/nba/ - Wew Kobe Edition

Destiny will bring us together, Jimmy. I just know it. Be the Pippen to my Jordan: Edition

ATL:Paul Millsap scores 17 points in win vs. NOP
HOU:Pat Beverley plays, but wrist still an issue
TOR:Kyle Lowry scores 33 points in win, 19 in 4Q
OKC:Russell Westbrook's 49 points not enough
LAK:Brandon Ingram will start for Luol Deng
IND:Myles Turner explodes for 25-15 with 5 blocks
DET:Boban Marjanovic grabs career-high 19 boards
CHA:Nicolas Batum (right knee) will not return
NO:Terrence Jones starts 3Q over Solomon Hill
LAK:Luol Deng out against the Blazers on Thursday
ATL:Woj: Hawks actively in trade talks on Millsap
DEN:Darrell Arthur starts, Will Chandler to bench

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sgUMAAmNtus
youtube.com/watch?v=YpBZuuaR-9w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I want to marry westbrook

Watching the replay of the OKC-HOU game and it's obvious to be this team just needs help on offense, that's it.

This team is very good defensively and has a lot of good individual one on one defenders but the problem is their rotations team defense, whether they aren't communicating too much or they just need more time together, I don't know, but as time goes on they'll get this right. This team was hastily assembled since KD left and fucked them over by doing it when all the free agents had already been signed.

Then on offense, it's the most drastic thing. As soon as Westbrook leaves it goes to shit, like really bad, but better since Oladipo left but it looks like the offense 100% runs through Kanter since Oladipo was injured and now Oladipo has to adapt to that since they can't go back to him being the #1 option.

And when it comes to the point they make a comeback and tie the game, they can't consistently play together too long and build a lead, as soon as they get a 4 point lead they can't break the hump, make it a 6-8-10 point lead and go from there, to many blown assignments and struggles on offense.

This team is literally, how far can Westbrook carry us? And other guys just stand there, don't take an initiative to get themselves open and help Westbrook outside of spot up shooting and posting up in the paint.

Like Roberson, you're a horrible as fuck shooter, make a fucking cut you lazy bum, Westbrook is on the top of the key just dribbling, trying to read his guys, they just stand there, so he jacks up a three because they aren't doing shit.

When Sabonis sets a pick, he goes to the three point line, so you think he wants to shoot the ball but he's stopped shooting the three for whatever reason even tho that's the best part of his game. Fucking shoot you fucking faggot, he didn't try a single three this entire fucking game despite being left wide open half the time.

this post contains some of my life force to help OKC get jimmy butler, to help Westbrook fight the forces of evil, reply to this and help the cause.

fourth for best timeline

who here /texas/

5th for Jimmy G

implying i am reading all of that

Ill give you a (You) though

Jimmy G. B.

the B stands for Brodie ayyy.

Then Oladipo, you're more than just a three point shooter, make some mid range shots or fucking cut for a lob dunk or layup.

Adams needs to set more screens or put himself in more positions to be on the shoulder, face towards the basket, so he can catch a little pass and use that floater real quick.

Kanter needs to shoot more on the pick and pop. And fucking protect the rim and watch your man instead of ball watching all the fucking time on defense.

Grant needs to stop forcing up shots om the most retarded drive attempts after he's already denied, like fuck me you can at least cut from the three point line real quick instead of telegraphing to everyone you're about to drive to the basket because everyone knows you can't shoot for shit.

That last block by Grant was clean btw so Rockets won on refball but overall OKC had 2 chances to put this game away without relying on Westbrook making tough shots.

Insane three point shooting by him but he should've stopped trying after he had already hit 7. Overall still efficient but at the wrong time because everything after the 7th was a miss then the 8th was a blessing.

Once you see Roberson being forced to take a bunch of threes, you'd think Sabonis would get the message and start shooting them instead since he's way better, but no, he didn't attempt a single one.

can anyone explain why the fuck atlanta trades korver to the cavs? if they're not even the 8 seed i understand...but they're 20-14 in a weak conference and could easily get to the second round. are they fucking stupid?

>wake up
>Jimmy is going to OKC
w-wew

>Then Oladipo, you're more than just a three point shooter, make some mid range shots or fucking cut for a lob dunk or layup.

oladipo actually does this and tries on offense, don't know what you're watching. The reason he stands in the corner is because he can actually make 3's and gives westbrook the option to drive and kick. Midrange shots are statistically the worst shots, and he DOES cut you just don't notice because half the time westbrook just ignores him.

