Ok Sup Forums... It's time to stop procrastinating and get your shit done

ok Sup Forums... It's time to stop procrastinating and get your shit done.

Yes, this means YOU. Start TODAY.

Level 1:

Clear your mind, clear your space. Commit to changing your life. If you want to see results, then you must devote yourself each day to work diligently towards that goal. Start by going to bed early and waking up early at the same times every day. Wake up, exercise briefly, take a shower and get dressed. Get into the habit of laying out a clean set of clothes before going to sleep. Have a light breakfast and coffee while you reflect on the things you want to have accomplished by the end of the day. Make this your permanent daily routine, even on your off days. Stop all drugs and alcohol, including cigarettes and vaping (fuck your mouth fedora).

Eliminate as many distractions as possible. A well-lit, distraction-free workspace is like a diet for the mind, it will help you to focus on the task at hand. If possible, rearrange the layout of your room or office. A fresh environment stimulates and inspires the mind. If you work at a desk, keep the top of your desk totally clear except for one task you are working on. No decorations, no photos, no clocks, no calendars. If you work on a computer, clear your desktop of all folders and files and set the wallpaper to a simple color (no image). Never end your day without clearing your space and putting everything away. Never start your day with a space that is not completely clear.

When you are working, plan regular breaks and self-rewards. Strive to eat and drink healthier. Plan and live your daily life according to a schedule that includes specific work and play times. Make a daily to-do list of 3 items and commit to finishing the list every day. Focus on one task before moving on to the next. If you're stuck, move on to the next task and return later to the first. No lasting progress can be made unless you have first established a daily habit of clearing your mind and your personal space.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rN2_0G4t9nQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My gf and I actually try to do this, although I have insomnia and the sleep schedule os hard to mantain, we both do no alcohol, tobacco nor drugs.

Level 2:

Learn to Focus. This first requires you to admit that that you do not know how to focus. But don't blame yourself! You are surrounded by a whirlwind of information, entertainment and endless distractions. You have been trained to consume these things, and have been conditioned to continuously demand more! You have been brainwashed to feel elevated and empowered the more you are able to consume. Yet when faced with simple tasks, you find yourself powerless - a slave to the myriad of pointless distractions. Do not despair. Breaking free requires only your commitment to change, a realization of truth and focused willpower.

For some people, focus is achieved with little more than a comfortable chair and a hoodie sweater. For others, it's a cappuccino and a pair of headphones. You must identify whatever helps you focus, and use that as a tool to get your work done. But beware! Your subconscious mind will try to trick you. Do not fall into the trap of confusing comfort with focus! To a focused person, the most important thing in the world is the task at hand. Nothing else in the world matters, except that one thing. For me right now, the most important thing in the world is this post, trying to help you lazy fucks go out and be productive!

Stop fucking with your phone and put it away. Every task that you undertake, is an opportunity for you to practice your ability to focus. Revel in achieving perfection with your daily tasks. Strive to improve your attention span. Achieving focus requires the same commitment as deep meditation. Test yourself by setting an alarm clock to go off 5 minutes after you have started your task. Leave the alarm sounding while you work. You have achieved the ability to focus properly when the alarm going off continuously in the background is no longer any distraction or concern.

Where do these ideas come from?
I'd buy the book.
I need this.

keep going, OP. good stuff.

Look
youtu.be/rN2_0G4t9nQ

>You have achieved the ability to focus properly when the alarm going off continuously in the background is no longer any distraction or concern.
You have achieved the ability to show up late for work because your alarm was meant to break your focus on sleeping.

Level 3:

Learn to love change. Your subconscious mind has enormous power over your actions. It will continuously play tricks on you and seduce you into maintaining a comfort zone of laziness and complacency. You might think that it's a simple matter to ignore the voices in your head. Do not underestimate this! Countless are the ways that your subconscious mind can control you. These ways are subtle and devious. For every voice that you hear, there are a hundred others that you did not. Overcoming your subconscious mind requires a clear mind, focus, and persistence.

Start by disrupting your comfort zone in small ways. This requires making a change to a small detail of your life, one that will push you out of your comfort zone. For example, switch from whole milk to fat-free, switch the pocket you carry your wallet in, switch from taking a shower before bed to taking one after you wake up, or switch the music you listen to in the morning to something totally new and different. The same small change must be done daily, to disrupt your comfort zone and force your subconscious mind to adapt to a new reality.

Your mind will rebel. It will tell you repeatedly that this is a pointless and stupid exercise. Don't give up! This new behavior will soon become your new comfort zone. You have won a small victory when you feel reluctant to switch back to your old behavior. Once you have achieved learning to love a small change, add a few more, then move up to large ones. The goal is not just changing your comfort zone. You are training your conscious mind to identify and overcome the many tricks and seductions of your subconscious mind. Overcoming the influence of your subconscious mind is one of the most powerful changes an individual can make in his/her life. Once mastered, this simple but powerful skill will help you take charge of any task at hand, and give you the ability to force your mind to love even the tasks that you hate.

100% of people who decide to completely change multiple large aspects of their lives and themselves in a very short period of time end up falling back on comforts and old routines, doubly filled with guilt at their uselessness.

Weaning is a better, more consistent method. Changing things you do A LITTLE at a time has a greater success rate of permanence.

KEK. Funny how you guys have to put so much effort into being a somewhat functional member of society. I aced pretty much every class without studying and have gotten jobs that I have never even gone to school for just because of my brains. My idea of phoning it in would still be a 60k+ a year job with a nice house and car. Feel bad for you fags.

Exactly. Start with small changes... like the ones I described above.

