If the holodeck can create the illusion of infinite space, why do they have to ration the time the crew can spand there...

If the holodeck can create the illusion of infinite space, why do they have to ration the time the crew can spand there? Seems like you could just alternative programs for multiple individuals at the same.

Also why doesn't star fleet have smaller spaceships with bigger holodecks to simulate a bigger starship?

They ration time because if not, people will become addicted and spend all their time in a virtual world.

t. Someone who's never watched it

why the fuck would you ever leave the holodeck? fuck me, i'd never leave, ever

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.

>Seems like you could just alternative programs for multiple individuals at the same.

You said it yourself: It creates the ILLUSION if infinite space, but you're still ACTUALLY in a finite space. If two people were in at the same time you couldn't run two different programs for them because they'd interfere with each other. They'd still be sharing a physical space.

>illusion
You answered your own question.

The holodeck create a the illusion of space by moving the floor under you as you walk while shifting the projected scenery. The room is always the same size.

It's still stupid to only have one program running at a time. Might as well could have the computer just say "go home" or something like that.

How big must the personal space be in order for it work. I assume they aren't bumping into walls like you were running around in a 90s fps skybox.

>It's still stupid to only have one program running at a time.

You're an idiot. See:

The entire floor moves under you. You couldn't put multiple people in the same room with different programs unless you had different floors. They'd have to have multiple Holo Rooms on the Holo Deck.

>computer, create 1000 copies of Adolf Hitler armed with shortswords and buckler shields

If the ground moves, how do they pull it off considering how sometimes there are multiple individuals running through the same program but running in different directions?

I would like to experience WW2 from Hitler's point of view.

It was already a bigger part of the Story at VOY where holograms got slowly turned into slaves to mine bullshit for the Federation. It could actually fill out an entire new series and we wont see shit about it because of its complexity

In multiple episodes several people use the holodeck at the same time and travel large distances away from each other. How does that work?

You're not talking about the show where they faught those hunter guys who dressed like nazis?

Maybe it's just an optical illusion. Don't know, I'm not a scienist.

When there's line of sight, you use force field lensing of the air, to make it look like you're farther away from each other than you are

If there's not, then it's even easier. One person's looking at what appears to be a wall, on the other side of it the other person's being shown being outside

Because it only moves underneath the individuals.

So, basically you proved me right?

>holodeck, create meaning in my life

>...
>"*beep bob*, computer is not here right now"