Nu metal general

can you rec me some good nu metal albums?
i've checked out deftones' and korn's discographies, and i'm looking for more

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L-iepu3EtyE
youtube.com/watch?v=bkHRmze-Pvs
youtube.com/watch?v=LMKfIXdxh-U
youtube.com/watch?v=nwBjhgC139I
youtube.com/watch?v=xDdGrlylcEU
youtube.com/watch?v=wMB0gp2k3Sc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

soad

jenny death

i was never into their songs during my younger years, always felt way too incoherent (literally a bunch of "chop sueys")
but who knows, maybe i'll like their stuff now, i'll see
old meme

how does this sound like chop suey?
youtube.com/watch?v=L-iepu3EtyE

checc thiz shizz out mang
>youtube.com/watch?v=bkHRmze-Pvs
>youtube.com/watch?v=LMKfIXdxh-U
>youtube.com/watch?v=nwBjhgC139I

i didn't mean that all of their songs sound specifically like chop suey, but that most of their songs are equally all over the place and incoherent mash-ups of different styles
that song is not bad, though
coal chamber's live shows back in the 90's look intense as hell
you can tell that a bunch of deathcore bands took some influence

Slipknot's first 3 albums

Limp Bizkit's debut is great
youtube.com/watch?v=xDdGrlylcEU

Disturbed is probably the best nu metal band, let's be honest.

Disturbed's first 3 albums have plenty of good tracks on them, just remember it's basically pop metal so naturally don't expect much depth.

SOAD and Rage Against the Machine are both fantastic

Check out the bands "Margret Heater" (The Frankenrecord) and Jimmie's Chicken Shack (Pushing The Salmonella Envelope). Two very underrated nu metal bands from Maryland.

Also Static-X's Shadow Zone, Twin Method's (Not to be confused with Twisted Method) The Volume Of Self, SOAD's self titled, Deftones' first three albums, Nonpoint, 40 Below Summer, The Kennedy Soundtrack's Tale Of 2 Cities (Underrated nu metal from Wales), Hed PE's Blackout, Machine Head's The Burning Red (yes, that was nu metal), Slayer's Diobolous In Musica (yes, that too), Skillet's Alien Youth, Snot's Get Some and Strait Up, Cold's self titled, and Vanilla Ice's Hard to Swallow (I'm serious).

TL,DR: Frankenrecord, Salmonella Envelope, Shadow Zone, The Volume Of Self, SOAD, Deftones, Nonpoint, 40 Below Summer, Tale Of 2 Cities, Blackout, The Burning Red, Diabolous In Musica, Alien Youth, Get Some, Strait Up, Cold, Hard To Swallow.

Some deep/semi-deep cuts, OP:
>Seo Taiji - Ultramania
>Snot - Get Some
>Folder - Keep the Flow
>Earth Crisis - Slither
>My Ticket Home - Strangers Only
>Flapjack - Juicy Planet Earth
>Powerman 5000 - Mega Kung Fu Radio

i listened to iowa a while back and forgot to mention it, but i do remember enjoying it
i'll give it another spin soon
i always hated disturbed, don't know why
ratm s great, but that's rap rock, not nu metal
i've heard that the first two limp bizkit albums are pretty good and it's all downhill after that
i believe that statement because the first limp bizkit song i heard is rolling, and that's off of chocolate starfish
thanks for the recs, i'll check these out

Korn's self titled is eons ahead of anything else they've produced. It's so raw and emotional- jonathan has the most sincere delivery on every track. You can truly feel the bleakness of his world.

agreed, although i'd add that the following 2-3 albums are pretty damn good (not as good as the debut, but worth checking out)
after that, their music went downhill in every way imaginable

issues is their second best album after the s/t and their last good album

it's underrated since most people tend to stop with them after follow the leader

>Recommends a Static-X album besides Wisconsin Death Trip
Don't send the poor boy astray

Seconding Cold's s/t though, that one and 13 Ways are both pretty solid.
Also check out Mudvayne's L.D. 50

agreed, issues is really underrated
mudvayne seems a bit too cringy from a visual standpoint, i really can't see myself listening to what is essentially juggalo nu metal
i assume they have some good songs, maybe even good albums, but i can't stand their image

I honestly love everything up until Korn III. havent checked out the newest album yet really. That being said. Untitled is great and gets too much shit just because korn 'changed their sound' it was a better direction than the dubstep anyway..

You should check out Eyesburn
They're a Serbian reggae/nu metal/alternative rock fusion band from Belgrade
>youtube.com/watch?v=wMB0gp2k3Sc

Welcome by Taproot is sound