I've been a NEET for 8 years

I've been a NEET for 8 years.
Never had a GF
Never had a job
No dad
Never went to prom
No friends

I just want a human connection with another person but it feels impossible.

Also /neet/ thread share how long it's been and how you're doing.

I would recommend getting a job somewhere if that's an option. You'll be around people more. That, or try to go on regular walks. Literally just walk around and think about shit. Try to go to different places and think about what you want in life. You'll gravitate towards a place or a thing you like to do on your regular walks and might even bump into someone and start a conversation. Join a group or a club. You gotta make an effort

get a job and start walking. if you dont youre just going to stay a neet and bitch and moan all day. you dont like a situation, then fucking change it or just be satisfied with who you are. a neet. even be a janitor if you have to

that

why do you choose to live that way?

i'll be your friend man, at least for the duration of this thread.

Second year as a NEET here, only 17.
Dropped out of school for medical reasons.
Have been offered atleast 5 different jobs.
Not accepted any because I've had to look after my sick mother and 3 siblings.

Family is rich so its ok.
They've told me they don't really want me leaving home at all.
When I try and help the family I get yelled at for it, even if I did nothing wrong and just made a whole fucking dinner for them.

Only friend lives in another county, and my medical condition doesn't really allow me to get out of the house too often.

I have been trying to get /fit/ working out in personal gym my parents got.
But most of the time I'm just in bed in pain, thinking about how this fucking sucks.

eyyyy I've been NEET for the past 4 years. Long term GF just left me. If this isn't the lowest point in my life future me is in some serious shit.

Can I be your friend? I don't have any

What keeps you alive? what do you live for? Do you have friends?

i'll be your friend as long as we're here together.

>No friends

He already said no.

Do you have a hobby?

I know how you feel OP. I was like you once too. I'd recommend watching Welcome to the NHK. Its a hard-hitting show that I can almost guarantee will change you. it got me through depression. only downside is its an anime but it addresses the issues perfectly.

You don't need a human connection. that's just society getting to your head.

Gggaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy

Reading. mainly intellectual subjects
Trying to write a book right now, i guess that counts
Vidya
Getting into internet arguments
Just hanging out with my friends doing whatever
Midnight walks around the neighborhood
Jacking off

Same here pretty much. What is your book about?

Currently headed nowhere in life, future neet inbound. Skipping school all day to toke up with my buddies and "hustling" as the niggers call it to get by.
Any tips or life advice?

Sort of a historical fantasy type novel but not exactly, kinda hard to explain. It's set in a culture that I invented myself but serves as an allegory of Republican Rome

This sounds really interesting
Are you going to publish it when it's done? I'd like to read it

I've been a NEET ever since I graduated Uni last December. I was rejected for JET which I applied to while still in school (rejected for a second time), and haven't been able to find work anywhere. I've been applying, even going to interviews in some cases, but I never get a call back. It's getting rough, because I don't want to keep being a parent-dependent NEET, and everyday feels exactly the same. I don't know what to do. I exercise daily, but all I really have to look forward to is RuneScape and that.

I think about suicide much more often.

Da'fuck is a neet? You all need to get off the Internet and find some fuckin jerbs. Lazy pieces of shit, that ain't no way get high.

Literally same bro.
Rs, gains and neeting

yeah i'm hoping to. amazon has a self-publishing service that i think i'll use. are you writing anything?

If you want to email me we can become email pals and encourage each other. I'm 30 so I can be your pseudo dad.

Go back to the library faggots

make sure you graduate, don't become a high school dropout for starters.
work as an uber driver part time

I live far away from home. I have no friends or family here. I've never had a gf. All I really have here is a solid post college job.

I do visit friends and family once every other month, but honestly I don't really see myself starting any kind of life in the city I'm at. I'm just hoarding money and job skills. That will hopefully get me to somewhere I'd rather be.

dude that's like, super rare
fuck human connection let's see how long you can keep this going for

I've been mulling over learning a new language (Korean, Mandarin, or Russian), but can't really find the motivation to do so. It's like
>why bother if it's more likely you're just going to rot here, never seeing any of those places ever again?

