My girlfriend is off xans every single day lately

my girlfriend is off xans every single day lately.
no matter how many times i've asked her to stop and no matter how many times she's agreed to stop.
i don't want her to turn into a bar-tard, how can i make her stop?
this hasn't been going on for long, but it's been long enough to make me feel like shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diazepam
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

shits like more addicting than heroin, maybe just explain that she's going to become retarded. good luck op

Benzos are my frienzos

i told her that shit when she was just thinking about doing them. once she did them she said "i like them. maybe a little too much". and here we are.

switch her to Valium, all the delirium of xanies and easier to ween off. or klonopin. it's weaker but it's not as dangerous to the brain.

or you can switch her to amphetamines(meth optional, adderal or dextro would be better). I started taking dextro to help break my dependence to benzos, now I can do both with better self control and only when I need them for sleep or focus

if you want the "serious" answer, look for rehabs, either through her insurance or if your a poorfag local churches will have something. the latter really helped me when I was kicking opiates in highschool (pills not heroin)

Protip: Cold Turkey and "The 12 Steps" don't work for ship. she needs to develop her self control and be able to tell the difference between need and want. I have to take benzos for my panic and insomnia, and when i NEED them like after a shitty day or during a rough patch, that's a lot different then being bored and wanting to make a few hours disappear like most junkie's do when their habits take root.

have her give you control and set a reasonible time table for her to kick her addiction, be generous but maintain control at all costs. That's how I got my wife off of her meth addiction. it's hard and she will hate, guilt and fight you. but as long as you give as much as she does. that it will be better in the end. denying her straight out will make her not trust you

tell her to get addicted to a real drug like coke

the only problem is she can be fucking stupid so even if i get her off them, i know she'll let her deadshit friends get her back on them.

>12 steps don't work for shit
for some folks they work.

at meetings i get the vibe that most people who are 12 steppers are socially starved and become addicted to the fellowship like it's a incognito replacement therapy.

That's what I'm saying tho, the goal you should be setting isn't complete abstinence from the drug.

abstinence from anything usually causes the opposite to happen. denying something she finds fun w/o a major catastrophic event scaring her into it (like an overdose) will not give her any reason to NOT do it.

The goal you should set is her learning SELF CONTROL. popping a xanie or two at a party with friends is ok, taking them by the handful when it's 4:56 pm on a Tuesday because you're stuck at home and bored is not ok. when she learns and respects the difference,while practicing moderation. then her brain wont rot from the core and she'll be a functioning adult.

Tl:Dr : DON'T CUT HER OFF COMPLETELY!! Teacher her moderation, let her be able to enjoy them but only in the right time and place.

i guess i'm just selfish, i can't stand to see her turn into a zombie. no matter how fun it is for her it's just doesn't feel right. I'll keep in mind everything you've said though, thankyou.

Yo what about the idea that some people are just hopeless addicts.

I've met some genuinely smart and witty people who identify as addicts who would testify that it's not about self control.

Forgot to add, abstinence NEVER works. telling her to "never do it again" is the same as telling horny teenagers to just "not have sex"

and in that regard, getting addicted to things like exercise or community work is a lot more beneficial.

the 12 steps are a good thing for addicts to do, especially if they let their lives spiral out, what gets in the way is -
"I became powerless to my addiction and I will forever be powerless, I am forever a slave to it and that will never change"

That mentality is dangerous because it 9 times out of 10 leads to the "fuck it, I can never change how weak I am, there is no point in trying to be sober if I'm miserable either way"

telling yourself you are week and unable to change is the worst mentality to have when you need to overcome something. they should focus on killing your ego,

"I WAS week and let this become the main objective in my life, but I am stronger than the pull of a substance, I remain controlled in my vices and I can prove my strength by showing moderation without relapse" is a way healthier mindset and it boosts your self confidence

Addictions can all be traced back to the concept of filling a void, no matter what it is, addictions are trying to fill what's not there on a mental, physical or emotional level.

it's not about how smart you are or how much tolerance you have. beating addiction is about realizing what the addiction made you feel before you became addicted.

for substances (also for food or anything consumed) it's a chemical imbalance that's either filled (functional addicts) or covered up by (dysfunctional addicts) the substance, finding out where that imbalance lays and treating it in healthier ways will make whatever you're addicted to less fun (unless you develop physical dependance with benzos, booze or opiates) that you'd need medical help, but otherwise, therapy and adding healthy habits like daily exercise or even going out of your way to do selfless acts that make you feel good will help you overcome substance addiction.

telling yourself you are forever powerless and crying into strangers shoulders twice a week isn't as pleasant or as beneficial

What was your vice?

