/2017/

rateyourmusic.com/~Androol

Other urls found in this thread:

rogerebert.com/reviews/baby----the-secret-of-the-lost-legend-1985
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Mac Demarco
Is this the first time you've added a guy that isn't Steven Wilson?

to my 2017 chart yeah

Oh I coulda swore it was that way last year too because sometimes people would remark how you had no men and I'd point out that the one with the two women on the cover was actually a Steven Wilson album

i also have blackstar on my 2016 one too but yeah people comment on the male/female ratios of my charts

Ah now that you mention it I remember.

So do you think I'm doing something wrong with my 2017 thread? We're not getting much of a response.

only thing different about this thread than the others is that it's titled /2017/ instead of aoty
but even then i don't think that would make any effect, it's just a slow day i think

Yeah and I cant say I've exactly been digging into your chart but now that row with Crow is really calling my name. I don't think I've heard a single one of those.

no one ever comments on these threads sadly.

this board is dying t b h. The last refuge was the 5x5 threads but now the anime posters won't let that be and the mods are too slow to do anything. There's a picture of some dude's dick in the catalog right now.

So what about the other King Gizzard album? Is this new one really that much better? I'm not really into leaks.

Honestly since the leak came out, I haven't really listened to Microtonal. The new one is just much more aggressive and dense. It's the first of theirs that I've really loved and it just clicked with me so well.

Did you realize Black Angels and Power Trip are both in central Texas? And Basinski is originally from Houston. I kinda have the same thing going on in my chart except even more focused. Power Trip, Partaker, Demonseed, and I Am are all from Dallas. It's especially interesting to me because I'm in Austin but Dallas has really been kicking our ass this year. The New Year is high on my chart as well but only one member is still in Dallas I think.

>I'm in Austin

Nice, I'm in Denton. Yeah Texas has been doing great things. I think the Austin scene has died down a little because of the gentrification and pseudo-yuppie-hipster culture that has arisen in the last few years, but it's still a great place. Dallas has started a little bit of a renaissance with Lakewood getting more and more artsy with places like the Balcony club.

Old chart because I'm on my phone

Oh I dunno last year was fucking insane. I think everybodys just kinda taking a break. My list was almost 20 deep. This year I haven't really found too much but The Kraken Quartet is awesome and I've really been kinda lazy about rating Spoon

It killed me to not rate Big Walnuts Yonder higher but is it just me or is side 2 way better? Unfortunately I think thats where all the magic is.

Wasn't a fan of Spoon's record this year. Just seemed very boring and samey but normally I'm a big fan. Loved They Want My Soul. Didn't like White Denim's album last year as much as their previous either :(

I'll check out the Kraken Quartet

Oh and it's funny I grew up in Dallas and I'm pretty sure Lakewood was where I saw my very first theater movie Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend dinosaur movie. I saw it again recently and it has a fuck ton of nudity National Geographic style.

>Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend
rogerebert.com/reviews/baby----the-secret-of-the-lost-legend-1985

lol

>The bad guys actually drug the female brontosaurus, and fly around in a helicopter firing machine-guns at the male. Why? To rid the jungle of all those bothersome brontosauri?
Ah Roger you are missed.

I actually called my mom but she didn't remember the movie.

One bump from oblivion

This site is pathetic. why does no one talk about new music anymore? what is the point of this site if no one keeps up with the times?