What does Sup Forums think of the Airforce

What does Sup Forums think of the Airforce
RAF or USAF?

The Corporate Branch of the Military

The brains behind it all.

Explain?

Royal air force is the best.

Don't do it.. Go to school first and get yourself into debt, and graduate ... The Airforce will pay once you are in...

>Training for most jobs after you get out of the airforce
>Rarely sees combat
>Actually gets paid well compared to other branches

Go to school, pay denbts, do your time, get out, succeed outside the military....

>Military pays for my schooling
Give me another reason besides this why it would be a bad idea

RAFALE
A
F
A
L
E

The good goys

You cant drop planes like you do weapons France

You mean the chair force OP?

What are you implying here?

Bump

Yes rhey do but it will be shit tier for profit schools... go to a university, go in as an officer, get out after denbts payed...

How Broken is your english?

Im sure if you had me in my huey hanging out the door with my m240 you could have won the emu war

Also im here to answer air force questions. I'm a special missions aviator

>special missions goyim

Do you see more women in the airforce compared to other branches?

The air force is basically the more comfortable of the forces. Other services make fun of AF because they do little actual combat blah blah blah. But in reality there are benefits such as cushy bases and benefits.
If you want some job where youre on the front lines go army or marines.
If you want a job getting nuked in the middle of the ocean go navy.
If you want a job sitting in the air conditioning while working on the most cutting edge tech go air force.

About the same

Marine women are disciplined, air force women are formal. Navy and army women are freaks.

All of these have the exception of black women, who have huge chips on thier collective shoulders

If you have ever been in a corporate environment, that is basically the Airforce in a nutshell. Office politics and all. With business casual attitudes and gossip around the water cooler. I literally cannot explain it any better then that.

Airforce has a aura of being "The Smart Person's branch" in all honesty though it's the same as every other branch with retards and idiots milling about. Main reason why it's the "Smart Person's Branch" is because it's tech budget is one of the highest and also most US DOD Intel comes from Airforce, whether it's drone recon or a pass down from other boots on ground sources.

More questions pls

Im bored

Send help

On phone so no time for proof reading

How busy are you kept after you get out of basic?

Concerning OSI positions, what are the best qualities to develop in a potential OSI investigator?

Depends on your job. If you have a job that's easy to train, you will be in the operational air force "out of training/the real air force" within 6 weeks. My job, where i have to be the systems and armament expert/gunner on a helicopter, takes a year in follow on training. We get weekends, and usually work 8 am to 3 or 4 pm every day with an hour lunch

If someone. Came up and shook your hand and said thanks for your service, how embarrassed would you be?

Learn a second language (something like spanish). Have a degree in criminal investigation or prior experience thereof. Best way to get there is to go security forces (MP) and work your way up to elite status (RAVEN) and apply from there

I was looking into TACP, Do you know anyone who is in that and/or how hard is it to actually get in?

It has happened many times before. It is not so much embarrasing as it is humbling. I smile and say thank you for your support. Kinda makes my day but can make it awkward if they stop me and try to have a long convo i.e. "my son is also air force you must know him"

On the other hand ive had a self proclaimed immigrant say "fuck you death to america" and i told him to fuck off (i was out of uniform in an air force tee)

Yes! 7 of my friends in basic training were going tacp. 2 months later, i bumped into one on the bus to San Antonio. He said that only 3 were left (including himself, who was on rest after fracturing his hip or ribs (cant remember) during training) The fail-outs are pretty much garaunteed Security Forces as a reclass.

If you havent already look up tacp indoc on youtube

Don't join unless you get a 1A job

>1aA9X1

fuck you i want ur job

Not bombing muslims in Europe enough, especially boats by rapefugees and other criminal scum. Doesn't glass the middle east with nukes.

I am personally disappointed.

I think Obama has weakened it far beyond acceptable levels. Otherwise, one of the most important parts of our military projection ability, besides the navy. Muh air superiority.

I couldnt do my job if it werent for you

1a9 is hard asf tho

My friend did a single tour in Afghanistan as a helicopter mechanic, he got a job making $80k a year with Sikorsky right out of the military.

Daily reminder (1/2)

What career would you recommend to someone who is looking to join but doesnt know what they want to do

(2/2)

Anything that starts with 1a or 1u0

niggah where u at im in the UK at mildenhall

Ft rucker al. CEARF school Going to (why not) minot. You on CVs?

Yeah, its still big, but Obama has literally done everything within his power to weaken our military might, including put women in SF.

Not as bad as the womyn in infantry that the army is shitting out rn

on a side note SF chicks are freaks

I like it I guess

no I repair ATC equipment

USAF - a sewer of political correctness and a colossal money pit
RAF - several gents I met along the way were squared away and didn't complain

My company had to deal with a bunch of these guys while deployed. Most were decent guys but kind of soft and arrogant. Our fisters were in better shape and called in far more fire missions. Maybe we got some shit guys attached to us but I was not impressed.

