Eminem appreciation thread

>Eminem appreciation thread.

What's your favorite song from the best rapper alive? How did you feel about Eminem during his peak popularity? Were/are you a fan? Do you like his daughter?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oHUkq9Tlpxs
youtube.com/watch?v=YbjyG6fvv3c
youtube.com/watch?v=hAuo8IOFNuE
youtube.com/watch?v=kUkOYYDycTw
youtube.com/watch?v=IUfVqcjdd0w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>best rapper alive
no denying his rhyme ability but he is far from the best rapper alive. Expand your horizons lil nigga.

Name one rapper who's better. Protip: You can't, and your favorite rapper would agree with me.

Literal shitter. Eminem is the best no doubt about it. Stop being an edgy faggot and denying it.

He is the best, hands down.

I listen to all of it. I dont even like American rap that much anymore (UK/Grime is where its at)

All rapper today are trying to be as quick as Em, as witty as him, and as funny

None can touch him. Not one.

MF DOOM, Biggie, Nas, Big L, DMX, Jay Z, Kendrick, Pharaohe Monch, Ice Cube, 3 Stacks, Mos Def, 2Pac

MF Doom is deff not a better rapper. Great producer though

Deff not Nas. Big L doesnt have enough material

That is a pretty good list though.

>Pharaohe Monch

My fucking nigga. One of the most underrated rapper's ever.

Best rapper 2PAC

Literally nobody in that list comes close. And they would all agree that Em is a better rapper than they are.

>Jay Z
my sides

MF DOOM is probably the most structurally pleasing rapper of all time except for Biggie. I have never really understood the praise for Em.

So true, first verse is goat level: youtube.com/watch?v=oHUkq9Tlpxs

Abdominal

youtube.com/watch?v=YbjyG6fvv3c

I listen to Rock Bottom on repeat for hours these days. Can't say his new stuff has the same fire.

> best rapper alive
It's like being a tiddlywinks champion as far as I'm concerned.

'Kick In The Door' and 'Flava In Ya Ear Remix' alone is better than Em's whole discography

Biggie is the most overrated rapper of all time. If you had said Big Pun you'd have somewhat of a case.

>ICE CUBE
>JAY-Z
>MF DOOM
>DMX
>KENDRICK
>"BETTER THAN EMINEM"

LOL, what a basic bitch hahahaha

In all reality, can't believe people argue over subjective shit like this.

What exactly are you trying to rate them on here? Speed, flow, lyrical content, originality?

I've always felt this way to. Everyone around me loved Biggie, and while he was insanely talented vocally, Tupac was such a better rapper in every way, an actual artist.

He's overrated

tupac was an artist, biggie was a rapper, you can't even really compare the two imo

Not even close to the best rapper alive, MMLP & SSLP are good for a few listens when you're like 15 but after that you realize its shit. Also I go to the same college as his daughter, wouldnt know her if i saw her tho

Twiztid is better

Then we must decide what the most important factor a rapper can have, is it technical ability to rhyme? If so eminem is the best

Is it flow? If it is then some black guy is probably the best

Originality would again, probably go to the white guy

Speed hardly matters to be honest

>LOL, what a basic bitch hahahaha
>Eminem is the best rapper :))

There is a reason that the people I said come up in so many people's GOAT lists.

There were both niggers

I am from a eastern country. So I didn't even know who was Eminem till last year. But I came across Rap God somehow and been obsessed with this dude since. I don't lot many rappers except Tupac. I feel Eminem is almost at the same level with Tupac right now.
Favorite song : obviously rap god but I like Not afraid and mockibgbird also
Never saw his daughter, but she must be hot like him

Rhymes? DOOM

Flow? Literally anyone other than Em

Originality? Rakim, Wayne, Busta Rhymes, DMX, Slick Rick, Outkast

Don't care about speed

Watsky

too many
Infinite - backstabber
SSEP - Murder Murder
SSLP - role model, rock bottom
MMLP - Kill you, im back, criminal
ES - white america, cleaning out my closet, solider, sing for the moment
Encore - mockingbird
Relapse - 3am
Recovery - Cold wind blows, so bad
MMLP2 - wicked ways, bad guy, so much better

can confirm am eminem fag

>le epic nigger meme XD

edit, daughter is v attractive

funny how i think em went from having one of the best flows in the early 00's and now its just awful

/thread

Tupac was clearly better, both at content and flow

You're completely ignoring the fact that eminem has (had) the absolute best rhyme schemes and technical ability in the world

Eminem's multis can go for an entire verse using the same rhyme scheme

Bet you just listen to what you think sounds 'catchy' and have no idea what technical skill is

His technical skill flew out the window years ago ill admit he probably was the best rapper alive in the early 00's but now it just seems like he tries make crazy rhymes with 0 lyrical content at all or some cringeworthy pop culture diss

Go suck em's cock you might get some rhyming ability faggot

Nicky Minaj is a better rapper than Eminem , he is the worst , the only thing worse than his rapping is his shitty acting

This. I fucking love this...

youtube.com/watch?v=hAuo8IOFNuE

I dont care for eminem but i liked 8 mile, and i kinda agree with the Nicki Minaj thing

Technical skill, yes. But boring as fuck. Makes music for white kids that didn't find the emo subculture and teenage girls.