Mine's alcohol rn, just got out of rehab 6 months of intense for it and currently drinking ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I did to learn to manage my meth and oxy usage. I think self control skills rely on what drug we're working with and what reason's an addict uses them for.

Xanax is for anxiety. Maybe OP get your grillfren to a psych to sus out exactly why she is hooked on their affect. At least that'll be some progress towards stopping beyond just asking her 'stop pls'

Also, 12-steppers need to place blame for their problems on an imaginary friend.

I got out of being command-sponsored into a program from my chain of command by being an atheist. I went off on my 1SG about how the meetings were just surrounding me with pathetic wastes of oxygen who can't just nut-up and admit they need a better hobby.

1SG sent me to the field for like 75% of the time I was stationed there (wainwright) after that. Life was good.

she used to go to a psych bi-weekly just to talk about things, i think it helped but she stopped. the xans picked up a month or so after she stopped going, so I guess I'll have to get her back there or something. but either way her friends are usually the main factor. "take this, it's fun" she'll do it.

I think you gotta scare her straight.
The only reason I stopped taking xans, was because one night I dropped two after a lot of drinking/partying at a bar.

Next thing I knew I woke up in a hospital bed with 5 stitches in my eyebrow because I got so geeked out that I face planted while trying to walk out of an In n Out and gashed my head.

So just try and get her so fucked up to the point where she herself decides she shouldn't do that shit.

Xannax fucking sucks, only good when your 2 cooked on other shit and need to calm down.

Exactly. I don;t see why anyone would want to take it for fun, shit just knocks you out. If you're trying to ease in the opioid scene go for oxy or hydros, xanax isn't a good recreational drug.

>no matter how many times i've asked her to stop and no matter how many times she's agreed to stop.
She's an addict already, cut your losses while you still can.

You need to take a drug because you had a bad day. That's textbook rationalization of your addictive behaviors.... you also don't need them to help you sleep or manage panic either.

I had a really bad series of traumatic events happen back to back in my freshman year of high school. I tried to numb it by taking Vicodin, hydrocodone or oxys between 15-17 (mixed with a lot of drinking) I managed to kick both for some chick my senior year but fell back on drinking after we broke up when I started college, after getting stuck in a manipulative and abusive relationship the drinking got worse and I developed really bad insomnia, depression and anxiety, I started abusing Norcos again but not as bad (mostly 2-3 so I could sleep) that switched to abusing ambien.

those all calmed down when I got with another girl in the last few years of college, I stopped drinking and popping norcos but I still needed the ambien to combat the insomnia as well as an anti-depressant to kill the anxiety.

Life was great up until I snapped hard at her (the product of starting to disassociate a lot) which surprise, turns out a lot of my mental health issues were the onset of Schizo-effective disorder. I lost that GF, got prescribed some heavy anti-psychs and and benzos to help me cope, my insomnia switched to narcolepsy and the anti-psyches killed a lot of my brain function as well as the ability to adult. so I jumped on the amphetamine bandwagon, starting with adderal and switching to meth in order to be awake long enough to hold down jobs and reverse the large weight gain from the seroquel. after I was able to find the right combo of pills to deal with my mental illness (as else ans personally finding the right way to utilize the dosages) I tapered off meth and at that point Restoril, maintained a healthy relationship with work, art, physical fitness and social circles.

I'll be 25 in August, I can wake up. take a dextro (if I feel I need it), go through out my day, deal with life, come home, drink A beer (if I choose to relax that way) fulfill my homebound obligations, pop A hydro (if my body is hurt from the day's activity), and manage.

OP, ask yourself what kind of family you want to have.

Do you want a wife that supports you and your children, who has an inner strength, courage, and joy that expresses through her family? Who takes pride and invests herself into the respectful, curious, loving, innocent beings you and her created?

