So now that the dust has settled... what do i think?

so now that the dust has settled... what do i think?

Has it though? Will the dust ever really settle?

Pure Kino

Every time someone says, "the dust has settled" they immediately stir the dust

It's dull and bloated with allusions it does nothing with

4/10, too much water.

The observer effect, the double slit experiment. Everything you observe you change. You can't just mention a movies names all the time and expect dust to settle.

Suicide Squad is way better

Loved it personally. It has flaws but i love it warts and all

8/10 to be quite perfectly honest. It was great to see a 3 hour political drama about superheroes. I couldn't care less for the action.

-The film is literally made as if by a 13/14 year edgy tryhard male, "oh my god, look! It's Batman vs superman and I'm making it so dark and intellectual!" - t. Snyder
-What with it's blatant, cheap and pretentious repetitive religious God, Jesus-like symbolism throughout the film
-And also it's over attempts in being dark and super edgy
-Jesse Eisenberg is not intimidating whatsoever, he's like, instead, a major inconvenience, an annoyance. Lex Luthor is the opposite.
-The editing is a fucking mess and scenes go from one thing to another with weird coherence at times
-The characters are thin in terms of development, except perhaps Batman/Bruce Wayne
-The CGI is fucking laughable, especially with Doomsday, I could not stop laughing and saying how fucking much of a wreck this movie is
-The pretentiousness, with the retarded "holy" music being blared repeatedly during absurd scenes, again, reminding us that Zack Snyder has the mind of a 14 year old boy trying to be edgy and pseudointellectual
-Literally every scene feels forced and trying to be epic, even when normal shit is going on
-some of the action scenes are absolutely ludicrous and just laughable. Take in particular the dream sequence with Batman shooting bullets everywhere in the desert, LMAO. Snyder is pure shit.

Overall, pure shit. The music is good though, surprisingly, and the actors besides Jesse Eisenberg, did their best, but it wasn't enough to save this trainwreck.

did you understand the luthor character? It sounds like you read the comics and you weren't happy that a character wasn't exactly how you predicted

If you're an autistic retard like most people on Sup Forums, you thought it was fucking awful. If you're a sensible film viewer who didn't already want to hate it, it was a very enjoyable movie

No I don't read the comics, I just know he's pure shit.

Actually, if they got someone more menacing, even brought Kevin Spacey back again and forgot about Superman Returns, that would've made the film a lot better, probably. Still a shit load of flaws though.

I wanted to see it in theaters but I waited too long. Not sure if I want to watch it not on a big screen.

fair enough.

Thing is I just saw it and while I hated it, I do think that it really really had a shit load of potential, there were a few elements that worked, unfortunately, Snyder is just awful at executing a film.

Should've brought in Nolan or his brother to write, direct it.

This pretty much sums it up. See for reference

Not an argument

BvS triggers certain people it seems. Why does Snyder's film making offend them. I liked the movie but I've only seen the extended version. 9/10 imo but I don't watch cartoons or read comics

I think they were expecting action scenes or a chase every 5 minutes with dialogue cut to a minimum

The three greatest capefilms ever made are Watchmen, Unbreakable, and Batman v Superman.

No, I was expecting strong storytelling with deep rich characters. Instead I got a videogame.

neither is a meme from an anarcho-capitilist

>I was expecting strong storytelling with deep rich characters
So you went to a movie called batman vs superman? hahahaha

not an argument

I like that they are taking the characters to places that we haven't seen before. I like the tone of the movies compared to other movies in the genre. Lex has grown on me. I think he is supposed to be a unlikable millennial on pupose

>Instead I got a videogame.
a 3 hour video game where over 2hours is storytelling and half an hour is action?
I dont really play video games but that sounds strange

Batman Begins and The Dark Knight both had strong stories with developed characters.

Eat shit, Snydercucks

>DUDE IM BEING A CONTRARIAN LMAO

you do know saying shite like this eliminates your opinion

lol no they didn't. Heath carried an entire trilogy on a single performance.

Is "the dust has settled" a Sup Forums meme? Its getting funnier I think for some reason

I'm with you. No, it's not perfect, but it's miles and miles beyond what most cape films have to offer.

>developed characters.
>Nolan film

>DUDE IM AN EDGY TEENAGE CONTRARIAN LMAO

Theater release: 4/10
Extended release: 6/10

Don't forget Katie Holmes. Why did they recast her?

>I think he is supposed to be a unlikable millennial on pupose
Bingo.

>he's a shit antagonist on purpose
The movie is also shit on purpose, Snyder is truly an auteur of shit

Give it a rest. I don't think this film could upset you more

This.

I'm glad they killed Clark. They are moving fast into the Justice League. It feels like they aren't trying to waste peoples time with things they have seen 100 times b4

Because she wasn't as beautiful as Maggie

>le u mad?
Is the film actually good or do you just post these things to get ebin angry (you)s?

Clark>Cyborg

Long time mayme

You shouldn't let this movie get you so upset. It's not healthy. Just watch something else or talk about something else.

there he goes again captain autismo
you sure showed me the second time you posted this.
can you do it again?

So it isn't and you just want a niche circlejerk?
Look for a DCEU discussion board (or subreddit) if you want that

Not him, but I genuinely love the movie. It's refreshing to see the characters used in ways that are more in keeping with the comics, where they're frequently used in an allegorical sense instead of simple escapism.

Have you seen the 3 hour cut?
Because it's actually coherent.

The allegories and allusions are never used at all and fall flat
Self serving symbolism for symbolism's sake

I enjoyed the fact that they used things from the comics but put it together in a way that wasn't totally familiar to me. The movie feels more like a mythology or epic fantasy instead of a comic book.

Will Jared Leto be the joker in the batman solo flick?

