Honest question: what is the deal with Beatles fans...

Honest question: what is the deal with Beatles fans? I've listened to some of their albums and it just sounds like your average pop music yet my sister and her friends are nuts over them. At 24 I can't be that out of touch, can I?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1LcSIS_h1gE
youtube.com/watch?v=85Smw33PKJA
youtube.com/watch?v=SSa5teMzNrY
youtube.com/watch?v=fiH9edd25Bc
youtube.com/watch?v=LIuDcKtMuZM
youtube.com/watch?v=uc-7G2OSsBY
youtube.com/watch?v=8mnDSI-fRp4
youtube.com/watch?v=WAWh4JWGnUM
youtube.com/watch?v=s-KAvPbO8JY
youtube.com/watch?v=q2dMSfmUJec
youtube.com/watch?v=_XZbKCX0UgI
youtube.com/watch?v=yfM_HbIx7LQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cqZeEG1pnHg
youtube.com/watch?v=_8Dw6Pel424
youtu.be/0SB3x6KtNi4
youtube.com/watch?v=JNS_SUmCJm4
youtube.com/watch?v=zOUhyw1w2oM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wings are better

Not everyone has the same taste

early beatles are shit, listen to abbey road and revolver

THE

Listen to all of their post-Rubber Soul albums except Yellow Submarine. White Album and Revolver are a good place to start.

>She's so
>
>
>HEEEAAAAAAAVVVYYYYYYYYYYY

this desu

Paul fags arrived, time to abandon this thread

wrong there is no era of beatles that is "shit"
OP let me tell you your problem. You're a contrarian faggot and you need to take that dick out of your mouth and be a man. Don't listen to any of these hipster middle class """"""""""white""""""""" """""""""""""""""men""""""""""""" on this Sinhalese ruby dusting forum literally any beatles album will be a good intro into their catalouge. Don't think about it too much, don;'t sit around analyising the music like some neurotic goy fag. Just listen to it, just give yourself up to it. It's not that difficult

When you say dumb shit like that, you might as well be saying "oh no, the people who care about music" have shown up. McCartney is infinitely superior to the other three. Any other opinion is a meme.

this

I find that when you are already into music and listen to everything before listening to The Beatles, they just sound like everyone else.
But that's only because The Beatles created the formula that all pop music made since has been based on.

if by superior you mean can write showtunes with a high degree of effectiveness then yes Paul Mccarntey is superior to the other beatles.

Helter Skelter is a hell of a fuckin showtune

listen to tomorrow never knows. report back.

must have forgotten about Ringo

This.

Memes come and go. Legends live forever.

>he took the Ringo pill
my nigga

Helter Skelter is a meme you dip, what the fuck is that song even about? Has Paul ever even come close to writing a masterpeice like the joycean ear fuck "A Day in the Life"? no cz hes a faggot.

That's because you're not grasping them in a 1960s context when their music was groundbreaking and did things nobody had done before.

Nothing done by any of the other Beatles has even come close to the narration Ringo Starr did on Thomas The Tank Engine

he wrote half that song you DIP

>Yesterday
>She's Leaving Home
>The Fool on the Hill
>Penny Lane
>You Never Give Me Your Money
>Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End
>Junk
>Long Haired Lady
>Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
>The Backseat of My Car
>Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five
>Love In Song
>among others

George Carlin was better

McCartney on RAM is better than anything 'solo' he did with the Beatles

he wrote that one middle section la di fucking da. the credit goes primarily to Lennon, but you haven't answered me name me one song better than that or Strawberry Fields. Hell name me one paul song with the lyrical potency of "In my Life"

Maybe I'm Amazed

just fucking with you. You're 100% right with your statements, there is no argument

She's Leaving Home makes one song almost as good as A day in the life, Any more?

It isn't surprising that some people aren't blown away by them. There's been nearly half a century's worth of bands copying the ideas they're famous for.

If the fans you're talking about are middle-aged or close to it, then they were likely there when it happened and therefore have a closer connection to it. If they're younger, then they'd make good contacts for drugs.

