Which sport takes more skill, Sup Forums?

Which sport takes more skill, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pZ2gNuQLBW4
youtube.com/watch?v=sYZXogw8AtA
youtube.com/watch?v=5ElWUNJ8008
youtube.com/watch?v=lY4TvyAflYU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=iNIN1364XAU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Try making a basket from 30 feet out, see how many you can make in a row

Now try kicking a soccer ball into a net from 30 feet out

You tell me which is harder to do

Is Stephis curry shooting?

Try making a basket from 30 feet out into a basket the size of a soccer net, see how many you can make in a row

Now try kicking a soccer ball into a basket sized net from 30 feet out

You tell me which is harder to do

A

>literally moving goalposts

WUZ

football is like 70% skill 30% athleticism while basketball is the other way around.

Baseball or basketball.
Baseball, you're trying to hit a ball going over 80 MPH with a tiny ass bat. Not only that, but you're trying to hit it at different spots.
Basketball, you're running up and down the court for extended minutes. You're defending and playing offense back and forth, trying to time jumps for blocks, cutting through defense, and shooting a ball into a tiny hoop.

Football is literally fat people pushing each other and tiny people trying to go in between them.

>being a tall nigger and dropping a ball in a hoop effortlessly because you're a tall nigger

I never understood why people freak out when someone gets dunked.

It's a lot harder than it looks you manlet. Especially when you're up against guys playing defense.

this

So with you logic then hockey must take the most skill because of the size of the puck and the speed of the game also on skates.

Hakeem and Duncan started playing in their mid to late teens and became all time greats. Literally impossible in football, you have to start as a babby to achieve GOAT status.

>Manlet
>5' 5"
Get it right fagget

You're not hitting a ball, you're moving a puck. Only person that has to worry about the puck is the goalie, which doesn't even go by that fast compared to baseball. Why do you think they rarely score in games?

No its the same, because soccer and basketball players usually give out in their mid to late 30's

Clearly you haven't tried to stop a Zdeno Chara slap-shot?

nobody is this fucking stupid

people think this about basketball but it's not the case. 50/50 is more fair. if you've ever played basketball you'd know how incredibly skill intensive it is. people see big black guys and assume they're just big and that's why they're good which applies to some players but not many. consider they get to do what they do while being guarded by equally or more athletic players. solo guarding in basketball is more aggressive than in soccer by the way since you can use more of your body.

You act like it's impossible to block. It's still hockey and I bet their score was still low as fuck.

Prolly soccer but not my much. Both are very tough and the shit pros do is downright incredible

So what if the score is 'low'

Basketball is more skill than an athleticism I feel.

Just look at Larry Bird. Pudgy white guy who used skill and his smarts to beat the stronger more athletic players. Even a big guy like Shaq, his post up game takes a lot of disciple and skill, it's why you don't see anymore good bugs. None of them have the skill for it, despite being big guys.

>are you 7' or taller and have the athleticism of an average highschooler?
Congrats you can play in the NBA, you don't even have to hit 50% of your FTs

Nice sport you have there kiddo

Those guys are used for rebounding and defense, not thier offense. It's a strategic thing, you wouldn't understand.

manlet triggered

I find basketball "easier" to play since I'm 6'1 (much taller than the average here) I got decent relatively quickly when I picked it up in middle school.
On the other hand I played football almost everyday since first grade and I'm still shit at it.
I even got invited to join my Uni's basketball team by some random teacher because I was the tallest guy in his class.

>things needed for basketball
>be tall
>practice shooting same position 10000 times

Honestly soccer takes more skill in terms of both teamwork and skill. There are an infinite amount of way to score a goal, about 2 ways to make a basket.

Literally most points made from basketball are niggers losing sight of one dumb ass because they look at the ball and not the player. The only way to defend someone is basketball is to either jump with them at the same time or jump higher. I don't get why niggers hype up "cross overs" in their sport. It's literally the easiest thing ever. "I'm going over here, oh wait no I'm not but you fell for it nigger I win."

You don't know anything about basketball you sound like a retard

Coming from Canada, oh boy.
I play both sports, basketball is easier and people can get away with the same move 1million times until some smart person actually takes notice.
It's much easier to control something with you hands and move with your feet than to do both with the 2 things keeping you standing.