I love Tao. I hope she is brought back.

It's an allegory about how the ultra-rich will continue to exploit the lack of a meaningful dialogue between the East and the West until the West starts looking at "the enemy" as people again and the East speaks up and takes action.

I think they said a good bit. Even more, there are hints of that theme back in MoS as well. Think about what Zod represents there.

Or, if you'd rather, just continue to snark and ignore it and embrace your own cognitive dissonance.

>look how smart i am! i make shit up and if you don't get it you're just a dummy! xDDDD

Continue to snark. The only one who comes off sounding like a petty, childish, close-minded little idiot is you.

That raises the point of how much I like the Female leads in MoS and BvS. Great casting all around.

Stay pretentious
>BvS is east vs west
>entry level allusions to moby dick, excalibur and religious imagery show this
Loving
Every
Laugh

I would think so. I'm sure there is some kind of contractual obligation.

>trying to justify why your pleb-shit childish comic-book movies should be considered art
>calls ME an idiot

Man of Steel
Zod
>clings to his past and his "religion"
>willing to genocide an entire culture just to resurrect and preserve his own
>blind to the advantages of cooperation
He's a radical fundamentalist

BvS
Batman
>Traumatized by the Battle of Metropolis
>witnesses his tower fall
>rationalizes torture and "warfare" in the campaign against this enemy
>lies about WMDs(the dirty bomb to Alfred)
>literally quotes Chaney when he justifies himself to Alfred
>willing to vilify his enemy based solely on where he's from and what he *might* do
He's post-911 Western culture

Superman
>politically polarizing
>constantly made guilty by association with murder and bombings
>thinks that keeping silent and letting his actions speak for him is enough
>sees no importance in establishing a public dialogue and defining himself to the world through his words
He's the "good Muslim" Eastern culture

Lex
>the money behind "shadow interventions" in foreign countries
>has a private army of "civilian contractors"
>uses fear-mongering and the politics of divisiveness to forward his agenda
>when Superman refuses to fall in line and be the boogeyman he needs, he literally resurrects the corpse of the radical Zod to fill the role of the bad guy
He's basically Enron, the ultra-rich corporate component of the military-industrial complex.

But I'm sure that's all just a coincidence. No message to be found there. Please feel free to return to your intellectual, navel-gazing, stream-of-consciousness reflections on the horrors and dehumanizing nature of war.

>enron

So, she's a robot then?

>niche circlejerk?
this is rich considering at least you and others come into every BvS thread and utter the same drivel

>muh bvs threads
Try not discussing shit next time so people don't see the need to remind you that it stinks

just a friendly reminder... by contributing here, your level is brought down (since you think this is shit). some great man once said that to fight a pig, you have to get down to it's level. So STFU and let people discuss what they want.

I thought Jesse killed her.

I'm think so. I also wonder if Lex is a clone

Spending time on Sup Forums is pathetic enough but theres another level of shame when you spend your time trying to change people's opinions here. What an idiot

your thought is right. upon the arrival of kryptonite, her face glooms with interest and lex wants to keep her out.

>p-p-p-p-please respect muh threads about pretentious toy catalogues

I think she is an android

Anybody have any webms from the film?

There has to be more to her

And let's not forget Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen. He'll surely come back.

Does he really matter? I dont read comics and my entire knowledge on Superman is the films and the Teri Hatcher series

>Does he really matter?
I don't know. Does Perry matter? Does Alfred matter?

Id say Alfred does yeah, he does alot of Batman's wet work

Batman isn't Batman without Alfred.
Alfred does a lot of the intelligence while Batman is doing the work.

Perry matters. "Jimmy," on the other hand, has always struck me as a superfluous fan-insert. Personally, I think it's hilarious that they took "Jimmy," made him a cover identity for a C.I.A. operative, then shot him in the head.

Anyone who doesn't think there's a message in that for fanboys doesn't know Snyder.

Yeah, the message is "fuck comics, I'm smarter than you". It's the same message he's had since he changed the ending of Watchmen.

I like BvS Alfred. Jeremy Irons is killing it

It triggers plebs because they only know how to follow something on a surface level, things have to explained to them through exposition. They don't know how to interpret things for themselves, so when they see other people interpreting things for themselves, they get lNSEC U RE about it from being left out of the club so the have to shit on it.

I'd say the message is "Fuck whiny fanboys who just want a power fantasy," but to each their own.

tbf I agree with the Watchmen ending change. A giant squid monster thing wouldn't look right on a big screen. Would pretty much change the tone to some sort of Kaiju film

>Jimmy Olsen
>power fantasy
?

I loved the jimmy olsen curveball. He is an old school fan insert. Daily Planet is going to be Lois domain now with Clark dead. The fat needed to be trimmed to make time for more important characters in the future

>I'm embarrassed of having this cartoony thing in my comic book movie

I've always kind of believed that Moore thought he'd written himself into a corner and introduced the whole psychic bit so late in the story because he realized that just plopping Ozy's "alien" down on an American city wouldn't be enough to sell it as a worldwide threat.

Psychics and telepathy sort of run counter to the whole "literally no superhumans besides Manhattan" bit.

I've triggered you a bit, haven't I?

Don't try to change the subject, you know I'm right.

Jimmy's a fan-insert, "Superman's pal!" In the comics, he's always this huuuuuge fanboy for Supes and just kind of tolerates Clark. So by shooting "Jimmy," he's basically telling fanboys they can kiss his ass.

Its an opinion senpai, and youre barely making a point by grasping straws and greentexting it

I like that BvS doesn't hold your hand as a story. Things still left to think about that aren't entirely clear

It made no sense, why would people be shocked by this in a world where there's someone like Dr. M around.

Because it killed millions of people?