Bored at work Sup Forums on a frac site in Big Lake TX. What does Sup Forums do for a living. Also how much you make...

Bored at work Sup Forums on a frac site in Big Lake TX. What does Sup Forums do for a living. Also how much you make? Me 74k -100k depending on OT

Mechanical engineer in research and development. Employed, working 35-50hr / week, making 75k plus Bonus. 30 Days of vacation + national holidays and holiday allowance, incl. full healthcare..

Nice, I need to go back to school. Currently learning visual studios for programming

nice plan Sup Forumsro, hold on to that and I'm sure you will make some nice money later on....

Dont know what is the english word, but google translate tell me this : switchman.

So, im a switchman for trains, i basically decide where they goes, wich railroad to take, order of trains..

I dont know how many hours i work per week because sometimes i can work only 3 days then 2 free days (can be assimilated as a week-end) and sometimes i can work 6 days in a row. I take my shift in morning, evening or night (5-13/13-21-21-5)

Currently making 25k$ (with current currency).

Wow that's low for the railroad I always thought those guys made bank$$$

Depending the country. I dont earn that much of money if i want to compare with other job, but i earn enough to live well without need anything or feel the lack of money.

Also have to take in count that there's different lvl of qualification, (A to H, im currently C, so not that high). But a guy around E or F can earn around 45k$/year.

But im not interested for more money because means more work at the work station. I prefer earn less, but working less. Hehe.

I feel ya. But I like to be able to buy what I want when I want. Plus I have 3 kids so that takes a lot of it.

This is the closest to home that I've ever seen a post. Not real home but I caught a lot of jobs in ozona.

Car manufacturer
Make $12/hr

Too tired, just got off my 12 shift.

*12 hr shift

Not sure where that is. Company flies me out to location. I'm not from here. > Fort Wayne IN

Blackjack dealer in bars I make $15/h

soup chef at wendys

8.75 an hour

IT & digital security consultant for a major company.
Work mostly from home, $43/h and a bonus for every finished project.

Care to share some more details. Would be interested in that line.

Bud light promo guy
25-40/hr depending on contract.

I'm a oil and gas consultant a bit further up north. With current rotation I'll make 175k/yr.

Plus I don't have to get dirty anymore.

>more details
Sure.
Worked IT for about 4 years as a technician, got promoted to head of my IT department (small time cellphone company) and then got an offer to consult for one of the major companies in my city.
I accepted.
As to what I do, I get called in to fix problems. That's the basic.
Last month I gave advice on new security installments and this month I'm overlooking the upgrading of all their systems which of course brings on a huge number of problems.
Sounds complicated, but mostly I'm at home with remote access to they systems.
>small corrections
>writing some basic code
>fixing drivers
>making sure the dipshit IT department doesn't fuck up
A work day for me is between 2-3 hours (with full 8h pay) a normal day and 10-12 hours (with added pay) for difficult projects.

Your trips command you give me a job. Or contact info of some kind. I too am tired of getting dirty. Help me out Sup Forumsro. At least tell me how you moved up.

Or at least the company name or a company that you would recommend.

I just moved to TX and i need a good job any suggestions

Midland is booming also San Antonio Laredo and big lake.

Oldfag here. IT Security Consulting. $183,000.

I know a company called coil tubing is hiring hands right now. There are dozens of company's in the areas I mentioned. Just apply

Leave Frac. It's stupid hard to climb the ladder in frac. Get on a coil unit or workover rig.
Stay in the same field or at least the same state most the time. I got this job because I knew the field and the high ups have known me for years.

Network, take your bosses out drinking or golfing. Become their friends, I got picked over another guy with more experience because one of the other consultants hated him.

I was in flowback for 6 years. Now I'm a flowback/production consultant. If I had more downhole knowledge I'd be able to be a completions consultant and make over 200k.

Slightly related, I'm in school right now studying chemistry. Does anyone know what kind of money I can make if I don't go into teaching? Decentish college, doing well in classes.

