Only just watched Mad Max: Fury Road

>Only just watched Mad Max: Fury Road
>Heard some shit about how it's "feminist propaganda"

What did I miss exactly? Because all I saw was women wanting to escape a shit life and a female and male lead working together as equals.

Great movie anyhow.

A woman who wrote the vagina monologues was brought in to help the actresses play better sex slaves and people lost their shit about it.

Well it's not like there isn't reason to be cautious of politically toxic people shitting up media nowadays.

Most overrated movie in years.

Max is barely a character. Whole movie is driving to one place, and then driving all the way back. Not even the hippie mentality of "It's not about the destination, it's about the journey" saves it. Oh good job, you dumped all your water to make the people happy, what happens when you run out in a few days? People suck its dick because of the occasional cool effect. Majority of it was cringe.

>Oh good job, you dumped all your water to make the people happy, what happens when you run out in a few days?
And this is why we say its a feminist movie.

Max was never a character you faggot

You are correct in your interpretation. Some people on this board is a bit to sensitive about women doing anything of importance in movies.

didn't seem all that feminist to me.
it's just people being oversensitive.

I thought it was pretty good, and I hope we see another.

Sup Forums is a Sup Forums hugbox

what do you expect OP

>People call it a feminist movie
>Furiosa herself was fucking wrong and the green place doesn't exist
>The many mothers are just a bunch of old hags on motorcycles roaming around the desert
>They depend on Max to take the citadel

Because 90% of the kids here are mad at their moms who don't approve of them jacking off to anime shit all day, so they develop an unhealthy hatred for women. Then it becomes an echo chamber/ hugbox for all these sad virgins, and it just gets worse.

Just ignore them OP. best cinema experience I've had in years

There was not any really.
Though I don't think the wives would have made the choice to leave in real life.
They had all the security they could want.
And women do tend to value security over freedon.

I think you're conflating the purpose of theatre and film.
Mad Max was an action movie of the highest caliber. It wasn't intended as a deep story with purpose, and its themes and subtext are totally obvious and almost irrelevant to what was good about it: Fury Road was a movie that exploited movement and action in motion, and it did it wonderfully. There were a few moments of obvious fan service and pandering, but the entire core of the movie was a brutal gunfight in constant frenetic motion.

Just Sup Forums kiddies being retarded as usual. It was a pretty great movie

>female and male lead working together as equals

well that shouldn't be happening.
women are inferior and should belong in supporting role.

>a shit life
How, exactly, was it a shit life? Considering the circumstances they had it great.
>b-but RAEP RAEEEP

movie was good. Not the 10/10 greatest action experience ever like Stuckman drones believe but it's still solid action

Real talk: yes there is a feminist element in the whole "tribe of the many mothers" part in this movie

Its not glorifying it though. The chicks were scavengers and killers just like everyone else and even the war boys are shown to be capable of goodness with Nux.

So yeah the feminist message is basically "feminism exists".

If immortan joe had been a Chad there'd literally have been no conflict in this movie

He was just old and ugly

>he watches mad max for the story of all things
Lol wut

I liked the movie but.

>shit life
>living in a goddamn library with flowing water and an abundamce of food while most people have tumors and are basically husks.

Those women had it pretty easy compared to everyone else in the movie.

Nigger, 90% of that dumped water penetrates the soil, get filtered by it, and returns to the water reservoir.
Stop being a parroting little faggot, fucking nigger.

Many people didn't watch it and are just parroting Sup Forums opinions.

Pretty great, it deserved to be the most awarded movie at oscars.

> Max was never a character

You faggots need to stop with this RLM meme as it only indicates that you never fucking watched Mad Max or the Road Warrior.

>if he doesn't worship women and isn't voting for Hillary, he must be from Sup Forums!!1!!