Are we literally just animals that have a better brain than others? Is there all that is?

Are we literally just animals that have a better brain than others? Is there all that is?

This thought is driving me crazy Sup Forumsros

well, yes. how does it drive you crazy?

No, God created us in his image and gave us dominion over the earth.

Idk man it makes me feel like everything is fake and unnecessary and I can't seem to come to terms with it

Feels kind of good to know that man. Speaking as someone who was brought up as a fucking Mormon, when I came to the same conclusion, it felt like a giant relief. Like all that stress over all the and expectations placed on me by both religion and society didn't really matter anymore... because technically, nothing mattered. Which led me to define how I life how I saw fit. Which is spending my time talking to you faggots

It's a bit more than that, I think.

While I don't think much of life, really, let's do this:

1. We have written language, giving a big dynamic to our societies and cultures. A kind of depth, perhaps, that animals don't have.

2. The above point contributes to our ability to adapt to different ways of living. With effort and education we may direct our instincts into useful pathways.

3. We have a developed outer cortex, which are neurons with many connections between them. It's very thick with branching connections, and these connections are made and unmade very frequently compared with those of the neurons of other areas of the brain.

4. We repress the sexuality of children due to our fears of being seen as pedophile parents (we face the immediate wrath of our husband/wife, with whom pedophilia obviously was never a subject of discussion). Since we do so in a mean way/uneducated way, it creates a trauma for the children. This is why we forget our childhoods. This also means we have two phases of sexual development: one which begins after birth, and one which begins at puberty.

Most other mammals begin developing sexually after birth and just continue developing. We stop because we are traumatized, and either stop caring about sex altogether until puberty (girls), or turn our feelings inwards and hide them until puberty (boys).

Since you've come to the conclusion that nothing matters how do you find the drive to live everyday life then

Of course we're animals.........wtf is wrong with you?

Live life to enjoy yourself. There is no other reason.

Yes. We are just animals with a bigger brain and the opposable thumbs to take advantage of them.

Suck it dolphins.

Why would this drive you crazy?

thats the cultural way of living, there are 1000 of ways you can live your life, in terms of what society will tell yu how to live it

welcome to adult hood, and your first existential crisis. Don't worry, when you get to the phase 'ok, i'm not special, fuck it i'll just enjoy my life' it gets a lot better

>"better brain"
Kys, subhuman.

You can't deny that if life from Earth survives after the Sun expands and evaporates all of its water, it could only be thanks to Humans.

You might say, "Yeah but we are more likely to kill ourselves," but that's mass media thinking through you.

Optimism and hope are what take real courage, and it's actually pretty simple to choose them.

Life won't survive the heat death of the universe anyway.

Assuming we don't find a way in the 1 trillion+ years we have until it happens

If we don't turn out to be wrong about that.

And also, so what? Let's live it to the fullest, anyway.

Let's at least get so advanced that we can troll God in maybe the smallest way, but at least we fucking did something.

>And also, so what? Let's live it to the fullest, anyway.
I agree. I'm just saying, live life because life is worth living, not out of hope for some eternal legacy.
>Let's at least get so advanced that we can troll God in maybe the smallest way, but at least we fucking did something.
That implies that a god exists.

Yep. We all know it to be true. You're in the wrong place to find a way to be comfortable with this fact though. Interestingly enough the faggots here are some of the worst culprits of head-in-the-sanditis.

This is a good point. The mass media loves to promote their distorted worldview, but there is hope for humanity, if we do what we need to do. We just can't let ourselves become complacent.

>assuming we will find a way
>assuming we'll even survive half that time

Yep. You are an ape on a rock floating in the middle of nothing. Sleep tight.

This lol, it can become quite depressing but literally nothing you can do but live and be happy. I always enjoyed the theory that earth is a simulation being ran by aliens, then again maybe I've had a few too many acid trips in my life, regardless I live a happy life and that's all you really can do.

God only exists in context.

Doesn't matter unless you actively use the concept.

For example, in that sentence I used God to symbolize the manifest irony and perhaps cruelty in our universal (as in universe) situation. Irony and cruelty being something we identify with so closely and intimately... there is a prototypical tendency to imagine a "person."

We infer that we look like people and are people. Our minds find it useful to see a person.

Just like we don't realize how much of our brains are devoted to the perception and processing of faces until we learn about a disease that causes people to not be able to recognize anyone's face including their own, but they can otherwise see perfectly.

you lot can thx me later
>Snap Teens .net