Aight thnx Sup Forumsros

are you ready to be unemployed, being that the saudis are tryna price you guys out

Right on thanks man. I'm in water treatment. But my company is small. I just need to rub elbows with the right ppl I guess?

Coil tubing services or Coil tubing solutions?

If so go for the latter. The same guy started both, but after Services got big he sold it to Shlumberger. They both go by CTS though, because coil tubing is a type of equipment, not a company name

That won't happen. Also if it does I have the opportunity to go overseas for a month at a time. Don't want to but if it comes to that I will.

>rub
Pretty much man. I just had the right consultant that knew me from years ago. He wanted to hire another consultant so he could shorten his hitch and recommend me

Nature & Wildlife supervisor in a national park.
> $28/h
>chill in my boat
>walk the trails
>check the bear populations locations with gps trackers
>test waters for pollution
Basically, I'm out in nature doing what I feel like as long as I check of my list everyday. Which takes a few hours.

See sometimes Sup Forums can actually be useful. Thanks guys.

Nice.

I prefer this thread over those stupid Wendys threads. This one is actually useful

How do you get a job like that?

>How do you get a job like that?
Took Wildlife & Nature in school, worked as a ranger for a while (a forest guard) and then applied for this.
I was the only guy seeking the job for some reason.

Sounds awesome! Shame we don't have rangers in Lithuania. But I'll check if we hame something similar.

That's dope. I leave oil and gas I'd love something like that

Would you do it again?
Sounds pointless and lonely?
No offense I dream of this job.
Only, after working 2 years at an 40h/wk entirely independent position that accomplishes nothing for society myself, I feel, unaccomplished, hope I don't go postal kind of thoughts.

Prob because ppl don't know jobs like that exist. You lucky bastard.

>would you do it again?
Yes, 100 times over.
>Sounds pointless and lonely?
Absolutely not pointless keeping track of our nature.
But yes can be lonely. But I prefer it that way. Just me and nature.

why don't you spend those 40 hours/wk alone reading or learning a language or bettering yourself or something? or learning to code??? like just blow off the work as much as possible and prioritize yourself... i currently have a really cush WFH position and i do that shit to no end

wife? kids?

>wife? kids?
Yep and no.

>Absolutely not pointless keeping track of our nature.
>Implying ANYONE cares how many bears there are and where they are, much less that information matters. You are the Homer Simpson type I'm guessing.

He's got a tits job, why would be go fuck it up with shit like that

have you seen our fucking society? who gives a fuck what they think, it's all about what YOU think is important. if society was in total control it would be non-stop political news 247

>>Implying ANYONE cares how many bears there are and where they are
Yes? The bear is one of the most researched animals here in Sweden.
We have over 800 scientists keeping track of them. They are extremely important to wildlife, keeping the natural balance in order.

What exactly matters to you 12yo neckbeard?

This guy is just jealous. Take the shit elsewhere homie. You keep doing you nature man.

OH GOOD FOR YOU

>political news
Just because you are told to care about this doesn't mean it matters.
KEK
You brainwashed son.

first of all who cares and why is everybody so devoted to money? no matter what you make it will never have any effect on me or my life.

bored of fracking shit up wtf are you smoking son?

Some serious scientific bear advancement expected soon out of Sweden that will change everything!

I am EXTREMELY jealous that he can be so content being paid for something so irrelevant.

Mate you are like my "neighbor" when it comes to work.
Fire watcher here ( yes like the game).
Keep up the good work dude.
Also $22/h.

Money makes the world turn you stupid fuck. Those with little to none think like you. Money just makes things easier. You happy if you can't pay your bills or support your fam?

>irrelevant.
How is keeping track of pollution and wildlife irrelevant?
Everything from farmlands to our air and drinking water depends on nature.