Yeah well, that's what happens when you have 8 years of a POTUS who hates the country and wants to weaken the military.

even more important. ATC and Pilots have one thing in common: either mess up, the pilot dies.

TACP guys have to go through 2 years of advanced and rigorous training (some of which, survival school, we shared in pain) just to be qualified to be put into the shit. Arrogance comea with the territory

I have known a few former U.S. Air Force people.

They are smart, capable, and honorable.

But they were all white. The black ones are shit.

I like how every spring around graduation time, there's a spike in threads asking about military branches.

I'm going to graduate soon with a biology major (I was hoping to get into medical school). Do you know what I could do with that in the Air Force? Would the officer program be an option?

Thanks.

Im just out of High School a year, been working in my hometown.

Thinking of going into the USAF, any input?

>pic unrelated

You have a better chance of getting a higher paying job when you are discharged compared to if you signed up with a normal service brance ie Army Marines
You learn actual skills that help you in the work force with the new technology and such rather then "I learned to use my gun and shoot at shitskins I am a drone of my government"

Good to know, I see some people here saying to go into college first then enroll.

Thoughts?

Pythonpaige is my waifu

Start out as an officer I see no actual downsides Higher pay and Better Services rendered to you after you leave

I wish I would have gone in as an officer, overall though you still get an education out of it, if you're looking for a career in the forces, I would highly recommend being an officer.

Becoming a fighter pilot is incredibly hard here, wbu America?

Thanks for the advice guys.

Hard decisions to make in such a strange modern world.

What must I do to shoot the big guns out the side of a helicopter?

I am in a National Guard aviation unit and I have a good friend who is in the Air Force Reserve. We both attend college.

I took a Simultaneous Membership Program scholarship to do ROTC. Just because I'm Guard, the state does 100% Tuition Assistance. That is applied to tuition. The SMP scholarship is 5000 dollars a semester for room and board. Plus, I get drill pay which is E-5 pay and a monthly stipend for doing ROTC. Both of these add up to about 600 dollars a month. The 5000 dollars is more than enough for room and board, so there is considerable surplus. Even with as much as I spend, I still make money just by going to school. I would definitely say it is the best route for doing ROTC.

But if you're set on Air Force, I can answer some questions. My friend told me a ton of stuff about his basic training and his deployment to Afghanistan. A lot of the things about my basic training will also apply to basic training, and I know San Antonio because I spent 4 months for AIT (our job training) in Fort Sam Houston because I'm a medic.

I'll lurk this thread for a while and answer any questions you may have.

simple

the ratio of planes to population is lower in the UK so they narrow down the pilots more, so the RAF is better per pound but the USAF is better overall

Is becoming a medic worth it?
Do they give you actual training that will get you into the job force after you are discharged?

USF pilots will always have way more flight hours.

What do you and your friend fly on?

My family are all RAF Regiment so I regularly live off the tears of butthurt armyfags who are mad they get all the best gear, better pay, best postings and do fuck all

Pilots are okay but seriously if you want to join the Infantry than RAF Regiment is where it's at (they don't call them the Gucciboys for no reason)

YES
E
S

GO DOCTOR. Make loads of dosh. OTS is your best option.

Do it, get everything in writing. Go to /k/ and look up the military enlistment general

My job.

>here to answer air force questions.

Tell us the dirt about the recently deceased commander at the school house and the TSgt he was UCMJing.

>TACP guys have to go through 2 years of advanced and rigorous training (some of which, survival school, we shared in pain) just to be qualified to be put into the shit

Implying anything was mentioned about TACP or their training or their attitudes.

I think becoming a medic is worth it. It is considered to be one of the hardest AIT's (tech schools) in the Army. It involves a hyper-accelerated EMT-B program at the beginning culminating in you actually getting your EMT-B License. Unlike the other branches, you have to get it to graduate. So you leave training with a civilian license that guarantees you something above a McDonald's job when you get out.
Plus, as a medic, there are a lot of opportunities. It is an MOS that transfers well to other branches, if you decide to go that route. It is an MOS that has opportunities for really high-speed people, in that you can go Special Forces or even be an airborne infantry medic. One of our platoon sergeants in AIT was a medic from the 82nd and was a paratrooper. Or you can go to flight medic school and be a Medevac helicopter medic. Lots of cool stuff.

Neither of us fly on anything. At his unit, he makes bombs. At my unit, I am a medic. My unit is an Apache attack unit, and I'm not a flight medic anyway.

>RAF Regiment

Absolute brotier!

>Implying anything about TACP was asked
I asked about TACP and their training

Kill me