Jimmy to OKC is not my favorite meme

Hinkie
Lebron
Popovitch

How many titles doe they win? , all in their prime.

No point when you can't beat LeGod and your two best players only have a year left on their contract.

BLOW
IT
UP

Not this game.

korver is an expiring contract that they won't resign. He's also 35 years old and could retire/fall off the face of the earth at any moment in the next couple years. Any value they can get at all for him is worth it, as far as attaining future assets go keeping him is a net negative. People are acting like he's this huge asset, he's not, he's a great player but that doesn't necessarily translate to a great contract.

As for why the cavs and why they decided to take almost nothing, I think they're planning something bigger. Maybe they need to free up some space to absorb a bigger contract in a trade down the road. They definitely have another trade planned, or else they would have asked for a decent replacement, but the fact that they're only getting a draft pick means they need the roster space/cap space.

It is mine.

MOUNTAIN DEW BROS COMING TO OKC

fuck off already

>lakers are shit
>bulls are shit
>boston is mediocre

worst era ever

rockets thunder cavs broship? roc nation?

>lose Duncan
>everybody complains about Kawhi being soft
>29-7 record

(You)

>look ma! it posted this epic jpg and webm again! that'll show em!

duncan was holding them back desu

remember /nba/ stay me7o

(You)

washington is bad, and bulls about to tank, knicks totally still got a shot, they just gotta trust in the melocess

dark days ahead lakers faithful

Ah, good ol' nigger hoop ball. I enjoy taking my kids to the zoo to see this event.

dark days ahead forever unless they scam teams for trades

ingram is a bust, dlo and young are shit and will never get better

I think Pop strangles Hinkie before anything happens

steady as she goes lads, steady as she goes.

>all these people hating on Westbrook

were you guys even here when Brodie became Kobe's son? He's literally averaging 30 points with at triple double, you can't ascend any father into god mode than what he is doing

thank you based westbrook

Tough luck.

gonna say it cuz its true

Butler is highly overrated

knicks have no chance at the playoffs. called that shit even when they were the 3 seed and looking good early on. Melo is old as fuck, porzingas is too young, and the rest of the team sucks and are unmotivated to learn phill jacksons old outdated meme system.

Momentum at this point in the season is just as important as your actual record, and the knicks have been on the downfall while the wizards have been on the upswing. At this rate washington has much better odds of making the playoffs than them, and that's even assuming the bulls/atlanta/pacers drop out, which might not even happen.

>tfw Westbrook will never learn not to chuck contested pull up 3s in the last seconds of a game when they only need a 2

>not going for the win

Pussy.

OKC would've lost in OT anyways. End the end they should've gone to OT anyways because that Grant block was clean.

Cfags what you say, are you getting Butler and Millsap? This is the only way you get to contend this year desu

The game was tied when westchuck tried the 3

>heroball is good

this general needs to be purged

You should be here more often

thanks for agreeing with me

There's something else i forgot o yea
faggots should be brushing off their Ray Allen bails out Lebum memes 2.0 with the Korver to Cavs acquisition, in prep for the finals

Kek no way Cavs play Kyrie AND Korver in crunch time, begging to be exploited on defense

I hope Russ' breaks another knee, fuck that dude, and fuck Oklahoma.

it's okay, butler will carry the load.

what defense? they're doubling down, knowing a one possession ship is a difference of three
see both curry and speights in their last possession of G7

> Cavs surround Lebron with shooters
> Rockets surround Harden with shooters
> Thunder dont surround Westbrook with shooters

Why is this allowed?

thunder rely on skill

fuck the san antonio spurs

Korver is a smart team defender.

>3-1
>3 and 1

>The lost city of Atlanta

It's called you're a retard that didn't follow the off season. Once Kevin Durant left they had almost no assets to trade or opportunity to sign decent free agents after the free agency week they had to sign d league tier players and foreigners they had stashed and owned the rights to.

Rockets signed players in that period that were injury prone and hadn't played last year because they convinced them hey just jack up threes with us and fuck defense.
There's a reason people thought they'd miss the playoffs and it's because they would get reinjured or their defense would be so bad or their shooting wasn't this good. No one thought Gordon would be leading the league in made threes way above Curry.

Thunder had KD, there wasn't enough shots to go around with him and Brodie, Danny Green was interested in OKC last year but he couldn't be guaranteed shots

They should argue someone for sure though. I don't know their cap situation but Nick Young would slot in fine as a swingman

Aquire not argue, i mean

lakers give up young, you give us sabonis. you're welcome.

I would do that in a heartbeat

Sabonis the second cutest nba player next to Bookie

>Bookie
?