Also no one cares about you other than yourself. Look out for #1

You're so fucking jealous it's making me giggle

>depends on nature
Life goes extinct everyday,
We go unaffected.
If your bears disappear tomorrow the world is that many bears less, and that is the only consequence.

I can obviously tell you are jealous, you fucking cuck, enjoy getting spitroasted faggot

spoiler alert, literally 99.99999999999% of jobs are irrelevant to 99.999999999% of the population...... even if you're a fucking high ranking investment banker or politician your job doesn't change ANYTHING in the grand scheme of things

The mad is tangible.

I freely admit that.
But after the first year I would being counting my accomplishments and the number of bears would far exceed that which I found.

You Jelly?? Ya you jelly!!

This guy is unemployed or works fast food. I would bet my balls on it.

baker
butcher
candlestick maker
>all more relevant

>We go unaffected.
Listen here special Ed. Since you seem completely obsessed with bears (which is about 10% of my work) I'll explain.
As I wrote I keep track of water and ground pollution as well.
Something everyone, especially us depends on.
If the groundwater gets polluted, our drinking water gets polluted. Even you must understand that drinking water is pretty darn important.
Also the soil. If that gets polluted?
Well goodbye forests, goodbye greens.
And you know what that means? Goodby fresh air.
Last year I found a dumping site from some tannery factory. Barrels of waste.
Had that shit leaked into the lakes the fishing industry would have been devastated.
People would have gone without a job, without food..
Think about that for a while.

I wasn't being sarcastic.

Jelly sooooooooo jelly

Im a fat loser with no job because I have too many health problems. I hate my life and I want to die because I can't fix things wrong in my life but I am too afraid of death to check out so I just keep existing everyday in misery.

Ok but you still jelly

Accomplishments? Niqqa, please.... not everyone thinks they have to have a list to prove their self worth to themselves

Everything would have recovered.
You prevented a wound.
Not even a mortal one.

you would lose your balls then bro

education is an accomplishment.
>look into it.

do you worry about bear attacks or landslides?

You're a fucking hero, user
I wish i could give you a old fashioned just as a thank you

>Everything would have recovered.
The last time a lake got polluted here was in the 60's when the mining industry dropped lead and mercury into the water.
Guess what? That lake is still closed off and toxic to humans and wildlife.
And will be so for about 10 000 years.
Guess that's not long enough for you though.

That makes me sad to read that. Get some help man. Your life is what you make it. But at the same time be realistic about results. But also always try don't give up brother.

Eventually the technology invented by relevant people will have an easy and cheap way of recovering that waste.

>You prevented a wound.
So according to you it's pointless to prevent the wound? Instead of fixing it before it happens?
Wut? Hahahaha what the fuck man?
You mom dropped you on the head or something?

Hahahaha this niqqa thinks he's special just because he finished high school

> old fashioned
KEK to the highest.

don't argue with him

some people just don't understand what pollution does. they're the kind who don't care what they toss, where they toss it, or what creature they run over.

I always say to my relatives to enjoy clear blue skies while they can. they may not be around in 40 years.

>Eventually
Yes, yes when the world is looking like a wasteland already?
Fallout scenario?
Kid, just shut the fuck up and keep serving me burgers.

>mom dropped you on the head
Do you wear a helmet everyday preventing head trauma user? That is the equivalency here.

>heavy metals pollution
Easy and cheap

Lmao, get fucked. Oh wait, you already are

>don't argue with him
Yep I won't. The little shittlin can stay in his delusion.

also, trump and paris agreement

he'd know for sure all the money we make from the jobs produced will fix any damage we'd ever do to the environment

Little too real for you user?
Little insecure about your meaningless career choice?

I'm sure that's on your bucket list user.
Mine includes publishing.

You guys are fucking up my thread with your environment bickering.

Your a faggot troll. Also u jelly

Ok boys getting the thread back on it's course.
(and oh boy someone is gonna have a seizure with my profession kek)
Environmental research and oceanic topography.
$32/h.
>pics related, my "office"