Have a colllege assignment in groups

>Have a colllege assignment in groups
>Meet up to work
>I end up on the computer
>"Oy user, put on some music"
>Put progressive rock
>"user wtf is this shit your music sucks"
>Put what I thought was normie-friendly but decent music like Red Hot, Nujabes and Kanye's MDTF
>"user pass me the computer"
>They just put "BEST OF 2017 MIX" on youtube and everyone agrees it's much better
>I'm not allowed near the computer again because according to them my music sucks

I hate all fucking normies. I even tried to appeal to your horrible tastes and put up known, popular shit I don't even like that much but that I thought you would because it's popular, but since it was popular 10 years ago it sucks and it isn't worth it.

Just tell me you don't like it, not that it sucks, because it doesn't, you suck. If I don't like something good I don't go around saying "it sucks", I tell people I don't like it and don't expect a majority to validate that opinion.

God I fucking hate people

Why do you have to be such a sperg? The same music you played them probably took YOU few listens to get so what do you expect from them?

If you don't want to be such an autist, you gotta play them something thats really easy to catch on first listen. And there's many good songs for that.

I feel you about the music side of this but you need to just adapt and understand how to be sociable because I cringed hard reading this

I just wanted to show them what I liked. They didn't have to be rude. We could have just taken turns with everyone putting something they like, even if it sucked. But no, they banned me from putting music and told me what I liked sucked. If I wanted people to be mean I'd come here or would just have stayed in high school.

These were just the thoughts in my mind. I showed nothing of my frustration IRL and actually had a fun time working with them. But this part really fucking sucked and I'm just here venting.

I mean fair enough you didn't act like a sperg irl but saying shit like "god I fucking hate people" is pretty edgy, you need to stop letting people get to you with trivial shit

>put progressive song

What was it? Your answer will tell me if you fucked up or not. If you go and play Gentle Giant for plebs of course you're gonna get a bad reaction. There is an appropriate middle ground in group situations

Pretty much this. Saying "i fucking hate ppl" like this just makes you look really immature. I mean you are because you're still in college but maybe you can learn to know better and act around it.

Just to clarify though, youre right about people saying something sucks way too quickly, but usually a group study isn't the best time to introduce people to new music. Most of these people won't ever change their taste because they are instantly dismissive and you can't do much about it. I put on Black Sands by Bonobo last time I was in this kind of situation; perfectly accessible but still good music

tfw to intelligent

>Put what I thought was normie-friendly but decent music like Red Hot, Nujabes and Kanye's MDTF
Yeah I feel you there
Fails every time OP

It's actually kind of odd the range of responses you'll get from normies though, when I came to Uni I expected everyone to be into current year p4kcore and hip-hop but instead everyone was into indie music that I listened to when I was a teenager

Bullseye with the Gentle Giants. I thought it would be nice, but it wasn't

I'm preety sure everyone feels like this at some low points. I can't do much about what I feel, but I sure can about how I react. And I reacted well.

Yeah, it isn't the best line of thought, but I need life to give me a beating first to mature and stop thinking like that I guess

I do understand how you feel man, I have really fucking bad anxiety and before this year I was super angsty about other people and shit, chavs and the like. Things just change on their own though so just wait for it

>Oy user
>Being friends with jews

baka

Just tell them that they evidently have no business whatsoever judging your taste and invest in a good pair of headphones

shouldve just put on AOTS
its top Sup Forumscore for a reason

prog is gay and so is everything else you played

Stop watching anime

Reminds me of something that happened once

>be with friends at a pool party over summer break
>most of my female friends are in the pool
>two other friends and i are making some drinks outside of the pool
>chick i've been flirting with gives me her phone and tells me to put on some music
>put some jamiroquai cause i thought it was somewhat normie-friendly and dumb enough to be funny
>"user what the fuck is that shit lol put my bruno mars playlist instead"
>mfw

C'mon, they're not even that different

You're a normie too.

Prog rock does suck though, as does everything else you mentioned. At least pleb music is fun.

just put on tame impala you autist

There's your problem. Sup Forums overestimates what's normie. You thought that was normie, but how many times have you heard some songs from those artists on radio stations? Here's a good rule of thumb, if the music video doesn't have at least 100mill+ views, chances are your friends don't know about it/won't like it. I guarantee you if you had put on "All of The Lights" your friends would've liked it, even though it's one of the shittier songs from MDTF.

Normies like: Ed Sheeran, Maroon 5, Katy Perry, Bruno Mars, Sia, Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj, Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift, Meghan Trainor, etc

Pleb music isn't fun unless you're dancing while drunk.