Sony employee here, I got a few interesting leaks for you guys

I was hired as a Data Engineer one year ago for the movie division, my division (Analytics and consumer analysis) worked alongside the marketing and production departments, just two weeks ago I was fired in what's pretty much a discreet layoff. Around 20 people lost their jobs, but there's like 600 employees working there, not counting those from external companies owned by Sony so it's not that big of a deal.

The thing is, they forgot to make us sign the DNAs, which means we can talk freely about what's happening inside the company with no repercussions. It wasn't until like yesterday when most of us had caught up to that.

Anyway, since I hanged out a lot with some guys from Production and Marketing, here's what Sony looks like right now:

The company is going through a period of creative bankruptcy, Ghostbusters was a flop, and they spent half a million dollars on it (Not counting off-the-books expenses). If their next few movies are a failure at the box office, we might see either massive layoffs or a CEO resignation.

>There's plans for another Robocop and Total Recall reboot, as well as a crossover (Making some sort of cinematic universe)
>A few guy from the TV channel division visited one day and revealed that the execs over there are planning a Seinfeld reboot "with a more diverse cast and modern day problems" in order to appeal to millennials.
>The Uncharted movie is a direct adaptation from the first game, Sony is planning on four movies to cover the game series
>The Last of Us may be coming out of development hell, but with a different actress, Joel may also be played by Will Smith
>Plans for any Ghostbusters sequel have been canned, a lot of the company focus seem to be on adapting the Playstation IPs, I've seen talk about a possible God of War movie.
>A Square Enix executive came by four months ago, rumor back then had it that Sony Pictures would partner with Square for a Deus Ex cinematic universe

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2016/film/news/sony-lay-offs-marketing-distribution-1201737700/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hmm

you're obviously full of shit
but even if you weren't, it's sony: who gives a shit

everything sony touches is garbage

>Sony
>Seinfeld reboot

Does Sony even own the IP to Seinfeld?

buuuulllshiiiiiiit

>Seinfeld reboot
Do they want to fail?

Ratchet and Clank movie when?

Eh this sounds like shit Sony would do. Why the fuck are they even in movies? They clearly have no clue what the fuck they're doing, should've stuck with playstation

an all female seinfeld with a gay guy is a fantastic idea, sony should definitely do that

You do realize- no, this has to be bait.

I told you, they're in a stage of creative bankruptcy.

There was one months ago user, but it flopped (Due to bad marketing and it being kind of shit).

But yeah, expect a Seinfeld reboot announcement between now and Q1 2017.

>Jak and Daxter movie when?

ftfy

>rebooting Total Recall and Robocop again
Why
>Seinfeld reboot
Okay fucking god it is gonna fail hard. Mulaney failed and this will too.
>uncharted film
Could be good
>last of us
I thought that was the one game adaption they'd be steering to make. And Will Smith as Joel isn't a bad idea but I'd perfer someone else.
>god of war
Oh hell yeah
>deus ex movie
Okay that'd be cool

If they keep this up they're gonna have a case of literal bankruptcy, they need to get out of movies while they still can.

Have they given up on anything original? Are they still trying for diverse shit when Ghostbusters failed at it?

Is there plains for any David Cage adaptations? I remember them wanting to do Heavy Rain

>If their next few movies are a failure at the box office, we might see either massive layoffs or a CEO resignation.

Does management in Japan, which owns Columbia Pictures, have any balls or competency at all? It's clear that the reason that the movies are bombing is because the executives at Columbia Pictures have no earthly idea of what makes a good movie and what draws audiences to watch a movie.

All they're putting out is stupid remakes, reboots, IP, and other such trash. We also get films that pander to some minorities that, if ignored but not insulted, really won't hurt at the box office.

Do you think there is a good chance (> 50%) that there will be house cleaning before year-end?

Also, what did you do as a data engineer? What specifically were you looking for?

They still have Spider-Man movies and get all the money while Marvel takes over the creative process

>And Will Smith as Joel isn't a bad idea but I'd perfer someone else

He was great in I Am Legend and I think he'd work. As long as they don't cast Willow as Ellie.

