I have social anxiety and have poor social skills from literally never attempting small talk...

I have social anxiety and have poor social skills from literally never attempting small talk. Is it possible for someone like me to fix myself? If I can't become a normal person or at least get job soon I'm not gonna make it much longer

This guide will turn you into a normie within a coupe weeks

www.selfstairway.com/wp-content/uploads/First-Impressions.pdf

memorise some key phrases and use them

I get though 80% of my day on a dozen stock phrases that I don't have to think about

"Hey what's up"

"Have a good one"

"Haha yeah"

"How ya doing?"

"How was your weekend?"

"Any plans for the weekend"

"Damn, that Gina is a real bitch eh?"

you've covered a lot of them, yeah

its amazing how little actual conversation happens at work, its just asking how people are and occasionally reacting to their shitty stories about what they did on the weekend

Forreal dude. Also if it's the middle of the week you can literally just talk about something mutually frustrating that happened at work.

who's think Sup Forums of all places is the one place to cheer me up

thanks user honestly I'm going to read this. I also heard Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends is good.

I have zero self-confidence though which is another problem. I worked for two weeks temporary job in retail 6 months ago and I could barely come up with anything, it's like my mind would go completely blank so I'd just rely on saying whatever the same thing I said to the last person was.

Like operating card reader "just put your card in there", "your pin", "and there's your receipt" that kind of shit. I can't tell if this is just normal not being used to small talk or if I'm a social retard without the ability.

My mom said when she visited me I was completely normal but mom's are nice and I have a history of hiding how my social anxiety, the fact I have no friends, etc. from 6+ years at high school.

>How to Win Friends

book is absolute bullshit in modern society just FYI

Can't really help ya there bud. If you work in a retail job where there's a line of people you can always try and cycle the same three questions over and over.

"Hey, having a good day?"

"How has your day been so far?"

"Find everything alright?"

Most people just wanna buy their shit and leave. I only try and make small talk if the cashier or whatever is a qt

Just start off mentioning the weather. People will agree with you. Nice weather- yes it is :) -or oh wet day! etc. Really basic

Then move up to sports- How about those Yankees?

Or mention something funny in the local news

Join the military, you'll have to learn to talk to your fellow soldiers. And you'll be 10 times more confident after you leave.

"Hey you hear about that concert in the UK? Heard it was a real blast!"

any opinions on medications?
I'm so far gone I'm not even good with local street names I'm so isolated.

I'm not American unfortunately and don't think joining military is easy in my country

If we all worked togheter would've been way easier to small talk or maybe we would be so socially retarded to still keep that kind of shits for anonymous online conversations.

You and me both OP. I've straight given up.

I looked it up my country only has 7,500 in army but maybe not many apply.
The interview process sounds hard:
>Ability to work under pressure
>Teamwork
>Motivation
>Career Orientation
I'm probably not good at any of these things, isn't the whole appeal of army that it teaches discipline?

read thread there's good advice here

"Damn, Gina!"

The only things that can save me are benzos or SSRIs. If I'm not motivated to do basic things like shower or brush my teeth then how am I going to be motivated to do things that make me uncomfortable.

Do LSD or Shrooms

Yes just quit caring what other people think. Lots of people won't like you but lots of people are morons. Just get out there and focus your energy on those who appreciate you for who you are. Tell the rest to fuck off.

SSRIs (antidepressants) are really effective for social anxiety. Can come with a slew of side effects - often short term - and can be bitches to get off of if you've been on them for a while but they've helped a lot of people. Do some research and then talk to your doctor.