Now that Harden has more or less got MVP locked up, what else is there to be interested in?

We haven't had a career ending injury in a while...

oh i knew that, i thought you were confused and thought Booker was on the Lakers. carry on, nothing to see here.

desu korve is going to shoot like 100% on 3pt. he's used to running around screens to get the shot, now he's literally just going to stand there for the kickout from lebron and shoot it.

pretty fucking silly if the cavs use him right, lebron + bench is now pretty unstoppable when playing other benches.

>start following the nba this season
>randomly decide to become a hawks fan
why did I do this to myself

Godspeed user, Millsap is next

just change teams to the cavs and claim you were just a korver fan all along.

Did the same thing when I switched from heat to cavs fan in 2014, and nobody knew the difference or cared. And since it's your first season it's okay to move around and bandwagon a bit.

Hinkie was born in thw Netherlands so you can rightfully claim yourself as a Sixer fan as well

Bandwagoning is never okay. Then again, wouldn't expect any better from a heat/cavs "fan".

disgusting

protip: I'm actually from atlanta. Nobody here actually gives a shit about the hawks. Why should some guy from the neverlands have to stay loyal if everyone here is a bandwagon fan anyway?

seriously you guys from foreign countries wouldn't understand.

Probably but maybe it gonna be just Korver. Out of Korver, Thabo and Paul atleast one was likely gonna go and maybe they decided it was Kyle. But I'm probably being overly optimistic

Nah im in it now

the good thing about basketball is that if your FO isn't pants on head retarded then every team has a good chance to git gud eventually.

and watching a developing team is sometimes good fun too. hawks still have a lot of good assets, i think this trade has been blown out of proportion.

>seriously you guys from foreign countries wouldn't understand.
fucking euros are loyal as fuck to the teams they choose. It's the contending teams fans that are cancerous bandwagon fucks
memes
cavs
spurs
thunder, and not everyone is, just the shitposters.

I'm coming home Ma'!

Your boy is coming home!

>fucking euros are loyal as fuck to the teams they choose.

but do they not realize how ridiculous they look when they're loyal to an arbitrary team that not even people FROM that city even like?

It's just funny. I respect that, but it's ridiculous in a way.

you grow attached to your team, there's a shared history that you have with the other fans.

it's always going to be ridiculous though when we have to choose teams we have zero connections to, not even been to the cities they play in.

As long as we keep most of the starters we should be alright, Paul's probably gone but with Schroder, Dwight, Baze if he starts playing better and THJ we should be sorta fine.

It is kinda weird, I have no real reason to support them or connection to the city/team but after staying up a few times until 5 just to watch them you kinda get attached to it. I also like rooting for underdogs so that might help. (preferably not a complete blown up underdog tho)

yeah well i got a cousin in Toronto and they're the only foreign team so it makes sense, shut up

Best Young NBA cores

1.Bucks
2.T-Wolves
3. Nuggets
4. Sixers
5.Suns

POWER GAP

9000.Magic
9001. Lakers

POWER GAP

9999999. Heat

>Noel is the only player from Brett Brown's first season as head coach

If /nba/ were a player, you'd be Kwame Brown's skill, Earl Boykins height, Brandon Ingram's muscle mass, and Durant's personality.

I'm reminded when Durant made sure with the scorer's table that his bad pass wasn't counted as a shot to protect his FG%.

That's /nba/. Fucking casuals who only care about stats and shallow offerings from the cheapest aspects of the league. Oh Westbrook is a beast?!??! Yeah, 7th seed, really fucking incredible. Oh, haven't heard any Spurs discussion. What, not enough dunks and 3 pointers? Beautiful basketball. Fucking try it sometime.

>BEAutiful Basketball!
>lookee there! he passed the ball, and then THAT guy passed the ball, AND THEN the OTHER guy passed the ball!
>HOLEE cow!!

kek
The fear is real
RACE
FOR
S A I 6
A
I

>he's a spurs fan

Spurdoras are all dead since Ibaka rejected away Tim Duncans career

5 rings bitch

>tfw Butler and Westbrook do the fusion dance to single handedly BTFO golden state by becoming the best two-way player of all time

It all makes sense now

youtube.com/watch?v=sgUMAAmNtus

youtube.com/watch?v=YpBZuuaR-9w

>clutch time
>tight game
>call for timeout
>draw a play where Westbrick dribbles for 20 seconds on the half-court before airballing a 3

What did Donovan mean by this?

Where my RBL bros at!?!

PORT IN BRUHHHHHHS