Once your comfort zone is disrupted your mind will adapt to a new reality. Repeat with other small changes and train yourself to overcome the influence of your subconscious mind.

this is great advice.
I was looking forward to do something like this.
Thanks OP

Bump

Level 4:

Awaken. With a clear body and mind, you are now able to think. With a clear environment, you are now free from distraction. With a productive daily routine now established as habit, you are now free from many impulsive behaviors. As a simple magnifying glass has the power to bend the sun's powerful rays into a single point of blinding heat, your willpower can focus your mind's power to a single intense point of clarity. Armed with intelligence and the formidable weapon of focus, you are now able to gather your thoughts and take action with pinpoint accuracy. With control over your subconscious mind, you can now break free from your comfort zone and tackle any task. Now that you can see the trickery of your subconscious mind, you are able to overcome its seductions and find happiness and success - even with the tasks you hate.

Beware the power of your subconscious mind! Every hour that passes these lessons will fade away into the past. Every day that passes, these words will become a distant memory, long lost and forgotten. Always remember that when you are at your weakest, the strength of your subconscious mind is at it's fullest. Lasting change will only be achieved through daily commitment and perseverance.

To the fortunate few who have made it this far. To those who have read these words and not merely looked at them: This is the critical point. This is the beginning of your awakening. Internalize these words and they will remain with you for the rest of your life. Focus and accept truth, and view the world around you from a fresh new perspective. We are all puppets. Forever seduced and controlled by our own invisible strings. Your lifelong struggle will be simply to be able to see these strings. Awaken, and begin to see the strings that are controlling you. Once seen, the strings can easily be cut.

Good job Kev

>my dad works at Nintendo.

Real watches at $0?

MORE. I NEED TO ASCEND

I'm still hoping for a life destroying bait revealing sentence here, OP

Should I apologize that I come from a good family? Yes it gives me somewhat of an advantage but I am not a NEET. I earn my own money.

Level 5:

Minimize. Your mind is both your most powerful asset and your worst enemy. Surely you will never encounter a more cunning and formidable opponent! Your goal is to achieve complete control over your own mind. Controlling your mind gives you control over your body, and control over all your worldly belongings which keep you grounded to this time and place.

You are programmed by society to desire. You labor to feed your insatiable lust for catching the eyes of others. The desire to collect material belongings. The desire to consume and adorn yourself with objects, brand names and corporate logos. Constantly your eyes seek out desirable shapes. Tirelessly your hands work replacing old objects with newer fashionable ones. Beware of the things you own, they will end up owning you!

Owning an object requires that you control it. The more objects you have control over, the less control you have over yourself. Thus, owning fewer personal belongings means increased mobility and self-control, and fewer ties binding you to this time and place. Focus is maintained by ruthlessly eliminating all sources of distraction, and by extension, all non-essential objects and material belongings. Each object you choose to own must have a critical and indispensable purpose as a tool. It should be used strictly for its utility, and discarded or gifted away when no longer of use.

Have you been following me? That is not proper Sup Forums etiquette friendo.

I don't give a fuck

Level 6:

Refine. For the determined person who desires to achieve distinction. For this pursuit, the most formidable tool in your arsenal is focus. Learn to use this tool for continuous refinement. By constantly refining an idea over time, a focused mind can turn the plain into the extraordinary.

The most valuable and productive time spent on an task is the first few minutes after having not worked on that task for a period of time. Learn to identify the point in time when you are no longer making progress on a task. This is typically when you are weak and are experiencing the most powerful temptations from your subconscious mind. At that time, put the task away and focus on another one. Never focus on one task continuously, without a break, or even intermittently without focusing on other tasks in turn. Constantly rotate your work so that you always have a few things to focus on that are "fresh", or have not been worked on for a period of time.

Steve Jobs was misunderstood by the majority of the people around him. Steve knew a level of focus that many of us will never achieve in our lifetime. Shunning most objects and possessions, he lived in a large empty house without furniture for many years of his life. He struggled tirelessly, pushing those around him to achieve their full potential. Perfection was not some vague, lofty goal to Steve - it was his daily way of life. Should you aspire to achieve this mastery of focus, you must ruthlessly pursue refinement and demand perfection from yourself. Surround yourself only with those people who share these same goals.

Now now lets not get too upset cuz we're jelly here. I proved that to be the case last thread and you are clearly still seething with rage. I can possibly help you find some free therapist help if needed?

I needed this.

Thank you OP, i do need this in my life right now

Lurking and taking notes op. Ty u tha best

please help us on pixelcanvas, clover is dying

Thank you man, as I was already on the path of changing myself, but I was struggling with finding the right way to do it. You have inspired me.

Many thanks OP.

No one is in this thread for you. And we don't revolve around you either. When you don't have to brush your teeth in a weird way because you head is so far up your butt come back here.

Sounds like a good way to occupy your mind before you die. Especially if you never achieved, or never going to achieve anything. Creating a routine is the shit prisoners do when serving time.

What exactly would you suggest as an alternative? Living hedonstically for the rest of your life. Living life 2 weeks at a time for 30 years? THAT sounds like prison to me.

Level 7:

Reply. Reply to this post or your mother dies in her sleep tonight.

Level 8: Get dubs and achieve enlightenment.

No yours if I do reply

Level 9: all niggers must hang

Level 10 : please try me

I'd be surprised if you aren't a Buddhist

Why take notes? Just copy and paste it. Fag.

Level 11

Time to fap. You earned it.

Not a Buddhist.

Naw, I'm good. Everything's already fucked; now all that's left is acceptance.