I had my last cigarette last night. I'm. Now over 12 hours in...

I had my last cigarette last night. I'm. Now over 12 hours in. See I only smoke because I live with my parents since they 're disabled and they smoke so I got addicted plus it's free for me.

I'm going on a two week trip soon so a week before I leave I DECIDED to try and quit. I leave Sunday and I need to make it until then and I'm set.

After 3 weeks I shouldn't have trouble saying no despite living with smokers right??

Yeah, sure kid whatever

I'm 25 lol I started smoking at 19 after getting addicted to drugs.

You got it. All it'll take is willpower

You can do it Op

Thanks. I've quit for 4 months before. When I'm not at the house I don't want to smoke but that's why I choose to use this trip as a way to get a jumpstart.

You are an addict. You will always have the craving no matter how long you go without. It's all about will power.

Well I have managed to stay away from drugs in general. But smoking is the most difficult thing I have ever had to defeat.

For sure. It can be a difficult habit to break, the ritual is honestly more addictive than the actual smoke IMO. I've pretty much quite smoking entirely, though at my worst I only smoked maybe 5 a day. Just an occasionally social smoker now.

Former smoker here.
I tried cold turkey once or twice but it didn't take. I ended up using an ecig to wean myself from nicotine. Part of the problem for me was that I sort of ritualized it... I didn't just crave the nicotine, but I wanted to go outside and sit down for approximately 7 minutes and smoke. I even found myself flicking imaginary ashes from the mouth fedora.

Eventually, I broke those habits. And after about a year, I dropped the nicotine completely. Now I don't even think about it.

Good luck.

Thanks! Luckily for me it's ritualized only in the house that I love with my parents. If I go anywhere else I don't even have cravings.

im 4 years quit

after 3 weeks you are still going to have cravings but you are going to be able to deal with it

once you get to like 6months, the smell of cigarettes is going to make you feel sick and you'll wonder how you ever smoked

thats when you'll really be home free

but at 3weeks its still going to be tough.

living with smokers might not be as bad as you think BUT they are going to start fucking with you. they can tell when you're fiending and will exploit it to mess with you so dont give in.

also, dont get a vape. if you're going to quit smoking just quit.

if you have any other questions or need support just ask

I quit 9 days ago, still going strong. Good luck Sup Forumsro hope you keep it up!

I agree with the part about smoke making you feel sick, same thing happens to me now.

I disagree about the ecig part though. Different things work for different people. If a vape, pill or patch helps, then use it. No tool should be off limits to bettering yourself.

I really want to quit Im 22 but have already been smoking for 9 years. Mainly want to quit so my dick will work better

>they are going to start fucking with you. they can tell when you're fiending and will exploit it to mess with you so dont give in
Sounds like you just have shitty people in your life.

Thanks! Actually my parents have been very supportive in the past. I asked my dad if he could out his cigarettes where I couldn't find them. He stuck with it for awhile but then I think he forgot lol

once you get past day 3, it's all uphill from there

Yeah. Not all old, leggless and wheelchair bound men are veterans. Some were former smokers who experienced vein and nerve damage from smoking and had to have their legs amputated. It can fuck with your dick, too.

Just don't smoke faggot, how hard can it be? Don't put a cigarette in your mouth, don't light it, etcetera.

You are all cunts

Haha well it's never going to be easy. But I wish you good luck in your journey!

Spoken like a true non smoker.

>After 3 weeks I shouldn't have trouble saying no despite living with smokers right??

My psychotherapist once said that the physical withdrawal is over after a week. After that it's all psychological.

Go ahead and smoke for about 6 months or so then come back and say that haha.

That's is where I am weakest... But I will keep fighting. Would smoking weed at all help? Of course I don't wanna be high 24/7 since I get a anxious.

if you have to come and make some stupid fucking blurb after 12 hours, you're already thinking about it too much

you won't last two days unless you can remove it from your mind and ignore it. Good fucking luck

user tomorrow will mark 3 weeks smoke free. It absolutely blows. I think about it all the time, not as much now but the first week I couldn't stop thinking about it. Running and working out helped me alot. Being around it will make it hard, but I haven't smoked yet. And I know if I do say "okay just one" I'll pick it back up. It's painful but I feel better and not smelling like ass all then time is nice. Smoked for 10 years and I really think I'm going to be done for good this time.

Start vaping, bro.

It may looks totally gay but will help you quit faster.

been smoking since 14, I'm 18 now and I tried to quit at 17. Every time I see someone smoking I get an urge to ask for one. The addiction never goes away bud.

>never goes away

Not true at all. You've barely even quit, give it time. I used to be a pack a day (at least) for about 10 years and now the smell of it sickens me.

Which is funny, because I used to hate it when non smokers bitched about it.

Smoke

Same poster. I was spending 50-70 bucks a week . And if always get s red bull or something with it. So I'm saving s shit ton of cash just by stopping. Ecigs etc never helped because I always ended up buying a pack. I went cold turkey. I throw in a chew when the craving got too bad but I don't really do that anymore now. It was hard especially the drive to and from work. But trust me user. It will be worth it.

You are too impressed with your own faggotry

Your withdrawals might be over after 3 weeks but your cravings and disposition toward smoking stay with you for many years. I am 1 1/2 smoke free now, but I had several bouts of 1-2 months free before relapse in the many years I have tried to quit. Still, even now I sometimes think it'd be great to have a cig.

>gets free rent
>gets free smokes
complaining about free stuff...

First 3 days are the worst. Not long really. I have given up for a year before and started again though. I had not even thought about it for months but out for a few drinks with friends and the craving was overwhelming. Giving up again now. Just don't ever kid yourself that it's been so long you can just have one for old times sake. Good luck to you, but be aware nothing gets it's hooks so deep as the "bad" weed.

When it's free shit that harms my body and I don't want to be doing anymore yeah.

And I pretty much keep this house running for my parents so there's that.

substitute cigs for a glass of water and video games