MOVIE REC THREAD

Post your watchlist, give recs, call other people plebs etc...

What movie should i watch next fáms?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n0pP66O9VN0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

watch Possesion OP

about 160 movies on my current watchlist here is the first couple

watch beau travail, rambo and le samourai

Kill list was such a disappointment for me, everyone said it was good but i just didn't like it at all. John malk, leaving las vegas, Locke and Under the skin are great. Watch Evil dead and delete Dune.

Watch the bergman one

>robo vampire
nigga what? downloading it

Ivan's childhood is ok i guess, but it's the worst Tark if you don't count his The steamroller and the violin

can this be a recent bluray pickups thread too

>Possession
I just ordered the Mondo Vision BD. So pumped for it to get here.

Watch Ed Wood.

Gotta wait for another month for this.

I've seen all of these but I felt like posting them anyway

Love Exposure is a modern day kino.Watch that.

>Hausu
>good
when will this meme stop?

the best thing about it was kung fu's ass and some visuals here and there, but that's about it

Godfrey Ho is a king in the trash cinema world. His 'ninja terminator' is just two separate movies spliced together

I havn't much left of tarkovsky so i'll get to ivans childhood when im ready

>Le Samourai bluray
The quality on that one fucking sucks, you're much better off with DVD

recommend me kino

The Conformist
Barry Lyndon
Fanny & Alexander

A Separation

how so ?

Don't watch Spy. It's fucking garbage. I have no idea why it was liked so much by critics.

Under the Skin was a miss for me. YMMV, but I thought it was kind of pointless in the grand scheme of things.

If you're looking to strike off names on your list, I'd hit Man with a Movie Camera first. It's kind of a slog to get through because of the way it's made. It's not the "worst" on your list, but I imagine it'll be the least enjoyable to fully get through.

Satantango but only if you have like seven hours to kill plus a shitload of shrooms

I suffer from OCD & extreme indecisiveness.Please recommend which 3 movies should I watch first? Help me bros.

>Ubuntu

Good choice. Don't let your self be cucked by Windows.

Also llewyn and Annie Hall are good

Marienbad
Sicario
Rashomon

Delete Z.

lots of good stuff there. my favourite three are probably
>belle de jour
>incendies
>last year at marienbad

>Delete Z
But why? I thought it was supposed to be good.
The only problem is that you can't play a lot of video games on Ubuntu.

do yourself a favor and get the cinnamon DE from the embrosyn ppa. Unity desktop is disgusting

What's wrong with it?

Other than being bloated and ugly in my opinion, it wastes screen real estate and is unintuitive and heavy-handed in too many ways.

There's loads of other DEs, I encourage you to check them out. Cinnamon is what I use, other popular ones are KDE, Mate, and Gnome

The first two Maniac Cops are good especially part 2 but I've heard 3 is disappointing even by the director himself.

Hausu

Don't watch Liquid Sky. Ever. Biggest pile of shit ever put on film.

Paper Moon

Pleb

Faust - Sokurov

Pleb

You're welcome, tv

>tips fedora

The linux superiority meme dispelled in one picture. Well done user.

Depressing Asian movies please.

delete forrest gump

I tried to watch it like 5 times but never got past 15 minutes.But everyone says it's an important film.

KIDS

Get on that goddard, son. What did you think of In the mouth of madness?

They removed too much film grain, erasing most of the fine details of the image as well. Also the colors on blu ray are more blue shifted, and the whole image is darker, but I don't know for sure which vesrion is more accurate to the original print.

End of Evangelion

dvd top, bluray bottom

I first saw it back when it came out in 94 or 95, I'm an old fucker. Not my favorite Carpenter movie but I like it a lot. I wish Jurgen Prochnow had a bit more screen time.

youtube.com/watch?v=n0pP66O9VN0

Ikiru

Watch more film.

Is this FilmStruck?

Plex server. Highly recommend setting it up if you have a system you can keep it on 24/7. Makes it easy to watch your stuff anywhere, especially in your house, and it's trivial for family/roommates to use too. The playlist view is ugly but overall it's awesome.