Its the fact that this shit sounds so retarded that I actually believe it

You fucked up OP. You could've sounded semi-convincing, but you had to mention a "Seinfeld reboot" and thus ended up making yourself sound retarded. You flew too close to the sun.

Legally speaking, do you know how much shit they'd have to go through to even make such a thing happen? Sony television owns the rights to Seinfeld, but it goes without saying that within the contracts that made Jerry and Larry insanely rich, they definitely have a clause that would disallow any reboot from going forward without them approving it, which would never fucking happen.

I can imagine Larry's disgusted face at the very thought of it.

Not that I heard of, they're focusing on the big blockbuster names first (I do recall hearing Paul Feig call Cage a hack though).

Other than the Seinfeld reboot and the TLoU movie I don't think so, most of the execs learned their lesson (Who knows if they'll remember it).

>Also, what did you do as a data engineer? What specifically were you looking for?

Me and the rest of my team worked alongside various departments, sometimes we helped marketing regarding how to and who to market to. Sometimes we helped Human Resources with their useless crusade against "workplace sexism". Fun fact, most of the Sony execs are pretty much computer illiterates so they ask me to help them with their hardware problems, a lot of the info I have comes from snooping through emails.

Now regarding your question about house cleaning, management in Japan doesn't really care about what the movie division does as long as they're in the green numbers. Whenever house cleaning happens depends on the box office of all the current year's upcoming releases.

Don't count on it, there's been talk about the Marvel guys getting Sony to agree to a lower cut of the profit. It's either that or losing the license for good.

Yeah, they know about the contract, they also found a loophole.

This is the saddest roleplay I've ever seen.

>also found a loophole.
Do tell

Apparently one of the laws the contract depended upon was changed, making the entire contract void.

I would have immediately dismissed this as bullshit if it wasn't so insanely batshit fucking retarded that it's probably true.

I mean Sony making a Seinfeld reboot? A Deus Ex cinematic universe? You literally can't make this shit up.

>>There's plans for another Robocop and Total Recall reboot, as well as a crossover (Making some sort of cinematic universe)
PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN

This
Any other time I would call bullshit but this is the company that wanted to make an Aunt May movie and a MIB/21 Jump Street crossover. At this point I'll put nothing passed Sony.

What's happening with the Sly movie?

I hope that Sony Pictures goes bankrupt and Sony only stick with PlayStation and the other sectors like TV and smartphones.

Sony Pictures is cancer

>There's plans for another Robocop and Total Recall reboot, as well as a crossover (Making some sort of cinematic universe)

This sounds as horrible as it does retarded. But it's Sony so I'm inclined to believe you.

Got cancelled after R&C flopped.

your post has the air of authenticity.
i work alongside kike consumer analysis types and you talk like them.

there's also this
variety.com/2016/film/news/sony-lay-offs-marketing-distribution-1201737700/

that said, despite the NDA (or lack of one) you're only one of 20 people sony has to track down. I wouldn't take the risk

you should probably delet this

>The thing is, they forgot to make us sign the DNAs,
>DNAs

>they forgot to make us sign the DNAs
It's Sony so I'll believe it even though you couldn't even spell NDA right.

Yeah and then his leaks are primarily video game based?

Reeks of shit fan fiction.

Whats Sony gonna do? If he didn't sign shit they can't sue him. Sure they might be pissed but fuck em

It was a typo.

Playstation IPs are known for their cinematic design, so it's natural that Sony Pictures would want to asapt them

why? if he didn't sign a non-disclosure agreement he can say whatever he wants.

why do you think industries with sensitive data give severance packages? so that employees sign NDA's and have to legally keep their mouths shut.

this fuck up with any other studio would be complete bs, but with sony, it could be true.

Un-fucking-likely. Also typo.

>Ghostbusters was a flop, and they spent half a million dollars on it

Another typo.

>A Deus Ex cinematic universe?

Honestly that is pretty much best game property on that post for movie/tv adaptation. A rather generic cyberpunk conspiracy story with game tie in. Might work well.

>DNAs
>half a million

I can see why they fired you OP.

>Yeah, they know about the contract, they also found a loophole.
Considering this is the company that tried to get Bill Murray back through a loophole from a contract from 30 years ago, it wouldn't surprise me

I feel like a high level exec is intentionally wrecking the studio.