Apehoop takes literally no skill at all. One of the most dominant NBA players OF ALL TIME (Shaq) couldn't even fucking shoot. And he was literally unstoppable in his prime.

Apehoop takes literally no athleticism at all. One of the most dominant NBA players OF ALL TIME (Bird) had the back of a fucking 50 year old and would literally take offense when the opposing coach put a non-black player to guard him. And he was literally unstoppable in his prime.

>most skillzzilled sport ever created

Shook af senpai

Come to the US, Paco, and I guarantee you'd get balled up by some random 5'7 guy at the park. US basketball is literally on another level compared to the rest of the world.

>average NBA player is 6'7 (201cm) tall
The only good football player close to that height is Ibrahimovic who is 6'5 (195cm) and he's incredibly skillful considering his size.
While pace may be the most important athletic aspect in football, some players like Ozil, Godin, Modric, Hummels, Busquets, Kroos, Iniesta, Fabregas, Lahm, Rakitic, Silva, Modric, Bonucci, Chiellini Barzagli, are definitely top 30 in the world right now without being particularly fast or even physically strong in some cases.

>There are an infinite amount of way to score a goal, about 2 ways to make a basket.

Ways to make a basket in Basketball:

>Dunk
>Lay up
>Mid range Jumper
>3 Pointer
>Hook Shot
>Fadeaway
>Turn Around Fadeaway
>Free Throw
>Alley-Oop
>Floater
>Step Back Jumper
>Stepthrough
>Spin Move
>Up and Under
>Rolling Shot
>Jump Stop
>Pull Up Jumper

Ok, your turn soccer. And these are the ones I can think of just off the top of my head.

>Only person that has to worry about the puck is the goalie

I wish, if this were true then the modern game wouldn't suck so much

Doesn't the tallness lose it's advantage when you're playing against other tall people?

What, then, makes the difference?

So.....either throw release the ball or just hand it in...pretty much.

Attempt goaltending in basketball when the shooter is 30 feet out, see how many you can stop in a row.

Now try goaltending when the shooter is kicking a soccer ball into a net from 30 feet out.

You tell me which is harder to do.

So you either kick it or head it in

>Basketball

youtube.com/watch?v=pZ2gNuQLBW4

>''soccer''

youtube.com/watch?v=sYZXogw8AtA

You decide which WEW you the most.

Idk but they are the 2 best sports in the world

Coming in from different angles, both the ball and the shooter, elevations, scenarios, left foot or right foot, which makes a huge difference, the way you kick, high low, tap in, ect...

>this post
>that flag

mmmmmmmmmmh...

All of these also apply to basketball, kek.

youtube.com/watch?v=5ElWUNJ8008

You can also walk it in, basketball btfo

youtube.com/watch?v=lY4TvyAflYU

nothing takes more skill than baseball

you try to put a 92 mph cutter in the air with a fucking wooden bat

There's nothing skillful about being a giga lanklet

13% of all male 7+ foot men in the United States have or had NBA contracts.

ya but.. Also there's players in the NBA who aren't even 6ft.

Good for them. Basketball is still a sport that's very much linked to pituitary gland problem being an advantage

Not an argument.

>Coming from Canada
You do know a Canadian invented the sport, right?

Basketball

instep drive

outside of instep

inside of instep

side of the foot pass

outside of foot

chip

rabona

back heel

scorpion kick

overhead kick

bicycle kick

full volley side of foot

full volley inside of foot

full volley outside of foot

full volley instep

half volley side of foot

half volley inside of foot

half volley outside of foot

half volley instep

toe poke

scissor kick

side volley

straight header with forehead

flick with back of head

glancing header

diving header

side of head

headed down

looped header

thigh

chest

butt

shin

shoulder

Soccer and it isn't even close. Shaq, Lebron, Wilt, were great simply because of their athleticism and/or size. DeAndre Jordan, Javel McGee

It's funny how people keep mentioning height, when currently in the NBA the most effective line up are the "small ball" line ups. The tall clunky guys you keep talking about have pretty much become a liability in today's game because of how fast paced and how skillful the shooters have become.

being tall is not a skill

>comparing mcgee a guy who's a bench player and BARELY got picked up by a team this season to three hall of famers and legends

Looks like that radiation from fukishima has really scrambled your brain.