Think about this. Then think about your girlfriend who considers her friends and her xannies 100% more important than you and your future family.

easier said than done, i really don't care about anyone else in my life. this is all i have.

that's the thing, she was like that. she was everything i could have wanted and more. but she's just losing it lately.

read this.
I take Valium because my brain is genetically and chemically situated to agitate and disrupt my sense of calm. where as I used to pop up to 6-10 a day, I can now take ONE (10mg valium) when I need that extra kick to fall asleep or when shit outside my control causes me to break down (I.E emergencies or sudden dramatic shit like car accidents)

Alcohol is actually good for you, a glass of wine or a beer can help lower your heart rate and blood pressure, a shot of hard alcohol can shed your anxiety during appropriate situations.

Stimulants are the only real optional, Most people in my condition have a hard time functioning under modern anti-psychotics (mostly with keeping time and learning new skills) Stimulants of the medical grade combat that "bleh" hangover they cause as long as I keep my self care as a prioity (eating, sleeping and taking breaks between uses of the stimulant) i m maintain balance.

telling people that they are addicts when in reality it's self medication (and I mean this in the sense that the self medication STAYS as something to be utilized when needed and doesn't become the centralized objective of your existence) is pretty ignorant. and it's also just obnoxious to judge how someone functions if it means they are able to function within generalized socially, maintain employment, keep a sound mind and body and meet personal and peer standards.

it's no different that people who need chemical substance to treat depression or cancer, if they can function, be happy, be healthy and enjoy life, why does it matter how they do it as long as it doesn't become what they are living for?

cool story, man (rly).

I'm 24 too - going down the antidepressant rabbit hole to deal with my anxiety and sadness. Been on 4 in the last 4 months.
>reverse the weight gains from squirrels
tell me about it. I've lost about 20kg ever since i got off mirtaz. This new SNRI i'm on is making me hungry again though ; /

How did you stabilize your mental health?

Here's a quick fix m8:

D U M P H E R

And just like that you're not dating some stupid cunt that pops pills and will inevitably destroy her life as well as yours. Just wait til she fucks some dude to get her drugs

>cold turkey don't work for shit

You're 100% full of shit dude. I was a coke and pill addict for 9 years and I quit cold turkey a year and a half ago and it was the best choice I ever made. Just because you're too weak to do it doesn't mean everybody else is too. If you want to quit you will quit no matter what.

cold turkey for benzos - specifically xanax - is very dangerous. Depending on the degree of addiction / use / dose etc.

quitting coke is a joke compared to benzos

>telling people that they are addicts when in reality it's self medication

We don't know that much about brains, I think it's important to be open to the idea that some people are truly incapable of experiencing a drug without compulsively directing their will power day by day to getting more.

Maybe some people have 'the disease' of addiction.

I for one am going to drink 3 bottles of wine tonight whether I try to practice self control or not. The effect I feel is just too good, I'm obsessed.

she already is a bartard. plus seeing she's a (assumingely) small girl her withdrawals are going to be fucked. Like seizures, heart palpitations, massive anxiety attacks fucked. High key dump her minor car accident having, roll at a time buying, kleptomaniac, constantly incoherent ass lmao

Fuck that. Remind her how she can die from the withdrawals. Let the bitch take too many and black out. Rape her asshole.
Seriously.
Then when she complains. Tell her that it was her idea and she loved it.

Maybe that will do something. It's exactly what I did, only my slut gf ended up liking anal. And the footballs.

So it kinda works out.

this.

you can literally die from benzo withdrawal.

Break up lol, she obviously considers her habit > you.

Benzodiazepines are some of the most physically and mentally addictive compounds on the planet, so good luck.

> yo man, I know you have a physical and emotional connection to someone with a health problem that upsets you, why not just abandon ship so you can be happy while letting her sadness from said break up help her addiction spiral faster out of control. it will be great bro!!

>Coke and pills
so what addiction did you replace it with? has your doctor been concerned with your sudden fast food habit or is he bitching about you smoking cigarettes or vaping? maybe you're just gambling or smoking a lot more weed?