Also just go out and get a job, just try it. It's not like that job is your career, you can quit. But you may meet new friends and learn a whole lot and change everything

I'm in the process of writing a script for a cgi animated series. It's like a psychological comedy type thing. I do have plans for writing a novel in the future. Still thinking about the plot

You shouldn't wait for a call back, you should call them first a couple of days after the interview. You call and say "Hi I'd like to speak to the manager" and when you speak to the manager you say "Hi I'm user I interviewed with you a couple of days ago. I wanted to know whether or not I got the position".
It makes it look like you actually want the job and makes places more prone to hire you

Even when I do, they just lie and give me some BS about 'we'll call you back/e-mail you when we get something ready.'

After that, you should wait a couple of more days and keep calling and repeating. Don't stop until they give you an answer. Trust me, Sup Forumsro places look for shit like that

Get a job, get a gym membership, hangout at coffee shops or bars, whatever. You'll meet people just, try to be more open.

You idiot. Get off Sup Forums first of all. You can come back once you get your life together. Second, whether you're ugly or stupid, it's never too late to kill yourself.

Old school shit advice that doesn't work anymore. How out of touch are you? Are you living in the 1980s?

Nobody wants to hangout with you're shit tier ass. Go see a fucking therapist and git ur self some fucking antidepressants mothafuka.

the manga fucked me up even more. read it in one night. it didn't change me for better, it worsened my depression

That can be a hard funk to get out of. Still trying myself but I dunno I just kind of want to drop out at this point. Never been more sick of it all in my life.

In all likelihood they will give you some nonsense like that. Occasionally they will give you a straightforward reply. But in every case it makes you look better which you need every drop of if you're going to un-NEET yourself.

Also I find giving a fuck about my job to be a good way of socializing at work if you can call it that. It also helps pass the time by. By no means do people actually love their job, but taking some pride in it makes things more bearable.

Every thing in life is a stepping stone user. No one expects you to have a sick job in 5 years and sorority girls on a boat. But you can absolutely improve your life if you force yourself to take steps in the right direction.

Action builds motivation not the other way around. It's silly but it took me a few years to realize it.

yup.

do you work for a legit studio?

suicideistheonlyoption

No, at home. But I am working with a guy at adultswim, so who knows.

so what novel ideas do you have?

Nest advice I've read on Sup Forums in quite a while.
If you don't at the very least do this, which is the minimum you can do, then you 100% deserve your current situation and should simply kill yourself and stop wasting other people's resources

Few things are as daunting but rewarding as taking responsibility for your life. It can suck and you will have setbacks but god it feels good when you can look at something you created no matter how insignificant it seems to others. Whether it's a group of friends or a job. Go join a club or something with people who have similar interests. They may be able to throw in a good word for you where they work.

I've been thinking about writing a historical western set around the 1890s with a touch of fantasy/urban legends. Still developing the idea

I'm about to finish my PhD and I'm afraid I've got an extended period of NEET ahead of me. I have a gf who does pretty well so I am moving in with her for a bit, hopefully I can land a job soon. Fuck. Any tips for me Sup Forumsros?

Ik how you feel dude

Go for it man.
save this link
createspace.com

The people who do this are either mentally ill, or horrifyingly ugly (in appearance). It's probably for the best that NEETS don't have any social connection because if it results in offspring- subjecting another human to your genes is incredibly sadistic.

this

apart from that, work on your fitness if anything in the mean time. when you start looking after youre health your whole perspective can change. working out can make you more confident which can lead to better things

it's 2017. this is how you annoy your potential employers. get with the times.

source: i'm a hiring manager. don't fucking call us to ask if we've considered you. we spent the time interviewing you, we've considered you.

Thanks man. I think I'll use this when It's done

do something you enjoy for a bit until your thesis defense. Think of it as the one opportunity you have to do something fun before you become a work slave.

Or you could pick up some project related to your degree. 10 inches away from a PhD is effectively having a phd. The people who understand advanced degrees know this and they can give you something to do. Maybe there's a project you'd like to do to fatten your resume.

But really just go on vacation as long as your work will be okay

Thanks, bud. I am stupid close to defending (probably this month). Just don't have any job prospects and some student loans I have to pay so I'm freaking out a little.