But

>be 13 years old african projected to be 7'3" tall in adulthood
>some american guy notices you, you've never played basketball before
>get selected at number 1 pick in the draft after some years of training

gee I don't know

This is not a discussion. Until Kobe can get the ball through the hoop with just his feet, shut up.

>what takes more skill, the sport where you use your hands which is a genetic predisposition to be good with your hands or using your feet

Anyone can control a ball with their hands.

Anyone can kick a can down a street.

Try dribbling a basketball with people right in front of you the entire time trying to steal the ball. There's players literally designated just for dribbling the ball up and down the court and keeping control over it.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=iNIN1364XAU

>anyone can dribble lIke this

no one's saying dribbling in basketball is easy but you could easily make a similar compilation for any mediocre winger in football

also, football requires far more endurance

>easily make a similar compilation for any mediocre winger in football

You obviously have no idea who Allen Iverson is then.

Kobe worships Messi. He knows he's the more skilled athlete

>average goals per game in football: 2.7
>average baskets per game in basketball: 100+

It's almost like playing defense in basketball is 100x harder or something.

Because scoring is easier because the court is smaller and it's easier to throw a ball into a hoop and therefore takes less skill

Also the actual "goals" is more like 30-45 per game. But each goal is 2-3 points.

It's obviously football. The average football player trained his whole life, dedicated thousands of hours to the sport and well, he'll still struggle to get past a single defender, he'll miss dozens of sitters every season, he'll get 1 cross right out of 20 attempts, he'll score a free kick out of 40 attempts and he'll miss loads of penalties throughout his career. By the way, I'm talking about average footballers of a top league such as the EPLel or Lel Liga. It's ten times worse if you pick an average footballer of a shit league.

It's because the players are far more skilled and athletic in basketball, some of them are almost impossible to guard.

>30 per game
>15 for each team

So games end 30-30?

Each team scores 30-45 goals.

Which when multiplied by 2 is almost 100. Why bother replying?

It's a lot harder to make it in basketball because the teams are also way smaller than in soccer. 90% of rookies drafted into the NBA won't last 3 seasons.

Because you were implying that there was 100 field goals in bball games. Which is false.

Small shooters have always been skillful you retard. Ever heard of John Stockton? The NBA has literally banned defense which is the only reason why you see more small line ups.

Kobe is more skilled than LeBron but is a worse overall player because of athleticism

Messi is more skilled than Ronaldo and is also a better player even though Ronaldo is a better athlete

ergo football takes more skill to maser

Players rarely ever shot threes back in the 80s and 90s. Shooters have gotten way better since then.

Can you be a manlet in basketbal and still be good?
No

Can you be a manlet in football and still be good?
Yes

Uuhhh remind me who has more rings again?

Also lebrons passing and game intelligence is basically Magic Johnson levels.

>Can you be a manlet in basketbal and still be good?

One of the best Bball players of all time is a manlet Allen Iverson.

Basket ball has tons of players very limited skill wise.

There's no equivalent to DeAndre Jordan in football.

However, Kyrie, Westbrick, and Curry are as skilled as top football players, maybe more

#22 is 5'9, at the most, and he's one of the BEST guards in the league right now.

Also look up Allen Iverson, Chris Paul, Nate Robinson, Isiah Thomas, etc. The best players on the court are usually the wing players.

Kobe was his own worst enemy because he refused to pass the ball. Lebron on the other hand makes his entire team better because he will gladly pass up a shot to get a more efficient assist.

Just like England Invented soccer, see how that turned out

neither

>best player in the world is a computer

is a computer an athlete?

>which further proves it takes skill

if horses were athletes they would dominate the nba

Whoah, check-mate spee

Alright guys, stop being retards. Which instrument is harder to learn to play? A guitar or a piano?
Depends on your talent, preference and physical ability. Just like in sports.

the goal is big in "soccer", you have a goalie for that matter, 30 feet out whit a goalie is almost imposible and with your foot you have less control

Let's see:

>Drive to the lane, split through multiple defenders, and then attempt to put the ball into a small hoop over some 280 pound 7ft tall black guy.

OR

>Kick the ball as hard as you can into some giant net over some 5'4 Mexican.

Damn, Sup Forums, really made me think on this one!