Hey Sup Forums I'm new to drinking. Any advice how to drink whiskey?

Hey Sup Forums I'm new to drinking. Any advice how to drink whiskey?
Pic related

Wait a half-hour in between shots, you don't feel it right away.

You drink whiskey straight, out of a glass and you don't get a buzz or else you had too much, or drank too fast and you're wasting whiskey.

Don't be a bitch. Drink the whiskey and chase it with a cigarette. Man up and tell your pussy stomache and your cringe worthy shot face to fuck off.

Why the fuck would you drink if you're not going to get buzzed?

Pussy
Faggot

Respectively

samefag here. Even as a leaf I wouldn't drink fucking crown royal, get something worth drinking.

you put it in your mouth and swallow its not that hard

Beer and shitty liquor is for getting drunk. Whiskey is something you drink for pleasure.

You are a snooty pussy. Go drink a craft beer and vape.

I always get diarrhea the day after I drink hard liquor.

IS this common? Any of you queers get this as wel?

and don't drink crown, thats garbage in a fancy bottle. fancy ornate bottle usually means garbage booze they are selling somthing shiny and pretty not something good. i suggest something like Jameson, Makers Mark, Bullet Bourban or like a Johnny red or black are all affordable but still good

Mainly because there are people who actually enjoy the flavor and relaxing, not drinking just to get drunk.

>implying craft beer is worth drinking wither

In a glass with a splash of water.

All good suggestions but you do realize everything but Jameson you listed is in a fancy faggy bottle

There is shitty whiskey out there too.
The cheaper kind is what I use with some kind of mix, even if it's water. There's a reason the good whiskey is called sipping whiskey, drink it straight and enjoy

Out the fuckin bottle

i get beer shits from a night of pounding beer. I dont drink liquor anymore

Does anybody have a recipe for a drink where you cant taste the liquor and it can fuck you up real fast?

Like what, Prince of Faggotry?

Yeah, you're right.

if your drinking crown just mix with some ice and ginger ale

kys, if you drink alcohol for the taste your an idiot

I got you my dude

>enjoy the flavor of whiskey

Either you are way to young or way to old to be here

drink it ice cold with a little bit of water. you can chase it with soda but only if you're bitchmade

Holy shit this is exactly what I was looking for
Thanks Sup Forumsro

>pour in cup to desired level
>drink
>repeat
Alternatively.
>open bottle
>drink

Whiskey sours... Sweet and Sour with whiskey. Add Cherry. Its likes 4 bucks at the store. Fucking bomb and it gets the job done.

Apple crown and cranberry
Double shot of Jameson with pickle juice
The apple and cranberry is good for going out to the club and gettin bitches...jameson with the pickle juice to get lit with the homies

The afterglow of liquor is always present.

just mix something hard with a strong tasting soda like ginger ale or w/e

With your mouth you buffoon

start out small, try different types. Go to a real liquor store, not some ghetto store that sells snacks and smokes, ask for some suggestions.

why bother spending money on alcohol if you're not going to enjoy it. if you're buying a whole bottle just to get drink, you're wasting your money, especially if you blackout.

Get Chivas-regal, a scotch-

Bombay Sapphire, Calvados, K.C. Bourbon and good Aramagnac-

I drank 30 miller lites a day for years and it's good stuff for that. Sierra Nevada and Guiness are other beers.

I was a cereal alcoholic...

Fuck what these sperglords say pound that shit like a cheap hooker

>not enjoying the flavor of whiskey
go drink vodka if you don't care about flavor faggot

Have fun dealing with the poop, pee, vomit, anger and possible rape charges!

like obviously there are drinks that do taste good but i enjoy the being drunk part not really the drink itself

Hard liquor is nasty

Find a nice beer that you like

yup

I was underage at a bar (17) with family. My older brother ordered a shot and gave it to me. I slammed it and gagged. My brother ordered another shot and said "No, you slowly sip, appreciate, and then swallow". Family kept ordering shots of different liquors. Got hammered and had to work at my teenage job at grocery store. Spent 4 hours mopping the spot.

Shit has gotten me so much tail it's not even funny. I make it exactly as the recipe describes and leave it in the pitcher. I pour a glass for her and let her see me dump an extra shot in so she'll think that's all the alcohol it has. Then I sit back crack a beer and watch her get stupid drunk.

Yes Oldfag here, I've got expensive tastes. My favorite is Glenlivet 18, it's an 18 year old single malt scotch.

Im just under 21 and im getting my friend to get me some alcohol for when i feel like casually drinking on my own. What should I get? Cant decide between whiskey, rum, or vodka.

Alcohol tastes shit, whiskey has some nice flavours but you wouldn't be drinking it without the alcohol.

Have you tried Talisker?

Pickle juice chaser bruh

The first 4 are turn-ons. And so far I haven't got any charges cause they think it's their idea.

Whiskey if you want to just drink it straight, and gin if you're mixing drinks.

I have not, just as smooth?

I was pretty bad too. Used to drink 16 tallboys a day of natty ice (5.9%) for years. Now I drink 2-3 times a month max. Are you totally sober now? Either way congrats.

I remember being told how to correctly drink Scotch when I was 15 and it changed my drinking social life forever.

Drinking with 1 or 2 Ice cubes is acceptable (basically always) and helps to slightly water it down/make it last longer in your hand. 50ml Whiskey each time, at least.