I'm supposed to take 200mg of trazadone, 600mg of lithium, 400mg of Seroquel and 30mgs of Latuda a night as well as a 100mg of trazadone in the morning and the Valium as needed. I cut a lot of that use but maintain balance

All of those helped bring me under control in the first place when I started them at 22, but continuing at that rate killed my brain, my memory, my lust for life and my ability to have autonomy. after over a year I traded benzos for adderal (followed by meth) and got my life back in order, (got my licence, found and kept a good, steady job, finished college and rekindled my hobbies and social life.(dating, keeping up with friends, and maintaining stuff like going to the gym and reading/art/playing music)

It takes constant self crititalization and discipline (that develops with maintaining shit that requires practice of skill) and there is always a risk of losing control but as long as you are honest with yourself about why you are doing the substance and keep in mind that it is not center of your existence. you can make out ok.

also be honest with your doctor/therapist, I tell my dude about everything. and while he doesn't approve of it and regually encourages me to not do the things at all (stimulants and booze). he accepts that they make the other, healthier things in my life possible and keep me from becoming some emotionless knob that can't play with the neurotypicals.

ive woken up in hospital twice because ive finished my script early and couldnt get hold of any for 4-5 days.

took me ages to taper off and im finally clean.

very dangerous shit benzos are

>how can i make her stop?

You can't. If she doesn't want to stop, she won't. Even if she does want to she may not be able to easily.

I know you're being a dick, but if you were to practice "real" self control. you'd want to drink 3 bottles of wine BUT limit yourself to a maximum of 3 glasses.

Expecting and accepting that you ~could~ slip up and drink a bottle or two instead of straight out denying yourself of any wine is better for your confidence in self control. confidence is the key to maintaining moderation, denying yourself because you ~could~ slip is you telling yourself that you can not trust in yourself or your ability to maintain. it's you saying that you can't control yourself on something that other people can do easily,

it's the same as not doing math in the sense you have a hard time using algebra and getting depressed because your peers can do calculus without even a quarter of the effort. (it's a lousy comparison in a physical sense since one is Not doing something while the other IS doing something but it's the confidence that is what to focus on).

If you don't have confidence to do or not do something, you get depressed, getting depressed makes avoidance behavior and escapism more frequent. which opens the path to new voids that needs addictions to fill

>other people can do easily
Yeah but I only know my own human experience.
I've had a bottle since this thread began and I feel fucking fantastic.

Some people are just junkies, bro. As soon as I begin to feel my high fade away I'll be irrationally focused on another drink. I get the feeling that you're not even an attic, bro.

this

When she realizes that she is falling apart because of the drug use (i.e. overdoses, gets in legal trouble or even just looks at herself in the mirror and realizes what it's doing to her) that's when she'll want to stop. but by than she'll need medical help,

Honestly the best way for her to admit she is an addict is by goating an emotional response. One of her friends is probably a lot more out of control than she is, and if by watching how that friend is falling apart doesn't make her want to control herself. make sure she is around when that friend eventually seriously fucks up their life/the life of their peers. (it will happen, there is always "that one guy", and it's because they have no real reason to not go out of control and no real support system to keep them in check).

when that friend eventually hurts her, ODs, goes to jail or just dies. she'll hopfully see that as a wake up call (unless she IS that friend, which hopefully you're a good enough partner to provide a functional support system in her life that doesn't allow her to do that, just be sure that you know when to save your own life and keep her from making you dysfunctional)

>and only if you actually care about her growth, if it's not that serious, if you don't see a future with her, don't destroy yourself to help her. just don't be that fair-weather friend that dumps her when shit gets a little rough, being that flighty is just in poor character

He's definitely not an attic

>As soon as I begin to feel my high fade away I'll be irrationally focused on another drink

up until your insides burn, you're broke with 5 DUIs, can't keep a job and know you need to get better. but why let it get to that point. if you don't lie to yourself (just 1-5 more glasses and i'll be done) remind yourself that having MORE than a socially acceptably amount can lead you to the outcomes i've stated above COULD happen at ANY time and not to "some body else because It won't happen to me" (biggest lie you can tell yourself) and keep in mind the actual physical toll it takes on your body to over-do that substance "I know my body, i swear officer, I know how much I can drink".. those will help you seeking that next high seem that much more undesirable. really you have to kill your ego. remember the danger and find the reason you need to feel that good that wine gives you and try to kill it at the root.

>I get the feeling that you're not even an attic
You're right, nobody stores old boxes of shit in me and I'm not really much of a unit of space that fits between the ceiling an roof of a house.

I'm not an addict either, I make sure to practice self control and make sure to utilize substance instead of abuse them, I was only able to learn this after years of lying to myself and trying hard to cover my voids and issues with bandages instead of solving what caused the issues in the first place, addicts do none of those, addicts lie to themselves about why they are abusing in the first place, addicts use bandages to cover other bandages instead of healing the infection that causes them to abuse in the first place.

Agreed. My ex-wife was also addicted to benzos. Cut your losses.

