Let's have a Nirvana thread

Let's have a Nirvana thread.

What's your favorite/least favourite song?

Mine's smells like teens spirit/Bleach.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XpJWSPV4mck
youtube.com/watch?v=bZgtMchcOy0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mu favorite is School. I can't get into the Poo Poo Box demo.

Blew is the sludgiest, about a girl (unplugged) is probably my favourite though, and to say my least favourite is probably Mexican seafood or aerozeppelin.

>I've literally got every one of their albums
>Also have a full arm tattoo I designed myself.

School is the fucking best. Not a big fan of Lithium, just kinda grew bored of it.

Favorite songs (In no particular order)
Territorial Pissing
Breed
Negative Creep
Been a Son (Live version. It was a b-side. I can't remember the a-side)

best- Radio Friendly Unit Shifter

worst- Hairspray Queen

Courtney's fave Nirvana songs
>Heart-Shaped Box
>Serve The Servants
>Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle
>In Bloom

favorite song coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=XpJWSPV4mck

favorite - mrs. butterworth

least favorite - serve the servants

bleach isn't a song

>Blew is the sludgiest
thatd be paper cuts or negative creep or floyd the barber

favorites
>sappy (all versions)
>verse chorus verse
>moist vagina
>if you must
>milk it
>very ape
>dumb
>old age
>even in his youth (demo version not hormoaning)
least favorite
>here she comes now
>hairspray queen
>serve the servants
>beans

best: endless, nameless
worst: in bloom

scentless apprentice is a close second for best

>worst: In Bloom

what?

My favorite is probably Anneurysm or On a Plain

Least favourite is probably Sifting or something off of the second half of Bleach.

best = serve the servants
worst = pennyroyal tea

not bad

You know, I like Nirvana and all, but I can't help but resent them for all the artists and genres that they pretty much fucked over with their angsty revolution type image.

I know it isn't their fault or anything but there were still a lot of acts that never got the chance to shine because they were overshadowed.

Oh, and also, favorite song from them is probably either heart shaped box or man who sold the world, even if the second is a cover

bleach is such a god tier album to improve your guitar playing early on

>favs
scentless apprentice
if you must
sappy
big long now

>worst
new wave polly
turnaround
stain
I remember when i first heard the early version of sappy with just cobain and an acoustic and he's doing a super deep voice. That shits dark

some live versions of man who sold the world are really good. not from the unplugged set, ones more rock heavy where he does the solo for much longer. check it out

Favourite = Oh, Me
Least favourite = The Man Who Sold the World

favorites- You Know You're Right, Pennyroyal Tea, Scentless Apprentice, Paper Cuts
Least favorite- Beans, Hairspray Queen

I could never get into the Bleach album. Not saying that I can't, never give my self he chance.

Frances Farmer

Favorite: Jesus Doesnt Want Me For a Sunbeam (Live at Paramount)

Favorite original: Territorial Pissings

Least favorite: Aero Zeppelin

it's pretty much a beta

only correct choice

youtube.com/watch?v=bZgtMchcOy0

I Hate Myself And Want To Die

Favorites
>Scentless Apprentice
>Been a Son
>Pennyroyal Tea
>a million more

Least favorites
>Mexican Seafood
>Aero Zeppelin
>that's about it

Just incse you didn't know Kurt was a witch. His intention was to write spells as songs and make them poppy so that they'd reach as many targets as possible. he fucked up early on and started changing people for the worse(or just realized how dumb his fans are and attributed to his spells misfiring) but tried to rectify this in In Utero.

"If my words could really hurt, they'd hurt really bad"

>inb4; tinfoil hat
I just do my research. It's a rising phenomenon for artists to admit to making spells out of songs and the styles and motivations of those that say so are often in line with Cobain's. Not even saying magic is real either. Just that some people believe some crazy shit and can sometimes pull off amazing things in the name of their beliefs.

tldr; I'm probably just a druggie paranoid. Ignore this post and never look deeper. It works better that way.

Kurt was too basic, the whole English language is a spell. Spelling a word = Casting a Spell

>wrote a song called i hate myself and want to die
>hehe its just a meme!

Favorite songs (no order)
School
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Territorial Pissing
Breed
Serve The Servants

Least favorite:
Moist vagina

>guy writes songs about suicide, rape, self harm, abortion, anxiety, depression
>guy writes song called "I Hate Myself and Want To Die"
>history of self destructive behavior
>does tons of drugs
>ODs on drugs
>
>
>
>HE WAS MURDERED

What's the logic in this?

Favourite: Floyd the Barber or Drain You
Least favourite: Big Cheese.

Since he had a daughter he said in interviews he was happy about being a father and that gave him a meaning for his life. Also, there's no proof he killed himself (even though there's also no proof that he was murdered), but I suspect someone killed him indeed.

I agree and think that was his major flaw. That's both in writing and in his day to day. He oversimplified and boiled down everything to their bare bones. Fell for shitty people and destructive hobbies for the same reason he was never a better writer; dude was ambitious but pretty lazy in some big ways.

As for language=magic, for sure. The idea of magic is taking something unreal and making it real. We take ideas that are otherwise shapeless and improvable things and use language to give them form; give those around us something that didn't exist before. Not really into the hole meme magic craze, but their ideas do come from and are inspired by some very real phenomenon and some very old texts.

I don't feel like getting into it tonight, but there is a lot of evidence out there. The PI Love hired outright says he learned it was a murder because of the investigation he did for her. Another guy came outand claimed to have been offered money by Love to kill him. His corpse was found three days after he died in his own home, which is weird because they had a live in nanny who's job included maintaining the greenhouse he was found in.

I agree that he was seemingly very depressed, but also think there's a huge amount of evidence pointing toward murder.

I could go on and on with this.

he is literally a textbook example of a suicidal person, everything from the way he talked looked and acted....

the media sensationalized the murder conspiracy as a coping mechanism as well as a way to sell more shit

I thought suicidals were the opposite? They let it be known but don't want to do it

>ignores evidence
>presents no evidence of their own
>"but I'm still right"
I'm not arguing that he seemed like a suicidal guy, but ok bud.

The same nanny skipped town when asked to stick around to take his statement. Didn't return until the case was closed. Love claimed she was looking for him during the days he initially went missing. The hotel she stayed at confirmed that hen Kurt tried to call her to let her know he was going home from rehab, she refused to accept his calls 100% of the time. There were two suicide notes found on/near his person. One was half in his handwriting and half in a different persons while the other was done by what seemed to be a third person and was also hidden in a bush in the room. In the mixed letter, things in Kurt's writing were actually pretty positive and looking forward to a new life; one that didn't involve Courtney or Nirvana any longer. The second half, that is the half in a different hand-writing, is where the mentions of suicide come in.

He had three times the aount of heroin necessary to kill a seasoned addict in his system. Even if that wouldn't have killed him on it's own it would have made it near impossible for him to shoot himself in the head b pulling a trigger with his toe. Made even more difficult, because he had boots on when he did this.

Fuck. You got me getting into it tonight. God damnit.

it's all he said she said. there's literally dozens of all these supposed stories and theories.

it took 20 years for it to be revealed that courtney was desperately calling lane stanley's relatives like a madwoman cause at the time SHE thought someone killed kurt, and thought that they might know something about it due to layne being in the same inner circle.

dave, krist, and kurt's family have all accepted it as suicide. let it go

>They let it be known but don't want to do it
thats literally kurt
constantly joking about suicide, death etc
all the evidence in the world points to suicide