I wouldn't put it past Disney to have an inside man sink Sony, and take all their IP rights when desperately put for sale

They could easily buy Spider-Man back at what ever price sony wants, it's just that it's not for sale

I'm pretty sure if Disney bought out Sony they could legally be considered a monopoly.

got anything else

why are they pushing multiculturalism so much? cant they see that shit aint working?

what was the reaction after the first trailer for ghostbusters hit? how surprised they were? how did anybody there found the movie to be funny and thought it could be a success?

Are you high or very mentally unwell? A Deus Ex film would be interesting

Rebooting reboots a few years after they came out is too ridiculous to be true.

I don't believe you.

>Rebooting reboots a few years after they came out is too ridiculous to be true.
This is the same studio that thought MB/Jump street crossover would be a good idea.

Its crazy enough to be true

They've rebooted Spiderman seemingly about 10 times since the Raimi films.

If you ever decide to go on record come back to this board.

Sony doesn't even own the rights to seinfeld, Warner Brothers sold the rights to Hulu. And those rights are solely for syndication. creative control of the IP probably rests with larry and jerry, neither of whom has any interest in remaking seinfeld.

They turned down $5 million to make a new season in 1999 and the entire main cast has moved on or retired.

>The thing is, they forgot to make us sign the DNAs
uh huh. fuck off retard

You mean NDAs? The one thing kike lawyers will never, under any circumstances forget? lol k

>be data engineer
>do marketing and intern-tier IT shit

Google what data engineer does next time, faggot

Not all of sony, just the rights they want
Ex. Spider-Man, Bond

No reason to actually buy them out. Just buy the important IPs and let sony die.

and do what?
make dvd players?

Remaking Seinfeld would explain why Jerry wouldnt answer any of the multiple questions on his reddit AMA about the twitter account 'modern Seinfeld' , he responded to a bunch of questions but not those even though the questions were near top

What is Playstation?

Didn't stop Sony's lawyers to threaten Bill murray and the rest of the cast of Ghostbusters to appear in the remake and """support""" it

Nigger Seinfeld has been in development by literally every studio on earth since the year 2005. If you were in the business when Chappelle crested you'd have heard all of the horrendous ideas I did.

It never materialized because nobody knew a way to make a smart black comedy that was authentic for black people but could garner a significant audience from white network zombie viewers.

"Let's make ____ Seinfeld" is a running meme in the industry just like "let's make ______ with women" and "let's make NCIS/generic crime drama #2847 but more sexy and edgy so we can get the millennials".

Also OP is full of shit.

They already tried a Seinfeld reboot. Didn't work.

Let me guess, the black and the girl are just token characters and the guy on the left is a "wacky nu-male"

>Sony
>2016
>relevant

>Uncharted movie
>based on the games

But they're already movies! That's how I know you're full of bullshit.

Mulaney isn't an unfunny comedian but they messed up this show really badly. Needed better acting, better timing, tighter stories and a way to make Mulaney likable to the audience.

Seinfeld is on a mad lib streak right now and is planning to make an all female/minority/LGBT Seinfeldesque show.

This is how shit Sony is at selling movies.

>Bad Boys 3.

>Official sub-title is "Bad Boys 4 Life"

They are also prepping a part 4.

They KNOW they are making a 4th movie.

Why would you not wait a year and use Bad Boys 4 Life as the title for the fourth movie?

This is something even a retarded 12 year old could grasp.

It's like the dumb fucks that didn't call Now You See Me 2 "Now You See Me: Now You Don't"

Lets not forget Martin Short is audience repellant. Anyone who remembers him knows hes an annoying little self important unfunny hack turd and every one else realizes that during first commercial break

Sony Pictures Television currently has the syndication rights, I don't think that would give them the licence to reboot the show, if they were even to try such a fucking retarded thing.

NBC would still "own" it, that's usually how it works for stuff like that, Sony are just the current distributor.

oh god this. his book is such a fake two faced fluff piece. the olny thing he has ever done that is funny, is jimminy glick since its the real martin short showing itself, and Ed Grimely as reddit as it is.