>listen to this guy

Has she started stealing from you yet? I used to have to hide my wallet. It was after we split that I figured out what exactly it was she was taking.

We flew out of Bkk on vacation where she found a local pharm that sold pills to her. She risked 1-5 for possession, 1-5 consumption, and 1-5 for trafficking. She also put me at risk for being with her. Years later i figured this out. Had customs opened her bag...whoa.

Cut your fucking losses.

she's not to that point yet. i cant even stomach thinking about it, but i don't want to let her get to that point you know? if i have any chance to help her, i want to take that chance.

>I for one am going to drink 3 bottles of wine

Why would you do such a thing like this? Wine is for women, gay people. Look, of you're only a child still, it's ok, that's what beer is for. Beer is literally the marijuana of the world of alcohol. It's designed to help gradually ease kids from substance-free lifestyles into adult ones.

Also, now you fucks have vaping, and can ease yourselves into tobacco the use via something that is practically candy. It's never been easier to slowly kill yourself than it is today. The future is now!

Maybe that's how you can help her, by dumping her ass and showing her you don't want that shit in your life.

As it stands you are enabling it.

Benzos are hardcore. I tried them a few times, did nothing for me, I felt nothing. Later (always later) I relized that's why she took them, to feel nothing.

All the mood swings, shitty attitude, not working. It only goes downhill. Next thing you know, she'll start hiding shit from you. What she does, where she goes.

Let her go.

ut everything you said about a that ideal partner

Now think about how much better of an emotional connection you'd have with her if you both went through some shit and ended up growing from it. think about how much more well rounded she'd be by over coming obstacles with someone that stuck by her through them. how much she'd appreciate the life you'd build with her if she sees what could have been. how much she will cherish you for what you saw her through instead of her never having a bad to contrast the good. imagine knowing all the effort you had to put in, all the battles but seeing it pay off in knowing that without you being a positive force that overcame the negatives, your spouse would have had lived a much, much more depressing life, knowing that you took that train wreck that almost was and made her a blissful, caring and loved individual that won't have any real need to fall apart versus someone that was that way but because they never had that knowledge of abuse, could easily be tempted to abuse after you've already started a family and life with her.

>My mom was addicted to benzos in her youth but dad helped her. they my fight about bills and argue about the past sometimes bu they always make up and we are a happy family!
or
>mom and dad got together and had kids, mom had post partum depression after my dad lost his job and started taking xanax, now all she does is sleep or she make funny noises when she falls down after putting our hot pockets in the oven

I voluntarily went to rehab for 6 months lol dude I've hit rock bottom believe me.

I believe we're different breeds, you and I.
Life is pretty good for me right now but I still feel a powerful urge to make it 'better'. But It must be better, always better. I'm obsessed with enhancing the moment absolutely.

Sometimes there isn't a void. This is just a thing I've discovered that is super recreational and won't fuck me up for like 4 days (meth)
>y
Box wine is cheap as fuck. And I am gay.

>Now think about how much better of an emotional connection you'd have with her if you both went through some shit and ended up growing from it. think about how much more well rounded...

This motherfucker has never had a girlfriend. Don't listen to this shit. You cannot save another person. They will turn you into a crutch and use you. That's drug addiction.

Let her fix herself on her own time. You should be looking for greener...

Or, join her. Become a junkie too.

Xanax is hardcore OP.
Unless she decides to quit, there's nothing you can do.
I got hooked really bad after major cervical spine surgery. My doctors and family intervened and said I'd become dependent. I ignored them. I was completely out of it morning to night.
One day it hit me that I was and decided to stop cold turkey. It was fucking horrific. I was having nightmares while I was awake. Never realized they hold they had on me. These pills are so much worse than heroin.
I stuck with it and the delirium eased after a couple of weeks. Toughest thing I've ever been thru.
Unless she decides herself OP, I'm sorry.
It's you who needs to decide whether you want that in your life, or not.
Good luck user.

