Whatever happened to deathcore?

Whatever happened to deathcore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KQgMTuyjATk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It died.

Metalcore and the various 'cores within it are still alive, why did deathcore come and go so soon?

Probably because the name.

It died out thank god. Whilst I do appreciate something completely mindless every now and then I'm glad metal isn't swamped with it like it was in the late part of the last decade.

For why it died out I'm guessing a lot of bands who started as Deathcore just moved on to something else eventually, in some cases more focus towards straight up Death Metal (Job For A Cowboy) or something completely different (Bring Me the Horizon, Suicide Silence, Whitechapel) so there was very little influence from bands who were actually getting somewhere with it.

All your left with now is Oceano.

facebook and soundcloud killed myspace

This.

Also scene kids graduated to college hipster nu males and started playing appropriate trendy genres like atmosludge, stoner, and blackgays

Show some respect for the white man who forged ahead (again).

Evolved into Djent.

youtube.com/watch?v=KQgMTuyjATk
it's still around but it's mutating into a really strange second wave of nu metal

Djent has nothing in common with deathcore besides being trendy for the time period, and even then, djent is on its way out.

I think nu-metal is a good genre, I think DJs do have a place in rock bands.

I can understand being influenced by Korn and Deftones, but you wouldn't want to just make half-assed imitations of their songs.

>Job For A Cowboy Suicide Silence
good bands

>atmosludge

tfw atmospheric black metal gets dismissed by people that have never listened to it, called atmoshit, and confused for atmosludge.

He is probably referring to atmospheric sludge metal, although I have never heard of any bands that would fit that description.

Sumac is definitly atmosludge

honestly, i can kind of get behind this transition
we need a real nu metal revival, full of distorted mixing, screaming rapper-singers with dreadlocks and bouncy, mosh pit gibberish...
wait...
holy shit XXXTENTACLES IS NU METAL!

Born Of Osiris and Within The Ruins are good. (BoO isn't deathcore anymore though)

It was literally Hot Topic scene kids who didn't understand death metal or beatdown hardcore, but they wanted to sound brutal, so they aped both, threw in some djent chugs since they couldn't play, and then threw in a lot of nu metal to make it digestible. It was competely without substance.

nu-trap

Beatdown hardcore was "real" hardcore kids making deathcore tho

That shit came way after the heyday of deathcore

Who was right?