youtube.com/watch?v=wxfYmYhuLpE
youtube.com/watch?v=uF3pborhSbw
youtube.com/watch?v=IUAdrGKW-94
youtube.com/watch?v=p_JekghpssE
youtube.com/watch?v=usR7mMHUhlY
youtube.com/watch?v=feA64wXhbjo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE YOUR EYES

Owl City has always been a shitty, pussified, boring rip off of The Postal Service

i liked the music video as a kid

You forgot 'autistic'. The guy's definitely on the spectrum judging by his interviews.

Someone post that letter he wrote for Taylor Swift.

bump

Alligator Sky is a fucking jam though. That and the rest of the album it's on.

yeah hes a lot like the postal service

but owly city hold a special place in my heart, though

i dont expect anyone here to understand

/ourguy/

This song is by the Owl City guy
youtube.com/watch?v=9_pyCC4PdC8

>One blustery evening last October, I waited impatiently until the clock tolled midnight and then promptly bought Taylor Swift’s new record on iTunes. I played it in the kitchen, I played it in the car, I played it at the studio, I played it on flights to Japan and back; I just couldn’t keep away from it. Speak Now was the indisputable leader of my “top 5” record list of 2010, which is slightly ironic because the other four albums were abstract experimental/post-rock/ambient works.

>I always love decoding the sneaky secret messages hidden in Taylor’s written lyrics, so naturally the day Speak Now came out, I played the whole thing from top to bottom as I added up the capital letters per each song’s set of lyrics.

>As track 8 came to a close and the album switched over to track 9 (a breathtaking song called Enchanted and one of my favorites on the entire record), something began to feel curiously “familiar.”

>I couldn’t put my finger on it. Why did the song feel so personal? Why was it ringing a bell? Perhaps it was merely the word “wonderstruck” that indeed struck a sweet chord, but before the second chorus hit, I’d already added up the letters:

>reddit tho
But still, I actually really like the song, it's nostalgic if anything.

She completely ignored him after this too, like what the fuck. A letter like that at least earns you a BJ

(cont)
>A-D-A

>And then it hit me like a freight train. I didn’t even need to find that last letter “M.” A colorful swirl of memories flashed before my eyes as it all added up. My jaw hit the floor.

>The track is absolutely gorgeous and I’m so tremendously honored that Taylor would write such an elegant song and thereby offer a gracious nod in my direction. Needless to say, I was lost for words and utterly smitten. I couldn’t stop smiling.

>I figured such an eloquent gesture should be reciprocated by the most polite, heartfelt and respectful response I could possibly muster. It’s no secret that I’m a bit shy, so naturally music was the most articulate way of attempting such a sincere endeavor. How does one respond to such a personal outpouring of emotion and sentiment? I tossed and turned over that one.

>They say “timing is everything” and that brings us to now. Today is Valentine’s Day.

>And thus, here is my reply…

>Listen to the song here:
>owlcitymusic.com/vday
/ourguy/

100% our guy

(i did throw the link to the bowie kanye thread just because I wanted to see who got quints don't fucking judge me)

god tier middle school song.
Oh the memories!

he's a Christian too

he wrote a bunch of songs about Jesus

/ourguy/

>listen to animal collective once

youtube.com/watch?v=psuRGfAaju4

cover art looks like a trance single

Unironically love both artists. Postal Service got me into Dntel and glitch, and Owl City got me into post rock (he's got a post rock side project called Windsor Airlift).

Same. Had Ocean Eyes in 4th grade. Know every song on it. His music is incredibly nostalgic.
youtube.com/watch?v=wxfYmYhuLpE
youtube.com/watch?v=uF3pborhSbw
youtube.com/watch?v=IUAdrGKW-94
youtube.com/watch?v=p_JekghpssE

Y'all aren't even posting the best Owl City song:

youtube.com/watch?v=usR7mMHUhlY

Your an fagot

glad you agree The Saltwater Room is the best Owl City song

whoa. how did you know? this is top 5 best owl citys for sure. did not expect to see it. also west coast friendship.

Just a long time fan. Hope he gets back to the more personal and dreamy style he had, cause I'm still not warming up to his newer music - the Adam Young scores project was awesome though

I like the Ocean Eyes version of Saltwater Room slightly better. The baseline thingy is more pronounced on Ocean Eyes/

Always liked the Maybe I'm Dreaming version better. The guitar line is less compressed, more honest sounding. Plus it's longer.

It does sound less processed. I guess I like my Owl City more digitized.

That's fair desu. What do you think of his recent work (last two albums)?

The last one I listened to fully was the one with Alligator Sky. That one is good, but I tried the next one and didn't like it.

I did like the song "Tokyo" though, and the song "Up All Night".

id unironically think this is a good song if it werent for the singers voice

Ultraviolet EP is flawless.

Yeah, I should listen to the other couple songs. I found "Up All Night" in a mis-labeled torrent for one of his full albums.

> muh friendzone
Men are gross.

Vaginas are the most disgusting part of any human body.

bad meme

That song would have been forgettable garbage had it not been for the meme though. One annoying hook and outdated chill wave imitation everything else.

youtube.com/watch?v=feA64wXhbjo

Actually loved this song forever and now that it's a meme I can't listen to it anymore without some faggot saying "LOL IS THAT THAT ONE SONG FROM THE MEME?"

Quality song though.