That is a good mindset. don't overflex your superiority and make this all about "your feels" while that will help, make her know the physical and social consequences. make her realize it's about her getting healthy and functional for herself and not just so other people will be happy/ focusing to much how it makes her look and how others feel about it is going to make her not give a fuck because honestly who gives a fuck how "they feel" it's her body and she'll do what she wants. so make her care about her body and mind and future of both as to avoid that "fuck what they think" mindset

as easy as that would be, "letting her go" could snap her back to reality, but if she is already trying not to feel than she wont quit because of a break up. it will make it worse, she'll blame him for being a nerd about her wanting to have fun, but than be sad because she is now alone, she'll either fuck some other barheads and regret it later making her feel shitty (or just straight up feel alone by being dumped) and take more benzos to kill that feeling, she'll start building her tolerance and in so, start taking more or mixing them with booze and opiates. eventually she'll wind up in the hospital, permanently fuck up her brain, or just not wake up after a fit. that is if she doesn't start dating a dealer that abuses her need to feel nothing (sexually, emotionally, physically. because they don't care about or respect the junkie gf they make sure to keep around because they are easy to manipulate and control) , and in so making her want to feel even less.

it would be easy to just be rid of her and forget, but empathy is a real son of a bitch and eventually he'll know what happened to her after he dumped her and despite how toxic she might have been, he'll feel guilty for what happened after he wasn't around. he'll think of all the ways "he could have helped" in hindsight if only he didn't abandon ship after the first sight of storm clouds in the distance

>hating on wine
You're an uncultered dickhead with no taste. What do you drink with pasta or pizza or french cuissine? I hope not beer cause then honestly kys.

You can't ween off benzos using other benzos dipshit. user's girlfriend will have to be medically detoxed

fuck you if you think a benzo withdraw is worse then dope sick

been through both and xanax WD, even after years of 4mg+ a day, isn't dick compared to opiate WD

opiate WD feels bad, but can't actually kill you. Benzo withdrawl can.

You cannot save another person. They will turn you into a crutch and use you. That's drug addiction.

This mother fucker has never overcome challenges! don't listen to him, he's never been out of high school!

Being too much of a child by not sticking to your guns in a relationship when it comes to stuff and thinking the only alternitive is by running away or joining that unhealthy behavior is very polar and life has more of a grey area than that.

Stay with her. Uptick the emotional support and encourage healthy behaviors be steadfast in your morals but don't be intolerant of lapse in progress and occasional relapses. be critical of choices that you know SHE knows are wrong. that is what will help

being intolerant in any sort (running away, not putting her progress in perspective of her over you, being cruel out of spite instead of when it's actually needed) is the absolute wrong thing to do when it comes to this.

also, just because you choose to stay with her while she is using doesn't make you an enabler, (like giving her money for them, ignoring the problem and not letting fighting to get her to make better choices is enabling) and just because you choose to stay doesn't mean you have to give up yourself and join her, why anyone is thinking that you should just do that is a very fatalist mindset to have and is also pretty immature.

tbh. it's ass backwards retarded "hurr durr your parner is doing something unhealthy but fuck your sense of self, your self control, your moral compass and your wants and needs, since you wanna stay might as well disregard yourself and show how weak we think you are by joining her"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diazepam

Valium has the longest halflife of all benzos. meaning that she'll still get that high BUT it will be longer before her body needs it again. (xans HL is ~4-6 hours, Diazapam is ~10-20 hours)

Opiate withdraw will shut down your nervous system, it could cause your heart and lungs to seize or just cause you pain from your nerves fucking up from your muscle contractions. it's why they give heroin addicts methadone drips for months after they quit.

5 bars 5 somas 3 lortabs save me

Xanax is pretty addictive. Is weed legal where you live? Even if it isn't it's cheap, usually easy to get, and well known to help break addictions.

join her or dump her, your only two options

also post dem nudes

straight wax and CBD oil will be better starting off/if weed isn't enough

she's been smoking for a little while so i don't think it'll help a lot. when she smokes, she hangs out with her friends. when she hangs out with her friends, they make her do other shit.

time for rehab again bye guys

Weed probably won't help her then, because she has to want to get off the Xanax as well. I took Xanax exactly once. It made me feel so fucking good that I knew I'd abuse the hell out of it, so I've never touched it since.

>hating on wine
>recommending beer
Just fucking kill yourself man

Oh Oh remember to tell the circle about how you blacked out in an ihop and woke up in a park two towns over being molested by a homeless dude after falling asleep on his bench

the dude next to you who gets violent after a 6 pack of PBR and beats down his wife will fill so much better about his choices and knowing at least he's not that loser that posts on a cartoon porn imagebored with a bunch of angry neckbeards .

do you smoke? if so make it your thing to smoke together, by doing so make it so smoking with you is a lot more fun than smoking with them.

if you don't smoke, either start or find something that she would want to do instead

>Being too much of a child by not sticking to your guns in a relationship when it comes to stuff and thinking the only alternitive

Bitch, I'm the guy once married to a benzo addict. I'm the guy she put at risk of years in jail carrying that shit through Thai and then Japan customs.

