Mary Sue CUNT

This bitch has literally no character arc. She learns fucking nothing in Oz.

From the second the con man magician talks to her in Kansas her story arc is complete. She learns that her family loves her right then and there. She doesn't learn there's no place like home in Oz, she already wanted to go home.

She's doesn't become more brave. She stands up to the witch in the exact same way she stood up to Mrs Glick. She doesn't become less naive, she wizard still cons her with cheap tricks in the same way the con man did. She doesn't become smarter or develop more of a heart. Her relationships with the lion and the tin/straw man are identical to her irl counterparts.

Did audiences just have no expectations?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HqoRLWyOw7g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's in TECHNICOLOR DUDE
DID YOU SEE DEM GRAPHICS
they were simpler times

DUDE DARK SIDE OF THE RAINBOW LMAO

You obviously dont see the esoteric messages in this film. Stay profane

Calm down bro.

It was just a dream.

Uh it was a dream she had you fucking retard.

It's still a movie and a story.

Labyrinth is just a dream too, but that bitch learned all sorts of shit and was a different person at the end.

>He doesn't have epiphanies in his sleep

>It's still a movie and a story.
It is a literal fairy tale.

Sometimes the MC learns nothing and experiences no character growth whatsoever.

>Did audiences just have no expectations?
The audience has a realistic expectation. Adults understand that it is a fairy tale. Kids don't give a fuck. Autists like you couldn't possibly enjoy something like TWoO unless it was directed by Kubrick.

>Labyrinth is just a dream too, but that bitch learned all sorts of shit and was a different person at the end.
Yeah she was a dead person at the end.

>Autists like you couldn't possibly enjoy something like TWoO unless it was directed by Kubrick.
But if it was directed by Kubrick it might actually be good... and have some depth beyond "little kids like it"

The wizard wasn't even a wizard. Just a lone mad man playing with people's minds. Very bizarre film

Sounds like marvel movies to me

Depth =/= good

I said it would be good AND have depth. Not t it would have depth and therefore be good. Fucking dumbass

You're right user. Even depth couldn't make Wizard of Oz a good movie.

Sounds like your head's up your ass.

There's no need to be angry

Depth =/= bad either. Wtf is your point? user wasn't saying depth would automatically make the movie good. But having depth is never a bad thing either. Sometimes it's just not enough to save a shit film though.

wonder if that dog is dead

You got it all wrong. She runs away and meets the wizard, and then decides she wants to go back, but she can't because she has to learn that her actions have consequences. Having ran away, she must learn that she has to deal with the adventure of getting out there, and she has to overcome that before she can actually return home.

It's not just about her learning that there's no place like home, it's about her learning that if she runs away she CAN'T just return home like that.

I dont knlw, but she was fuckin cute

OP status:
[ ] not BTFO
[ ] BTFO
[X] utterly and completely BTFO

but kids are supposed to like it, go watch your shitty adult movies you pretentious faggot

bullshit she learned a lot

youtube.com/watch?v=HqoRLWyOw7g

You know who had an arc OP?
Noah.

The Wizard of Oz is an indictment of fiat currency. It argues in favor of a gold standard.

You're a terrible person and you made me laugh, asshole.

>wonder if that dog is dead
After 77 years, I'd imagine so.

>That scene where Dorothy has to share a cell with Adebisi

>Fly my niggers, fly!
I know this movie is old but man that's a bit much for a family film.