Why all nominally "scary" and "evil" black metal musicians have stupid Kiss makeup...

Why all nominally "scary" and "evil" black metal musicians have stupid Kiss makeup? The combination of putting on foundation like Paul Stanley and worshipping Satan is so fucking stupid I cant help laughing everytime I think of it..

it's kvlt you false
I suggest you leave the hall

metal sucks thats why

I piss your hall, I piss your maybelline
Where is your satan now, Branislav?

he's cucking you rn

I'm a virgin you piss off shit

Daaaadddd.....you're EMBARRASING me!

spbp

they didnt worship satan that was a myth
idk i think it looks pretty cool

gene simmons is pretty spooky

I think it's a European thing. It's like kilts or something. In their own way it's really not as gay somehow.

It's called corpse paint
Basically Dead (in your pic) wore it because he wanted to feel more like a corpse or something along those lines

If you're trying to excuse it then its not really working.

>"why does some fashion from 20 years ago look dated?"
Hmmmm

I'm not trying to excuse anything you faggot. OP asked a question and I answered it

He wanted to feel more like Paul Stanleys corpse? That's what he looks like

Most entertainers wear makeup or a funny costume. Is this your first time listening to music?

"I can't take black metal bands wearing corpse paint seriously."

- Grimes

Black Metal was literally put together by a bunch of edgy teenagers who wanted to look edgy. They were actually extremely intelligent teenagers, but edgy teenagers they were nonetheless. The pioneering bands like Darkthrone and Burzum eventually grew out of it, but by then the genre was already associated with that look, so all the bandwagon hoppers copied the look for the sole purpose of marketing. Comb through the major bands of the genre, and you'll notice that a lot of the bands that really cared about the music eschewed the make up, like Dissection and Rotting Christ, while many of the shallow bands going for money got really into it, like Dark Funeral. The major exception is that some great bands kept it going for theatrical, dark, "evil" theatrical effect, like Gorgoroth, Carpathian Forest, and Barathrum, but those bands are very consciously using it for theatrical effect.

>The combination of putting on foundation like Paul Stanley and worshipping Satan is so fucking stupid I cant help laughing everytime I think of it..

Isn't that the point?

How long until we see a mainstream hip-hop artist wearing corpse paint do you think? ICP doesn't count.

Tech-9? I think

I guess. I'm surprised Bones hasn't wore any yet.

>theatrical
lol buncha high school drama fags putting on some gay play

Have you been bullied in high school?

Don't knock gay drama fags. Bowie and Bolan were genius.

>genius
so the polar opposite of dweeby black metal dorks trying to make mom freak

> artists do something goofy and over-the-top because it's goofy and over-the-top
> "LMAOOOOOO le CRINGE amirite /myoo/???? xDDDDDD"

>artists do something goofy and over-the-top
>because it's goofy and over-the-top
nope. they were completely sincere and genuine with their retarded shit. try again

>tfw KISS didn't invent corpsepaint

I AM THE GOD OF HELLFIRE
AND I BRING YOU

why do hip hop artists wear hoodies and excessive jewelry?
why do tumblrfags wear fake glasses and dye their hair wacky and randum colors?
why do punks wear torn clothing and have crazy hair and shit?

because its all part of a subculture
honestly this is so basic that you need to feel ashamed for asking this

I GOT MY LUNCHBOX AND I'M ARMED REAL WELL

all the things you listed are retarded too
honestly this is so basic that you need to feel ashamed for posting this

Early black metal musicians were NERDS. I'm talking Dungeons and Dragons, role playing games, pretty much all of them were into Lord of the Rings. They weren't cool, bad ass kids.
They were anti-mainstream, and being portrayed as evil by the media only helped their "cause", so it became more of a thing.

how embarrassing senpaitachi

>this
basically just kids with alot of imagination

>They were actually extremely intelligent teenagers
How so?

This is what a giant set of blue balls does to a guy once he's in his 20s and a kissless virgy.
>D&D
>not even once

A S S D E A D I C K S