distinguish harmonic centers and realize that all of this is still b-minor.