I have been there. I have held their hand...it's not worth it. They just drag you down.

When you've been there, then you can talk. Tell me about that special person you once helped?

Doc wants me to start something called celexa(i think its called) should i be worried about them as i have acreally addictive personality

i smoke socially, it doesn't always agree with me so i like to keep it to a stray occasion, i'll have to find something else, but i have a feeling she wont enjoy anything else anymore.

>married a benzo addict.
Did you make it a point to help her fix the root of why she was addicted instead of bitching about how she decided to cope?
> I'm the guy she put at risk of years in jail carrying that shit through Thai and then Japan customs.
were you carrying them on your person? were you going with her just to buy the drugs? did you make it a point to not giver her the money, let her go to the place to buy them from and not let her take them back with you? because from how you make it sound, she didn't drag you down, you let her boss you around so she could git her drugs.

(you shouldn't be the one to hold their hand for both recovery AND addiction, if she was doing that and you went along with her instead of putting your foot down that's on you. you abandoning someone just because of a problem is wrong but that's if YOU leave them, if they in turn threatened to leave you because you refused to enable them. (holding their pills, giving them money) than that is on them since they are the ones actively choosing drugs over you.. in honesty you should have got rid of what she brought along if it was in your luggage, if she was that fargone enough to be caught with them thaen she'd be in jail, not you. and that would only happen if you bitched out of the fight she'd put up when you'd forbid her from bringing them or getting rid of them before it became an issue)

Did she have leverage over you, user. would she bust you if you got in her way? did she make threats or make you feel guilty? what caused you to fold to her obviously fiendish demands? why did you back down if you knew the risks unless you were doing it for yourself as well?

>They just drag you down.
They can't drag you down if your force of will outweighs them.and if they did than that just shows how week your fortitude was in the fist place

Fuck you Troll. You have no idea at all.

Good luck OP, I'm out.

idk how people take that shit. I took two of them one time and just felt drunk and sluggish. didn't even feel high.

Drug abuse is about chemical reactions, When i was deep in the benzo haze it was because I was tired of feeling useless, I was tired of not making money, not feeling happiness from what I used to enjoy, i was tired of the nagging loneliness and dissatisfaction with the progress I hadn't made in my life.I took benzos to fall asleep or at least into a delirium so i wouldn't feel as bad as knew I was.

honestly smoking weed did help but as a gateway, I started smoking with new people, in turn I discovered new things to enjoy, by that I started new hobbies (started a shitty folk punk band, hooked up with a DnD group. took dance classes at my college, learned new trades because why not, tagged along with those new friends even when i felt like shit and ended up having experiences that overshadowed my want to numb myself.)

tL:Dr smoke with her just enough as not to get sick yourself and just go on adventures stoned, meet new circles and keep her from boredom because that will make all the shit she is trying to run from keep her down

Dump her unless you are ready to fight a very annoying fight the comming years. Unless she wants to quit she's not gonna. Not for you, not for anyone.

fuck her while she's high, do anything you want with her body

Get her to smoke more weed.

>be me
>get a script after head injury
>helps sleep, panic
>time goes by, figure out Im getting used to shit
>things normalize
>blaze constantly
>ween myself off them
>discover I can feel again
>feels good manssssss

All off them now, sure I sleep shittier but at least I'm out of that A Hole mode. They make you not care, about anything. It can bring on suicidal boredom. Did I need them at the time? Yeah probably, but I don't need them ALL the time, nor do I need them any longer.

I still wake up freaked out but I know it will pass, so I wait. Can smoke a bowl, chill for a sec and wait for it to pass, cause it will. I know that now.

