Dumb Things You Used To Believe About Music

>The musician known as "Pink Floyd" is a pretty talented artist. He does all the instrumentals and vocals himself.

>Another pretty good musician who does all the instrumentals and vocals himself is "Judas Priest"

>Death Grips is good

i don't see how thats possible to think. when wikipedia exists?

>music is subjective and people have a right to their own opinion

At the time, I didn't really think about it. I just heard people talk about both bands with praise, then I listened to some of their songs and I liked both of them. I just assumed that both were solo artists due to the names!

is this how normies think? don't bother even looking up the artists on wikipedia?
really makes me think

When I had terminal 7 I believed that pop punk to any degree was considered emo and if something didn't sound like pop punk then it could not be emo

Could have been worse! At least I didn't assume that "King Crimson" was a solo artist.

they are user! its just fripp cloning himself

True! True!

>The musician known as "Pink Floyd"
By the way, which one's Pink?

You know... the one who does the drums, guitars, vocals, keyboard etc. You know - THAT GUY!

When I first came here I thought Venetian Snares was a metal band based on the name, Animal Collective some semi-unknown classic rock band based on nothing exactly, Death Grips a punk band, which is somewhat true at least in their attitude.

I didn't know about guitar pedals for an embarrassingly long time. I just figured the musicians were really talented to make the guitars sound all different. Music became a lot less cool when I learnt the truth.

I thought Jethro Tull played bluegrass

>2Pac, Biggie, and Eminem are the greatest rappers of all time.

Oh come on, Eminem isn't that bad

>if Geezer Butler, Mike Portnoy, Yngwie Malmsteen and Eric Adams formed a band, they would be the best band ever

Don't worry, I can make it worse

Who is "Feat" and why is he in so many songs?

I love that guy!

Kek

Kek

I didn't know that you had to tune an instrument.

The new and improved Robert Fripp!

This

>had to decide whether or not to tell somebody Pink Floyd isn't a "he"
>didn't want to make them feel stupid but it was embarrassing
>decided to just leave it

Hmmmm...

Good thing I used to hold this assumption to myself, otherwise I would have looked like a fool!

FUCK! I just remembered something else

>"The Blues Brothers" and "The Jonas Brothers" are the same thing!

don't use exclamation points. enthusiasm is gay

I thought Ariel Pink was a woman and the broad from Beach House was a man

>I thought Ariel Pink was a woman

That isn't a women? Shit!

>aphex twins are great

This is actually true though

i thought that Bono and Bon Jovi were the same person

>Grimes isn't just a circlejerk and is actually decent.

Turned out that nope

I wasn't into hiphop much back then and I thought Kanye West was actually Kenya West, a rapper from Kenya.