The rest of the listed songs.

revolver is fucking incredible and arguing the best beatle is pointless. their allure was their synergy

It's not a pointless argument when the best Beatles related album only features one of them.

I'll Follow the Sun
I've Just Seen a Face
Blackbird
How the fuck did you forget these

this. Sgt. Peppers and MMT are also good listens

FACT

Long Haired Lady is poisoned by Linda's shrieking cunt voice. The instrumental version is best.

>it would've been better with John's shrieking cunt voice

Why does there have to be a shrieking cunt? I hate them both. They sucked Beatle cock and wound up on their records. Nothing more.

At least Paul still bestowed many great albums upon us

Music isn't a competition. Paul is my favorite too but I love George and John's solo stuff. All Things Must Pass is easily the best solo record.

All Things Must Pass just barely makes the top 10 best Beatles solo albums my dude. George's s/t and Thirty Three and 1/3rd are pretty close behind ATMP. It's not that special. The last third of the album really hits that fact home.

What an unbelievably shitty opinion. I'm getting out of this dumpster fire of a thread.

Maybe you ought to just review your dumpster fire of an opinion more carefully.

MEADOWLARK

TEMPORARY

I'll hook your gabber lad.. keep chatting

gross

The fact that...

a band from over 50 years ago still sounds like average pop music is pretty impressive desu.

Shall we just keep posting solo Beatles albums that are better than ATMP?

>it just sounds like your average pop music
You have to know some music theory to understand it

>not even the best wings album

try again paulfag

I've seen a lot of people on RYM shit in Picasso's Last Words for being essentially meaningless but the vibe is so cozy.

Ok bro, please show me a George song better than this

youtube.com/watch?v=1LcSIS_h1gE

ok
youtube.com/watch?v=85Smw33PKJA

Handle With Care
[spoiler]but I agree that Paul was overall better[/spoiler]

youtube.com/watch?v=SSa5teMzNrY

This is more similar to that. Funny that McCartney can write nonsense lyrics and still make a better song

Nah, All Those Years is better because of the emotional appeal. Source: I'm listening to Magneto and Titanium Man right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=fiH9edd25Bc

How about an actually good song, and not one about cartoons?

Guys guys guys

We can all at least agree Free As A Bird was a meh song.

youtube.com/watch?v=LIuDcKtMuZM

it's like your forgetting some of Paul's biggest hits. another equivalent that is just better in every way.

Agree, Real Love is better.

what about All Things Must Pass?

youtube.com/watch?v=uc-7G2OSsBY

why don't you post the best song on the album? Jet is pretty okay, def not as good as I'd Have You Anytime

youtube.com/watch?v=8mnDSI-fRp4

I can do this all night. You post a George song that you like, and I'll post a similar but better Paul song.

youtube.com/watch?v=WAWh4JWGnUM

B-but Plastic Ono Band...

No seriously why Lennon never released something as great?

He was too busy being pegged by Yoko

it may be a little dated and corny but its pretty fucking good

I've been flying the flag obnoxiously high for McCartney all thread, but I can agree with this. Plastic Ono Band is certainly a better album than All Things Must Pass.

Because Lennon needed McCartney as much as McCartney needed Lennon. Even though they were essentially solo writers by the time of Revolver they still made suggestions to the other for how some parts of songs should go until the band broke up. See Fame, a pretty stellar song written by Lennon and Bowie, when he had someone writing alongside him (who wasn't Yoko Ono) he could be great.

And, honestly, I find the original demo of Free As A Bird beautiful.

I have to agree, but most of John's other works became unbearable because of Yoko (Milk and Honey is the most glaring example)
Is there a similar but better version of this?
youtube.com/watch?v=s-KAvPbO8JY

Shit, meant to post THIS
youtube.com/watch?v=q2dMSfmUJec

>joycean
In what way is A Day in the Life similar to the works of James Joyce? have you read any Joyce at all?

