Ask a future soldier anything

Ask a future soldier anything

What is your MOS?

Not sure how to put this in proper American terms, but I'm in South-Eastern Finnish AA battery, currently a recruit waiting to return to service

why are you posting this user? did no one tell you about silent professionalism

how did you get back from the future? is it that bad there?

I'm not planning on posting anything even remotely sensitive, i.e the equipment in pic related is not FDF equipment. Just looking for a general discussion

hajoo aamuihis homo

fuckin crowbag. 'future soldier' is the phrase use by kids that wanna be in the army but arnt, but still want all the respect of someone currently serving, who would wanna ask you shit? what would u know besides what the internet and 'word of mouth' tells you.good luck tho, idk how good the finnish army is, but ul regret AA if u wanna acctualy fight.

Kiitos :)
I couldn't think of any other term to use. I have a little bit of first-hand experience from last year, though.

firsthand? wat u mean? wat was it?

Just stop. Soldiers don't beg for attention, children do.

You're AA.

You will never make a real soldier. Why did you choose such a shitty branch?

How do you feel about not serving in the glorious Estonian army?

Meaning that I was in service July last year
I'm not looking for attention, just conversation
Without AA, the infantry would be BTFO by just a couple bombers, also my father served in the AA before me, so that distinguishes it from others. Otherwise it would have been based on the needs of the FDF
Pretty good. I appreciate the Eesti, don't get me wrong, Finns are just better :)

so if that was true then ur not a 'future soldier'... cadets or watever u call it dosnt count kid...
>infantry would be...
blah blah blah what every one who isnt teeth arms says when they know there bested by the actual men who enjoy a good scrap

lul conscript scrubbo

Well, considering I will officially be a soldier in about a year or so, I think the "future" part still holds true.
Also, we are trained to fight like jaegers, so unless they send Spetsnaz at us, I think we could hold our own. Every branch is just as important as the other, if one ceaased to exist, the others would surely notice

I will say this; the conscription policy made the process of joining much easier

easier as in mandatory

You will not be a soldier. You will be a reservist.
Please, cut down the pompous crap.
t. 2/12

But then again, if it wasn't mandatory, I would have joined anyway,and the requirements would have probably been higher etc
Soldier in the reserve is still a soldier. I do hope I can get a full-time job there, though

>so unless they send Spetsnaz at us, I think we could hold our own
fucking kek
ur fuckin reserves, of corse u couldnt take on spetsnaz, doubt u could even take on a village of starving ethiopians

With the training provided over here, I'd say I'm not exaggerating.

Finish your service first, then think if you still want to do it.

what guns do they use in the future

I yearn to return there, so I do believe the feeling won't change unless I get accidentally shot or something. You never know

What's an acceptable number of civillian collateral damage kills?

Did you get E-papers?

It's always 0. But if one dead civilian saves the life of 10 others, I could perhaps live with it.
Yes. My goal is to return in a year's time