And DOOM is still better at rhymes.

>Originality
>DMX

>Outkast
>Rapper

Wayne is literal garbage and Idk why you even mentioned him, no technical skill whatsoever
And he's not the first person to be garbage so he's not even original either

>Busta rhymes
lol.

Also even rakim knows em will shit on him, that interview is everywhere on youtube

doom cant rhyme stop joking around

Insane and White America still give me goosebumps every single fucking time I listen to them. Em is the GOAT and its not even fucking close.

youtube.com/watch?v=kUkOYYDycTw

Em only has one verse in this I think but the rope and plastic rhyme scheme is pretty dope

When you say that Wayne is literal garbage that just shows how much of your hip hop knowledge comes from 9gag

MF DOOM
> Mostly a producer.

Biggie.
> Insane wordplay and flow, definitely up there.

Nas.
> Not as mainstream, nor as liked / acknowledged, but still has an incredible catalog and amazing wordplay. Definitely up there as well.

Big L.
> Can't compete catalog wise / track record wise, but would likely beat Em in a battle.

DMX.
> Angry nigger, basically, but holy fuck he was hype back in the day. Most of his lyrics are pretty basic, but his catalog, track record and hype back then was the shit. Shame he fucked himself up.

Jay Z.
> Nigga became a business, basically. Music wise he's been leeching off of Kanye the past couple of years and doing a verse here and there (weak verses btw) . I'd give his catalog the respect it deserves and his delivery was wild, but he's not a rapper anymore. Same as Dre and Puff.

Kendrick.
> Good, no doubt, but come back in 5-10 years and we'll judge. Kendrick's doing the same as Run The Jewels and other acts, difference is he's mainstream, approachable and liked.

Pharaohe Monch.
> Underrated as fuck.

Ice Cube.
> Angry nigger - same as X - mostly gang, city or street related anthems. Good delivery and all, good catalog.

3 Stacks.
> Can't put a finger on 3 stacks. He is insane and the fact that a lot of acts nowaday beg for 3 stack's verse says it all.

Mos Def.
> Underrated, fits in the same category as Q-tip, Taleb Kwali. Basically doing Kendrick before Kendrick.

2Pac.
> Can't compare. 2pac was an entirely different time, place and everything. Tupac was to the black youth what Eminem was to young and troubled back in the late 90's and early 00's.

>best rapper alive
>as cringy as Insane Clown Posse
kek no

Remember when he got into a fight with Triumph the insult comic dog?

This guy knows his shit

The thing em needs to be super cosmic god tier is flow, and I don't mean now (em sucks ass now). If he had biggies ability to flow AND still kept his own level of wordplay and technical skill, he would be the best. (pre encore)

Everyone needs to stop riding eminems dick. he has S+ level wordplay but everything else is just average, especially in the current time

youtube.com/watch?v=IUfVqcjdd0w

The technical skilllllll

MF doom mostly a producer? You're having a laugh

Everybody has their time and Em's time passed. He struggled to find a place a couple years back. That song with Rihanna and all.. Wayne had his time and he was fucking insane back then (Dedication 2, Carter 3), Nelly had his time (he was actually a pretty skilled emcee, no joke) and so and so forth. I gotta give props to Kanye on this one because he's actually managed to stay relevant and follow the current flow of events within the music scene. I mean, I don't see Em adapting to the game as it is now, regardless of how Stans (no pun intended) feel. His Catalog is insane, he was a true inspiration, a hero to a lot of people and a skilled emcee, no doubt.

Not denying Em's prowess as one of the greatest, but K.A.A.N has some great potential to be the best. He just needs so years under his belt and not to sellout. Check him out, he won't disappoint.

I know of his flow, lyrical abilities, delivery and all. He's great, no doubt, but I acknowledge him for his productions, hence the comment.

>your favorite rapper would agree with me.
hurrdurr they are all dead

"A brainiac, with a cranium packed
Full of more uranium than a maniac Saudi Arabian"

beast as fuck, too bad hes lame now
I miss his old shit

OP said best rapper ALIVE. How are you idiots putting Big L, Pac and Biggie in the running for best rapper ALIVE??

drugs

My favorite Eminem song is Drips, from my favorite album of his The Slim Shady LP

>best rapper
>has to be alive
>limited to english lyrics
>also american only

best album as a whole was recovery, no debate.
best song was infinite.

Not a big rap enthusiast but I'll chime in on a friendly discussion.
I liked DMX back in the day, as some other user said angry nigger but hype as fuck. I enjoyed the intensity of the guy's music, even when the content of it didn't really touch me or relate to anything for me.

Eminem has the same kind of thing going on but generates a broader appeal. He isn't so over focused on things I'm not interested in (drugs, money, women, etc.) but brings that anger and intensity on shit I can relate to (poverty, the struggle, hypocrisy and cultural cowardice).

When you talk about him falling off you gotta keep in mind, he's getting towards middle age now and he's rich as fuck. Anger is a motivating mother fucker but it's hard to be angry when you're middle aged and successful.