youtube.com/watch?v=_XZbKCX0UgI
or
youtube.com/watch?v=yfM_HbIx7LQ

dealer's choice. hard to keep up with the tempo, but keeping in acoustic and soulful

youtube.com/watch?v=cqZeEG1pnHg

youtube.com/watch?v=_8Dw6Pel424

fug, meant for

youtu.be/0SB3x6KtNi4

>Paul and I were definitely working together, especially on "A Day in the Life" that was a real ... The way we wrote a lot of the time: you'd write the good bit, the part that was easy, like "I read the news today" or whatever it was, then when you got stuck or whenever it got hard, instead of carrying on, you just drop it; then we would meet each other, and I would sing half, and he would be inspired to write the next bit and vice versa. He was a bit shy about it because I think he thought it's already a good song ... So we were doing it in his room with the piano. He said "Should we do this?" "Yeah, let's do that."[6]
>McCartney suggested having the musicians improvise over the segment.[37] To allay concerns that classically trained musicians would be unable to do this, Martin wrote a loose score for the section.[44] Using the rhythm implied by Lennon's staggered intonation on the words "turn you on",[45] the score was an extended, atonal crescendo that encouraged the musicians to improvise within the defined framework.[37] The orchestral part was recorded on 10 February 1967 in Studio One at EMI Studios,[46] with Martin and McCartney conducting a 40-piece orchestra.[47] The recording session was completed at a total cost of £367 (equivalent to £6,007 in 2015)[48] for the players, an extravagance at the time.[49] Martin later described explaining his score to the puzzled orchestra:
A Day in the Life is just as much a Macca song as it is a Lennon song.

And I like Lennon more than I like Macca.

youtube.com/watch?v=JNS_SUmCJm4

It's getting late my man, Paul and George both had some pretty excellent albums and songs, and I'm starting to believe that Paul was the better of the two,but I'll need to listen to more of his stuff before my opinion is swayed. It's been fun doing this with you, but goodnight.

youtube.com/watch?v=zOUhyw1w2oM

Goodnight my dude

Fuck off.

Hi, Ringo! How are things going, old chap?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT I'VE STARTED A MEME! An actual fucking meme and I didn't even mean to!

HELL YEAH NIGGAZ SCREENCAP THIS POST AFTER 11 LONG YEARS ON DA CHONZ I'M FAMOUS!!! THE BITCHES WILL BE SO ON MY DICK!!!!!

congrats niqqa

ALL MY FRIENDS WILL BE JEALOUS AF!!!

In recent years, it has become popular to pretend to like this band - sort of like people who buy Bob Marley merch. It's usually 14 year old, homely band geeks that obsess over them.

Yes OP. You ARE that out of touch.

Unironically this

It's plebshit. There's a reason your sister and her friends are into it.

I agree with this
but I also think this is one of the all-time contrarian opinions right up there with
>Yoko is my favorite Beatle
>Ringo is my favorite Beatle
>[someone who isn't Paul] is my favorite Beatle
>Piper is the best(or worse: only good) Pink Floyd album
>Centipede Hz is the best Animal Collective album
>Deakin is the best member of Animal Collective

>In recent years, it has become popular to pretend to like this band
remember back in 2005 when no one liked or had heard of The Beatles

more like
>in recent years, it has been trendy to shit on the Beatles
>in even more recent years, that trend has died

>At 24 I can't be that out of touch, can I?
jesus fucking christ stop

This isn't true, although Paul McCartney is probably 60% of the Beatles.

Paul needs an editor, someone to tell him when the shit he's doing is corny. John couldn't be counted on to write more than 2 or 3 killer melodies a year (what a LOSERlol!), but he could almost always be counted on to collaborate with Paul in a way that kept him from singing more than one old-timey vaudville love song to the lady who delivered his mail per album.

says someone who only holds this opinion second-hand and wasn't around in the '60s. very little of what the Beatles did was new in a broader sense than "new for pop music" (and even then, many claims are dubious). as someone with access to a huge amount of all recorded music ever made thanks to the internet, you should really educate yourself on the true innovators of that time period who will be remembered long after the Beatles, even if they're due for a rediscovery in the mainstream right now

this

paul fags should all be stabbed in the face

they ruin every beatles thread

>implying Beatles fans aren't all 14-year-old poseurs trying to appear brilliant by worshipping a pop band for hippies