> Slowly raise glass under your nose. Slowly inhale.
> Bring the glass to your mouth and bring the tiniest amount onto your tongue. (Not even enough to actually swallow) This will prepare your palette for the taste/AC of this particular whiskey.
> Bring the glass back to your lips and take more in, enough to hold on your tongue and swallow.
> This will be the first and only 'burn' from the whiskey the whole night.
>Drink in moderation, and you'll be the most social person at the party. Guaranteed.

I had (And still have) social anxiety, but there are small tricks to getting away with it unnoticed, and actually having a great laugh.

Always offer your whiskey to the cool guys at the party, they'll either drink it to be cool, say no and pussy out or join you in a calm and sophisticated glass of Duriach's Own Jura 18Yr. Well, that specific scotch isn't necessary, but it kicks arse.

People will learn to know you as the guy who casually drinks whiskey straight.
Be 'The Whiskey Guy'

Nothing wrong with that. But if you're doing that then go cheap. I'm not doing that with my expensive bottles

When I was your age stoli straight was my drink of choice. Cheap and a damn fine vodka.

> This will be the first and only 'burn' from the whiskey the whole night.

Just take it easy kyle

Doesn't really matter mayne.

It's hard to compare, it would be up to your judgement, but it's definitely worth trying if you can get it. I've been to the distillery on Skye and it's a really well made drink.

my nigger

one big cube of ice if you want to savour it.
a glass of water in between drinks.
if it is mid-tier quality or above, don't mix it with anything.

Just tried that now and surprisingly made it enjoyable to drink

Definitely not vodka for casual. whiskey and rum are always good choices. I have one glass almost every night, just to relax.

You really need to find out how you react with each of them, and then stick with that. For me I can drink vodka all day and be cool, whiskey I can handle, but it will make me lethargic, but rum or tequila, watch out, I'm getting shitty, probably end up in a fight. It's different for most though, you gotta find your zone...

Well of course im not just blasting through bottles of quality whiskey, i drink pretty much exclusively Canadian whiskeys

what would you consider mid tier quality or abovve? What would be considered low tier?

>Glenlivet 18
My nigga.

fantastic

I've tried all so its just a matter of getting whichever one I want.

>mopping the spot
no idea why, but i fkn kek'd

>Johnny Red
That shit is absolutely disgusting and downright the worst whiskey I have ever tasted

The black is a'ight tho

low tier is basically anything you can buy off the shelf for less than $50 (objectively)

I will have to try them out. Which one do you suggest, keep in mind the Glenlivet I get is a $140 bottle, so that's about what I'm willing to pay.

>People will learn to know you as the guy who casually drinks whiskey straight.
>Be 'The Whiskey Guy'

What kind of gum/mints should I bring for when someone wants one and I could say "I have some"

This is good advice. Also drink it neat if you can, otherwise with no more than one ice cube per shot. Blended whiskies are more neutral in flavor than the unblended varieties: they were created both to make use of cheaper raw materials and to attract an undiscriminating market. Laphroaig is wonderful but it is an acquired taste.

well, that's pretty subjective... but my regular go to is Bulleit, both the rye and bourbon... i think Makers is about right for a good mid, still good, but like entry level to the good stuff. For better stuff i like Blanton's the best...
Scotch is a whole other thing, takes a bit of time to learn the regions and that's really just a matter of personal taste you gotta develop over time. It's an investment, but an enjoyable journey...
Japanese stuff like the suntory stuff--hibiki is really high quality and enjoyable too.

Vodka is going to be cleaner and easier to handle the next day if you get decent vodka, but if you get cheap stuff it sucks...

I meant to say "mopping the same spot"

The "Talisker Skye" single malt scotch is great, and when I was over there, I think it was about 40-50 pounds, so I'm not sure what that would cost wherever you live. It was a really good price for what it is.

Whiskey to focus on taste, vodka to focus on drunk, rum falls in between.

For me at least.
But if you drink rum get a pirate hat, it's fun especially at a party. Watch pirate movies too.

Drink Crown with pineapple juice. Don't listen to these underage macho faggots.

You mean "subjectively". Price varies from country to country and is rarely a good indicator of organoleptic quality.

Sugar Free, I don't know if other countries have it but we have Wrigley's 'Extra' gum and it's brilliant.

Give Redbreast a go if you haven't already.

Savoring is for pussies chug that shit

Start with it chilled on ice with soda. Coke. Ginger.sprite. etc... Then move to club soda. Then straight. Or stick with soda.

>any advice on how to drink whiskey?

Swallow it

I think? My English isn't as good as my French. I was talking from the standpoint of my country, Canada, since $50 for whiskey is usually the threshold for quality depending of course on your province.

kek

Back in the 1960s, they sold scotch-flavored toothpaste as a novelty. No kidding. Probably not politically correct for today's market.

Good but try with just a tiny splash of cold water. Ice brings the temperature of a good whiskey down to fast and you lose some of the flavour. Or drink it no ice room temperature is where the flavour is at its peak

>be OP
>need help consuming liquids
>make how can into le whiskey bread

Just drink it dumbass

From a thick squat round glass 5 cents at a time. is you like pyou can put ice in it.

the finest one

Couldn't get a quality picture of the bottle though?

>Talisker Skye
That's definitely under what I'm use to paying. I will give it a try.

I hope you like it friend

Totally sober now for over a year- congrats on cutting back.