Yeah fuck xans. was on about 2mgs a day for 2 years ish. Forced myself off like two months ago and haven't had any since.

bro i helped my GF kick a hardcore meth addiction. and I mean one so bad that when she was kicking that shit it sent her into a few psychotic episodes. enough to need to be 51/50's. it was hard. it hurt but i made sure i didn't give her the security, resources or even encouragement to inhibit her habit. at the same time I diidn't make her feel like a shitty human for falling into it in the first place, I didn't make her recovery about me, I didn't put her down for relapsing, I showed her compassion, understanding and respect but don't think for a second I stopped fighting to keep her clean, or that I let her think that I stopped caring about the progress she made no matter how small.

if the addict thinks you've lost hope in them than they lose hope in themselves.

show how much you actually tried since you let some troll frustrate you enough to just back out. if you can't deal with me criticizing how you dealt with and failed an addict, than why should OP bother with your advice? you don't ask to be tutored in a subject by someone who failed the course and just tells you "it's not worth it, it will just make you sad and feel dumb"

so when you do decide to come back to the thread in like 15 minutes after lookiing for a porn thread in the catalogue to see if anyone bothered replying to your shit. you can see that even you just leaving this thread further shows that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about

This is the kind of shit OP needs to take inspiration from. this is the self control that can be learned, but in OP's gf's case her illness is boredom/ dissatisfaction with herself.

that's the root of why she is addicted in the first place

>OP's gf's case her illness is boredom/ dissatisfaction with herself.

If that is the case the last thing she should be doing is benzos, holy shit. benzos will just make her more bored.

Are you from ohio

>her being more bored will make her want more to not feel bored, in turn making her even more bored.

she's caught in a loop

>xans
I'm on mobile, is that ayn rand?

no. it's more akin to H.S. Thompson

how does xanax compare feeling wise to oxazepam? ive never tried xanax only oxaze

when I'm going through a rough patch I end up taking more. even when Im through the rough patch I have to keep my dosage up otherwise anxiety kicks back in hard, how do I dose down to not experience this?

Green text that shit faggot
>░██████╗░██████╗░░░░░██╗███████╗░░░░░█████╗░░░░░███████╗░█████╗░░██████╗░░██████╗░░██████╗░████████╗
>██╔═══██╗██╔══██╗░░░░██║██╔════╝░░░░██╔══██╗░░░░██╔════╝██╔══██╗██╔════╝░██╔════╝░██╔═══██╗╚══██╔══╝
>██║░░░██║██████╔╝░░░░██║███████╗░░░░███████║░░░░█████╗░░███████║██║░░███╗██║░░███╗██║░░░██║░░░██║░░░
>██║░░░██║██╔═══╝░░░░░██║╚════██║░░░░██╔══██║░░░░██╔══╝░░██╔══██║██║░░░██║██║░░░██║██║░░░██║░░░██║░░░
>╚██████╔╝██║░░░░░░░░░██║███████║░░░░██║░░██║░░░░██║░░░░░██║░░██║╚██████╔╝╚██████╔╝╚██████╔╝░░░██║░░░
>░╚═════╝░╚═╝░░░░░░░░░╚═╝╚══════╝░░░░╚═╝░░╚═╝░░░░╚═╝░░░░░╚═╝░░╚═╝░╚═════╝░░╚═════╝░░╚═════╝░░░░╚═╝░

I've had a couple of beers on benzos, whats it like to black out? I always feel pretty safe if I only have a few but some have told me blackouts can randomly occur

bump

I completely agree. I have a prescription for xanax and I've never had fun on the rare occasion I take some. It just makes me tired as hell and really hungry.

say you take 2mg, 3 times a day at the height

>over 2-3 weeks
>first three days try to space out doses as far as possible
>next three days try to be consistent in times to dose (10am, 3pm and 11pm for example)
>next 3 days cut out a dose and replace it with something that mimics the effect of the drug (!0am, ~smoke weed, go to the gym, something that feels good~ 11pm)
>next six days make your doses skip between doing the other thing I.E. day 1 (10am ,gym ,weed) day 2 (weed, gym, 11pm)
>after that make sure to keep the good habits going, if you need a dose, don't guilt yourself out of it but only after you have tried the two actions you used to replace taking it first. that way you won't feel like you need it and also don't have to worry about withdrawal as bad

underrated

black outs suck because you don't see them coming, and there is no limit on when they happen (you could be a xannie and a beer in or have taken 10 and killed 5th of jack, it could happen in between or not at all and that's the scariest part

blacking out is nuts, you feel the nice, cozy sedative feeling of having your body feel as if it's covered in a blanket, your delayed reaction time doesn't phase you, you do something that causes a shift in blood pressure (like standing up) and that you wake up 10 hours later of your kitchen floor covered in piss and mustard surrounded by broken dishes and what would have been a basic sandwich on the floor, and that's the best case scenario